Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best Nike effort. The pewter alternate is a throwaway but not too many alternates aren't complete garbage so this one is par for the course. The Bucs and Nike didn't screw up. I'm impressed!

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think that"s black.

Yeah, part of the whole appeal of the '97-'13 uniforms was that pewter was absent from the jerseys (which plays into @Htown1141's idea that pewter was a last-minute addition). Either way, I'm glad we're back to pewter as helmets and pants only (aside from the alternate). Black socks really "ground" the home and road sets.

I'm also glad the logo is a bit smaller on the helmets, it seems. For the most part, this is as "ctrl+z" a redesign as we've gotten in the Nike period. This demonstrates that Nike won't necessarily operate in extremes, going for overdesigned superhero costumes ('14-'19 Bucs, Titans, Seahawks for those who don't like them, '15-'19 Browns, and '13-'17 Jaguars) or minimalist looks ('18-present Jaguars, both Dolphins designs, sort of the Jets, etc.). This has me optimistic about the Browns' redesign, as well as the Patriots and Chargers. I'm sure the Falcons and Rams will likely screw things up, but I expect them to do one of those "ctrl+z" redesigns when the time comes.

9 minutes ago, Sport said:

Since the Nike contract began the Jaguars, Buccaneers, Browns, and Titans have all tried some absolutely ridiculous looking, super-hero costume, Nike-speaked to death, silly, some of the worst uniforms to ever seen an NFL field. The Jaguars and Bucs have reverted back to looks that strongly resemble the sets they wore before they got Nike-ified, the Browns probably will, and the Titans remains to be seen. It's not a great shooting percentage. 

When will Nike and these NFL franchises learn that you don't have to reinvent the wheel? You probably don't even need to touch the wheel in most cases.

3 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Bucs draft hat doesnt say Big Guava either.

ff_3709970-f35d3c7ae7fb5df84665_full.jpg

DOWNGRADE!

These are really nice jerseys and I don’t hate the all pewter look for what it is.

Also, great job updating the sails on the boat logo. Though I do wonder how many people will notice this outside of here.

IEI5Tg1.png

Awesome.  Awesome. Awesome. Of course, they could have just stood pat with their original pewter-era uniforms and everyone could be happy, but these are sharp and a huge improvement over the messy crap they're retiring.  Love the orange trim on the numbers (and the three-layer numbers in this era of the one-layer-number).

The pewter jersey should also have orange on the numbers...I don't quite understand taking orange out of that set.  There are other flaws...they manage to include a "4" on all three in the promo...and the filled in hole in the (shoulder) 4 is less than idea.  And still with the huge helmet logo.

But overall, I'm really happy with this.

A- (and the "minus" is because it's so similar to the set that inspired it, but not as good).

Arians was definitely right by "regular fan" standards and pretty close to right by "CCSLC" standard when he said they looked like throwbacks.

Nice work, Bucs!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Unpopular opinion, with apologies to the Warrick Dunn jersey I owned as a kid: the pewter alt is my favorite, something about the red/white trim on a grayish base just works really well (see also: the 00s Nets jerseys that people love). Makes me wish they didn't bring back the orange elsewhere, frankly, because I'd like to see that simpler color scheme across the board. Maybe it would be too boring on the red and the white bases. But I don't think black trim on those is interesting, either, and too many outlines makes it fussy.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

27 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

That's strange then, because it's definitely smaller in that picture, but then they show it on the players and it definitely doesn't look smaller there: 
EVBCuWOWsAA-yuA.png

If you look closely, Godwin's helmet decals are smaller than the other two (look at the distance between the two sword points on the top of the helmet) . Maybe this is a helmet model issue... they can't fit the large decals on Godwin's model of helmet?

Not bad. Rather predictable. The black socks seem out of place once again. Why not red socks with the pewter pants and pewter socks with the white pants? Their last set at least got that right for the most part.

Not sure why they suddenly favor the bland all white look that doesn't feature any pewter or anything interesting at all for that matter. The gallery on their site shows just 1 out of 40 photos in the white on pewter look.

We really don't need another Lions situation where the metallic monochrome is just a flat version of the color that looks off with the helmet.

All 3 Florida teams now have generic, stripe-less, detail-lacking jerseys. Wish the Jags and Bucs could've found a middle ground, but apparently there is no in between outlandish and generic/boring.

Archived