Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Yeah, so, @McCarthy just put out legit the ONLY Bucco Bruce update I’ve ever liked. 

So...I admit I'm the opposite of you on this. I adore the Super Bowl look, don't get me wrong. That being said? If the Bucs went back to Bucco Bruce throwbacks, unaltered? I'd likely be a full-fledged Bucs fan in a year's time. I've shared this story before, but I considered giving the Bucs more of a look when I moved to Tampa and it was ultimately their supremely ugly uniforms that kept me from seriously latching on. It's just comically bad. Bucco Bruce though? The orange is a nice shade, and the logo has the kind of kitsch I appreciate.

With all of that said? McCarthy just made the best Bucco Bruce logo of all time.

I really like it, except that there's an awful lot of black space considering that should be their tertiary color at best, if a team color at all.

EDIT: I see now that the tweet includes a version without black, which improves it a great deal. Carry on

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

It baffles me that stuff like this is just done for free and floating out on the internet but the team in question says "you know what we need? A Terminator skull."

Does anyone else think that because of the internet and all of these excellent designs, teams are weary of making any changes even slightly resembling a concept posted online? The original Baltimore Ravens logo lawsuit doesn't help either. 

I like how fiery the orange, red, and maroon look together, plus the pewter taking on the vestigial accent role that orange took on when they became the grime 49ers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Yeah, so, @McCarthy just put out legit the ONLY Bucco Bruce update I’ve ever liked. 

I respect your opinion but, I'm not a fan at all. 

I'm a proponent of going with classic Bucco Bruce with some slight updates like smoother lines and a **little bit** more detail (see the Lions current logo for reference as to what I'm picturing). This one is too much. 

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

EF1bkIwWoAERpnx?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Boom. That's your new primary logo and color scheme. No black, but rather maroon/scarlet/orange with pewter accents would look stellar.

How do you always make better logos for my local sports franchises, then they have ever had? IT ASTOUNDS ME!!!

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

On the whole, I like it. But I think there needs to be a bit more contrast between the red and orange.  That orange looks too dark, and the whole thing becomes a bit of a blob. 

Those colors were taken from the Bucs current color pallette, but I see your point. I'll try to find something in between the current orange and the orange they used back in the Bucco Bruce days, which is too close to yellow for my tastes. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

48 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Those colors were taken from the Bucs current color pallette, but I see your point. I'll try to find something in between the current orange and the orange they used back in the Bucco Bruce days, which is too close to yellow for my tastes. 

That’s cool.   I hadn’t realized those were the current colors, I just don’t think they work for this application.  The face needs more contrast; if not the original shade then something brighter than this.  

Archived