Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

24 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

The Bucs revealed their new uniforms which is almost an exact recreation of the 2000s era uniforms and they are glorious. What are your thoughts on it? I’m really glad Nike finally owned their mistake and didn’t try anything new or gaudy again. I also love the all black alts 

spacer.png

The alts aren't all black, and people have given their thoughts on the previous 15 pages of this thread. 

edit: Sorry @Reyes47, didn't know you posted this much earlier

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

The Bucs revealed their new uniforms which is almost an exact recreation of the 2000s era uniforms and they are glorious. What are your thoughts on it? I’m really glad Nike finally owned their mistake and didn’t try anything new or gaudy again. I also love the all black alts 

spacer.png

If Nike could ever match the pewter pants a little closer to the helmet, those white jerseys over pewter pants would be one of all-time greatest NFL looks.  I really like these white jerseys.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I do miss the black collar treatment of the original. It was ditched because of the flywire silliness and had hoped it would be back. The little trim is nice, but I'd hoped for more. 

If nothing else, I feel like this is validation for how good the Sapp-era uniforms were. There's nothing mind blowing going on here. It's just nice that a set that deserved affection is getting it. 

Plus I really want this back for the preseason:

132683241.jpg

35 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Nike's failure to produce metallic pants, or even the right color matte pewter is such an epic disappointment.. firstly, I don't believe for half a second that it's "impossible" to reproduce the old color and sheen.. secondly, the old fabrics still exist, so just use them if you "can't" use your own fabrics.. 

The new pewter is so ugly and anthracite-looking, particularly in the photo shoots with light reflecting the gold-ish metallic flake in the helmets.. if that's an accurate look at the helmets, Nike should've adjusted their matte fabric version of "pewter" to be a bit lighter and gold-ier..

I actually prefer the new color. The old pewter was great for the early 2000’s but I don’t think it fits in 2020. But that’s just my opinion.

image.png

8 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

spacer.png

They're pewter, not black.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The alts aren't all black, and people have given their thoughts on the previous 15 pages of this thread. 

Sorry for the confusion, I merged that post in from a separate thread that had been started elsewhere on the boards.

Elated that they look this good.I'll be able to stomach watching Brady play for them. Some great decisions made by the team and Nike, details that we notice but most people don't. I wish they had forced Nike to come up with a metallic pewter fabric option, but other than that I think the set is amazing.

I would've personally liked the color rush to be one of two things; the all-white look with pewter replacing what's red and red replacing what's orange, or a pair of red pants added to pair with the red jersey. If your problem is that Nike won't produce a fabric you want, don't have one entire uniform option made up of their replacement fabric. Glad they didn't add orange to it though, orange and pewter don't belong very close to each other IMO.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

My best guess is they figured black sails looked out of place with that they were doing with the color rush (which is pewter/red/white heavy from the neck down), and if that’s the line of thinking they had, I agree.

I still don’t think it’s a good uniform in comparison to the home and road, and really needs black and orange. But with them committing to the accents being red and white exclusively, red sails in a vacuum was probably the most consistent choice with the individual set’s concept as well as giving it even more of an “alternate” exclusivity, if that makes sense. Even as a stickler for consistency myself, that design choice makes sense to me.

i think its odd to change it just for color contrast. there's a whole story and specific connotations that come from changing the colors; they have 2 different ships. one suggests the Raiders. i just can't support this 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Nike and Tampa finally realized they should never have gotten rid of their Super Bowl uniforms.  It was the perfect look for them and only needed to do a couple tweaks to keep up-to-date.  The new ones are exactly what should have been done instead of the abominations they wore the past few years.

4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Probably the lighting deceiving me, but the fabric of the two pewter pants looks different. The normal pair look slightly shiny while the alternate pair looks more matte

Several factors are at play there, including the shadows and the color of the socks and the jersey in each photo. I'm sure they're the exact same if you take out all the other variables and could compare only the pewter fabric side by side.

Archived