Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

55 minutes ago, IceCap said:

More proof that this was a team-directed endeavour, not a Nike-directed one.

That's the truth. It's almost like they went to the league and said "we listened to Nike last time. We listened to you guys last time. You gave use dirty brown uniforms with digital alarm clock numbers and told us it was fire emoji. You told us the kids would love it. We listened to you. We looked like clowns and the fans hated it. Just give us what we had before." and then Nike came back with "but" and the Bucs interrupted and said "GIVE US WHAT WE HAD BEFORE" and Nike went "okay jeez. You don't wanna look fire emoji? Fine. We can do boring old boring boring. Let's talk color rush. Can we interest you in some bulls*** there?". 

40 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

How many color rush uniforms are really good? I can’t think of one except maybe the Saints all whites. They need to stop with making have to be all one color. Just a third alt. Jersey is enough they shouldn’t have to be one entire color from head to toe. Especially the socks ...makes it look even worse. 

The Bengals is a good start for a redesign and an improvement over their regular uniforms. Would look much better with orange or black socks, though. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

Knocking a whole uniform for one unfortunate design mistake not under the team’s control? Whatever helps you sleep at night, chief.

Who was stopping them from wearing gold or black socks?

3 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

So that makes the WHOLE uniform bad? 

Um, I never said that?

3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Probably the NFL and Nike’s ridiculous attempt at declaring every part of teams color rush uniforms being one solid main color.

Teams have been opting out of Colour Rush since the program started. No one was forcing the Saints on anything.

EDIT- Colour Rush was officially discontinued in 2018.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925839/article/is-nfls-color-rush-era-in-danger-of-fading-away

1 hour ago, Redsoxboi18 said:

The Sox and yanks have timeless uniforms. The NFL has 5 teams at most with timeless uniforms like the packers, 49er’s, Old browns uni’s, and teams like that but the bucs aren’t one of those teams in my opinion. Should they have gone off the rails? Absolutely not lol. Less is more in my opinion. I just wish they had gone with a nice font that worked.

What about:

Steelers

Raiders

Cowboys

Colts

Chiefs

I know some will include the Bears in there.

1 minute ago, IceCap said:

Teams have been opting out of Colour Rush since the program started. No one was forcing the Saints on anything.

Why would the Saints opt out of arguably the most popular CR uniform?

Not you specifically, but you’re out of your damn mind if you think it’s bad on any measure because you decide to knit pick at the smallest part of the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Redsoxboi18 said:

I’m sorry and I’m sure I’ll get heat for this but this redesign is complete garbage. These teams just went too far with their last redesigns but to be honest at least they could have just kept the font and got rid of those gross outlines and the breaking in the font to be more clean and then kept everything with the redesign. I get what they did and I know they played it really safe here but come on man. It would have made them look a bit unique. These are plain and boring and have ZERO character to them. Don’t crucify me over my opinion. Just stating it. 

Unique does not always equal good. They created a modern classic back in the 90's, then threw it away for something "unique". That was total garbage, and now they've learned their lesson that what they already had was they're best look. What you're suggesting is that they keep trying something different, over and over and over again, in the hopes that, someday, they may come up with something that looks good. That's akin to putting the same team of players out on the field, who just aren't that good (and I don't mean young prospects or up and coming players), day after day, for many, many years, in hopes that they might, someday, be a winning team.

Too many people have the mindset that every team needs to look "different" rather than look "good" or, ideally, "right". THIS is the right look for the Bucs.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Knocking a whole uniform for one unfortunate design mistake not under the team’s control? Whatever helps you sleep at night, chief.

michael scott wink GIF

The NFL color rush is a joke.  The Rams in all yellow and Chiefs in all red was the last straw for me.  The whole concept is awful.  

3 minutes ago, colortv said:

Browns, Bills, Patriots have solid color rush uniforms.

The only thing solid about the Browns color rush is that it was better than the regular uniform set. The orange numbers bled into brown at times. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

season.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-07-at-1.15.37-PM-590
Why is there a black nike swoosh with a red outline in this pic?

Edit: never mind just bad lighting.

This white version is exquisite.    I'd say the majority of the plethora of Thomas Brady jerseys that will soon flood the country will be bought in this color.

My only irritation is the team wordmark.   Curse the mid-90s Dallas Cowboys for making this a thing

18 minutes ago, IceCap said:

It’s kind of like the NCAA’s Pro Combat uniforms, which they promoted for two or three cycles but were phased out when nearly every team started wearing alternate uniforms. The difference being that the NFL is no longer forcing Color Rush on teams for Thursday night games and some are opting out while others have just made it a part of their regular rotation.

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Why would the Saints opt out of arguably the most popular CR uniform?

Not you specifically, but you’re out of your damn mind if you think it’s bad on any measure because you decide to knit pick at the smallest part of the whole thing.

Yes the socks can make that big of a difference when looking at the uniform as a whole. 

6 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Yes the socks can make that big of a difference when looking at the uniform as a whole. 

Giants, Broncos, Bills, Patriots, Bengals, Panthers, Cowboys, all arguably with the best Color Rush alternates, the program ended in 2018, yet somehow none of these teams are opting for different colored socks for the respective uniforms? Sounds more like a league thing than an individual team thing.

We could have, and probably should have gotten different colored socks for the Bucs new pewter color rush alternate, but here we are...

Idc Smile GIF

5 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

I'd say the majority of the plethora of Thomas Brady jerseys that will soon flood the country will be bought in [white]

Nah. Maybe to a person really into uniforms, but the average fan will most definitely lean towards the red jerseys because
a.) they are the primary home jerseys 

b.) white gets dirty easier and is harder to get stains out of

And the fact you can mix and match freely even with color rush elements...cowboys navy over white, browns all white socks with orange pants, etc so there’s no need to wear long underwear. The saints just choose to do so and further, they created another white pant option to do it in regular games. I truly feel they will destroy their look and be all white or all black, the Falcons will be in titans-bad territories, the panthers muddled their look with black leotards, and that leaves the bucs being the best looking team in the division by default and by actual looks.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived