Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

4 hours ago, IceCap said:

Anyway my thoughts as a new Bucs fan...

I was hoping for an update of the creamsicles but that was always a distant dream. The Super Bowl set is an amazing consolation prize. 

All in all? It looks amazing. The orange number outlines? Yes. Yes. Yes. It looks so good. I actually like Paul Lukas, but I am glad he was wrong about these. 

Maybe his source was FormerLurker 🤔

The black ship doesn't bother me at all. They were black on the original Super Bowl look after all, and no one thought "Raiders" then (except maybe Al Davis). 

And while I get @BrandMooreArt's desire for consistency? Colour rush unis have always played fast and loose with team colours, so I don't see the ship being red on the pewter jerseys as being a problem.  

The continued use of the newer logos is a disappoint. I had hoped they would, at least, get rid of the silver shading. Even then though...the home and roads are so good that I can accept the logos. They're not as good as they could be, but the uniforms are such a huge improvement over the previous clown suits that it's hard to hold that against this overall upgrade. 

The pewter colour rush though...I'm not feeling it. Monochrome sucks on a base level, and I've never liked the idea of pewter outside of the helmet and pants. Still it'll be worn what? Once a year? 

Overall? They hit a home run and Tom'll look hot in the new-old identity 😛

And again...this isn't "Nike getting it right." This is the team having a vision and sticking to it. It shows no hallmarks of a usual Nike over-design, and it looks gorgeous because of it. 

This is proof positive that there's a lot of value in going back and admitting a change was a mistake. I hope more teams take note. 

Have pretty much the same thoughts of the Bucs set as you. Glad they kept the orange. Just curious, which team were you a fan of before the Bucs, and why did you make the switch?

13 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Nah. Maybe to a person really into uniforms, but the average fan will most definitely lean towards the red jerseys because
a.) they are the primary home jerseys 

b.) white gets dirty easier and is harder to get stains out of

I have a Lynch and Barber jersey, both are the red version

28 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

Have pretty much the same thoughts of the Bucs set as you. Glad they kept the orange. Just curious, which team were you a fan of before the Bucs, and why did you make the switch?

I can answer both for you...

The [used-to-be San Diego] Chargers, and he switched because he fell for the snowbird trap relocated to the Tampa area. 

I had a nice, drawn-out post typed out that explained in detail some of the more, um, "succinct" points levied in this thread--but then the server kicked me out and then the browser put me in Creamerite jail so I lost all that and don't feel like restyling all that, so I'll just say this: Tampa Bay looks like the Buccaneers of my sophomore-senior seasons of high school and young adulthood. That color rush is cheeks (as are those logos), but the other two...yeah, glad they brought those back. Probably still won't get me back as a fan, though, but good on 'ya, Tampa!

Ryan Clark just called the new uniforms "the same uniform with new numbers" saying Tampa Bay disappointed everyone waiting at home, "could've lit the world on fire, but you didn't" on SVP SportsCenter. They really don't have anything to talk about do they? 

9 hours ago, DNAsports said:

You’d also be out of your mind if you think an orange alternate in this set would have looked better than the all pewter.

Especially with the one helmet rule. 

9 hours ago, hawk36 said:

It shouldn't be that difficult Nike... 

OrangeAdded.jpg

How would the orange look outside the red?

I’d be interested in how the Color Rush could look with the white in the numbers and stripe replaced by orange. Kind of like this but with a warmer gray and a thicker red outline. It could make the color rush more uniquely Bucs than just a routine dark jersey with red outlines and white numbers

So I’ve been thinking about it and I think the biggest problem the creamsicles had was that the colors really don’t tie in very well with a pirate theme. Had they used those colors and had a name that was more reflective of something bright and tropical, it would’ve had a lot better staying power. The pirate theme in general usually emphasizes the dirty and grimy aspects of the characters it’s mimicking. With that, colors like pewter, dark red, and black fit the overall theme like a glove. But when they paired those bright looking colors and crisp white helmets with a scowling pirate mascot, it looks out of place at best and, dare I say, almost a bit effeminate at worst. That may not be the most effective way to phrase it, but it’s sort of the issue I’ve always had with that set. The mascot is supposed to be a fierce sea burglar (I think it was ice cap who coined that phrase), but I felt like it could never really buy it wrapped in a crisp, bright white and creamy pastel orange. It almost felt fraudulent, in a sense. Like, who’s going to take these guys seriously? And pair that uphill battle with one of the most disastrous starts an NFL franchise could ever have, and you have an impossible tailspin of mockery and contempt. 

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Why would the Saints opt out of arguably the most popular CR uniform?

Like I said, the Colour Rush program was formally abolished in 2018. There was nothing stopping them from wearing the Colour rush jerseys and pants with gold or black socks.

34 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

So I’ve been thinking about it and I think the biggest problem the creamsicles had was that the colors really don’t tie in very well with a pirate theme. Had they used those colors and had a name that was more reflective of something bright and tropical, it would’ve had a lot better staying power. The pirate theme in general usually emphasizes the dirty and grimy aspects of the characters it’s mimicking. With that, colors like pewter, dark red, and black fit the overall theme like a glove. But when they paired those bright looking colors and crisp white helmets with a scowling pirate mascot, it looks out of place at best and, dare I say, almost a bit effeminate at worst. That may not be the most effective way to phrase it, but it’s sort of the issue I’ve always had with that set. The mascot is supposed to be a fierce sea burglar (I think it was ice cap who coined that phrase), but I felt like it could never really buy it wrapped in a crisp, bright white and creamy pastel orange. It almost felt fraudulent, in a sense. Like, who’s going to take these guys seriously? And pair that uphill battle with one of the most disastrous starts an NFL franchise could ever have, and you have an impossible tailspin of mockery and contempt. 

Nailed a-lot of valid points there, I mean the epitome of a team born in 1970's Florida but however much we like those uniforms myself including the 97 rebrand IMO is still one of the best we've ever seen period and made the team more reflective of their name/brand instead of their era. 

red/pewter is their best look. 

Didn't read through all the thread. 

No please no monotone to be worn on field. 

White/white is bad. But pewter/pewter is the worst

Red/Pewter and white/pewter is all we need. 

Pewter uniforms are way too generic. I can see them pushing those down our throats. 

I realize there's some history with white pants but it's never appealed to me, balance wise. 

Decent marginal upgrade 

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

Like I said, the Colour Rush program was formally abolished in 2018. There was nothing stopping them from wearing the Colour rush jerseys and pants with gold or black socks.

You may recall the Raiders wore their Color Rush (rather, silver-numbered throwback) jersey with silver pants and black socks in each of the last two seasons (at the 49ers in 2018, home against the Chargers in 2019) despite it initially being paired with white pants and socks. 

Thank goodness Tom Brady will wear the new uniforms. While I somehow like the Jameis Winston era uniforms (except the numbers), the 2020 uniforms give us a nostalgic feeling. Simple looking, but gives an aggressive message. I'm content with the block font, although I think they should've gone with a distinct (but not too gimmicky) block font that will separate it from other teams. If this redesign is possible, then why can't other teams do the same?

I absolutely love this update. The pewter set is kinda meh, but I can live with it for a couple games a season. The logos could still use some re-working but they are fine. I honestly didn't expect them to go back to this look but am pleasantly surprised. I think the only thing I would have liked to have seen was a slightly modified block font, nothing to fancy though. I always thought a block font with scalloped corners would look amazing. 

Q5s5nlx.png 

This is an excellent update, especially seeing what the Falcons will probably end up with. But nevertheless, i've been thinking, something just isn't right about these. I couldn't put my finger on it until this morning.

No metallic pants.

Shame

13 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

spacer.png

This is the first orange/pewter set I like. Thanks for making me dissatisfied with this redesign now

Here are all the Buccaneers new possible combos.
Dark
6LBTvcf.jpg

Datty0Q.jpg

dEEe3Bk.jpg

0Z6pv6A.jpg

Zgd77vG.jpg

xZrrvuV.jpg
Light
5WWg9Pf.jpg

BdtJiOM.jpg

rBbDrT0.jpg

R4tKAs0.jpg

s7tDEai.jpg

e0mQ0Un.jpg
Color Rush

H9hjpIx.jpg

10 hours ago, colortv said:

What about:

Steelers

Raiders

Cowboys

Colts

Chiefs

I know some will include the Bears in there.

Steelers: the logo on only one side of the helmet dates it, and it could be argued that the numbers are also following a trend from a certain era. 

Raiders: yeah

Cowboys:  hell no.  Their mismatched colors are obviously from another era - there's nothing 'timeless' about it.

Colts: yeah

Chiefs: yeah

Bears: yeah