Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

With the Bucs uniform now out and we all shared our opinions on it.... I figured I share this because I was working on the Bucs before the actual uniform came out.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDGP said:

 

I think it's pretty simple actually. They all saw how popular the Seahawks and Oregon uniforms were and they wanted in on that "edgy" design action.

 

It's why I'm glad the Eagles held off on giving Chip Kelly "his" kind of uniforms. Midnight Green might not be a good color (but I like it), but at least the template is simple, the font isn't that goofy, and the pants have stripes. Imagine them winning it all in this:

 

Voila_Capture-2014-03-05_06-00-44_PM.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

Yuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Voila_Capture-2014-03-05_06-00-44_PM.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Honestly not a terrible look. Lighten the grey and swap out the kelly for midnight and that'd look great. It may be a bit garish for the Eagles, but it's not too out there by Nike's standards. That'd place among Nike's best redesigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DejaEntendu said:

The Orange alternates look decent, but I’d rather have the true creamsicles, at this point, and they wouldn’t go with two orange options. I’d really love to see the white creamsicles return, too.

My thoughts to a "T".  They know the throwbacks will sell, once used again (as soon as 2021 if rumors are true).  I too kinda hope for white throwbacks this time around, since we've seen the creamsicle orange ones already.

 

For visibility, i would avoid the 1976 whites (orange numbers outlined in red) and go for the 1977-96 (red numbers lined in orange).  Not sure what pants color i would prefer.

 

1992_TampaBay.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people keep calling the new alternate set "anthracite"? Even if it looks noticeably different than the shiny pewter, it's also a much more warm shade of gray than Nike anthracite is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Cause it’s not pewter 

 

Bingo.

 

Nike claims they can't make pewter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read a USA Today article saying the Bucs missed an opportunity to sell a lot of Creamsicle Brady jerseys.  But the Bucs have never stopped making Creamsicle jerseys for sale.  They were even making Jameis Winston Creamsicles.  Is there any new rule saying that there can’t be new creamsicle fashion jerseys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

Just read a USA Today article saying the Bucs missed an opportunity to sell a lot of Creamsicle Brady jerseys.  But the Bucs have never stopped making Creamsicle jerseys for sale.  They were even making Jameis Winston Creamsicles.  Is there any new rule saying that there can’t be new creamsicle fashion jerseys?

 

Exactly, and they’ll sell even more next year when/if they’re reinstated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

Just read a USA Today article saying the Bucs missed an opportunity to sell a lot of Creamsicle Brady jerseys.  But the Bucs have never stopped making Creamsicle jerseys for sale.  They were even making Jameis Winston Creamsicles.  Is there any new rule saying that there can’t be new creamsicle fashion jerseys?

 

No.  But fashion jerseys don't sell as well as authentics, which is why teams insist on having alternate on-field jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve let this unveiling simmer in my head for the better part of a day now. I absolutely love the new uniforms and the only thing I have against it is that I think I would like to see the CR alternate use a red facemask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While this uniform change is a huge upgrade from the previous set, the Buccanners REALLY dropped the ball by not going with an updated Bucco Bruce/Creamsicle set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

While this uniform change is a huge upgrade from the previous set, the Buccanners REALLY dropped the ball by not going with an updated Bucco Bruce/Creamsicle set.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how come Nike doesn’t seem to have any problems making shiny pants in every other color but pewter? Does anyone know if they changed the pewter on the helmet at all? It looks different in some pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

So how come Nike doesn’t seem to have any problems making shiny pants in every other color but pewter? Does anyone know if they changed the pewter on the helmet at all? It looks different in some pics.


Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the shiny pants teams like the Cowboys and Raiders wear under Nike are actually from the Ripon template, so it’s not quite the same.
 

Is that correct, for those who know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

It's why I'm glad the Eagles held off on giving Chip Kelly "his" kind of uniforms. Midnight Green might not be a good color (but I like it), but at least the template is simple, the font isn't that goofy, and the pants have stripes. Imagine them winning it all in this:

 

Voila_Capture-2014-03-05_06-00-44_PM.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

Yuck.

 

But that green is about 400 percent better than their current shade.😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

But that green is about 400 percent better than their current shade.😝

Absofreakinlutly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:


Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the shiny pants teams like the Cowboys and Raiders wear under Nike are actually from the Ripon template, so it’s not quite the same.
 

Is that correct, for those who know?

 

I'm guessing it's true.  The Packers still use Ripon pants and jerseys.  My question is What stopped Tampa from using the old pants?  That original version of pewter was the only good one they've ever had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.