Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MDGP said:

I think it's pretty simple actually. They all saw how popular the Seahawks and Oregon uniforms were and they wanted in on that "edgy" design action.

It's why I'm glad the Eagles held off on giving Chip Kelly "his" kind of uniforms. Midnight Green might not be a good color (but I like it), but at least the template is simple, the font isn't that goofy, and the pants have stripes. Imagine them winning it all in this:

Voila_Capture-2014-03-05_06-00-44_PM.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yuck.

4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Honestly not a terrible look. Lighten the grey and swap out the kelly for midnight and that'd look great. It may be a bit garish for the Eagles, but it's not too out there by Nike's standards. That'd place among Nike's best redesigns.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

30 minutes ago, DejaEntendu said:

The Orange alternates look decent, but I’d rather have the true creamsicles, at this point, and they wouldn’t go with two orange options. I’d really love to see the white creamsicles return, too.

My thoughts to a "T".  They know the throwbacks will sell, once used again (as soon as 2021 if rumors are true).  I too kinda hope for white throwbacks this time around, since we've seen the creamsicle orange ones already.

For visibility, i would avoid the 1976 whites (orange numbers outlined in red) and go for the 1977-96 (red numbers lined in orange).  Not sure what pants color i would prefer.

1992_TampaBay.png

Just read a USA Today article saying the Bucs missed an opportunity to sell a lot of Creamsicle Brady jerseys.  But the Bucs have never stopped making Creamsicle jerseys for sale.  They were even making Jameis Winston Creamsicles.  Is there any new rule saying that there can’t be new creamsicle fashion jerseys?

6 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

Just read a USA Today article saying the Bucs missed an opportunity to sell a lot of Creamsicle Brady jerseys.  But the Bucs have never stopped making Creamsicle jerseys for sale.  They were even making Jameis Winston Creamsicles.  Is there any new rule saying that there can’t be new creamsicle fashion jerseys?

Exactly, and they’ll sell even more next year when/if they’re reinstated.

25 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

No.  But fashion jerseys don't sell as well as authentics, which is why teams insist on having alternate on-field jerseys.

So how come Nike doesn’t seem to have any problems making shiny pants in every other color but pewter? Does anyone know if they changed the pewter on the helmet at all? It looks different in some pics.

56 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

So how come Nike doesn’t seem to have any problems making shiny pants in every other color but pewter? Does anyone know if they changed the pewter on the helmet at all? It looks different in some pics.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the shiny pants teams like the Cowboys and Raiders wear under Nike are actually from the Ripon template, so it’s not quite the same.

Is that correct, for those who know?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It's why I'm glad the Eagles held off on giving Chip Kelly "his" kind of uniforms. Midnight Green might not be a good color (but I like it), but at least the template is simple, the font isn't that goofy, and the pants have stripes. Imagine them winning it all in this:

Yuck.

But that green is about 400 percent better than their current shade.😝

36 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the shiny pants teams like the Cowboys and Raiders wear under Nike are actually from the Ripon template, so it’s not quite the same.

Is that correct, for those who know?

I'm guessing it's true.  The Packers still use Ripon pants and jerseys.  My question is What stopped Tampa from using the old pants?  That original version of pewter was the only good one they've ever had.

Archived