Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I think since orange blends into red the white jersey pic looks thinner.

No cause I have an old Keyshawn Johnson jersey and the black outline is twice as thick as the orange one. I just wonder if there was a time period that Reebok changed the thickness?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

No cause I have an old Keyshawn Johnson jersey and the black outline is twice as thick as the orange one. I just wonder if there was a time period that Reebok changed the thickness?

Only during the 2002 season, which  was the first year of the league-wide Reebok deal and, coincidentally, the season Tampa won the Super Bowl--and, not only that, some genius also had the bright idea to switch Tampa's number font for that one season. It still kinda pisses me off to this day watching my used-to-be team having the season of their lives, winning the big prize--in the wrong number font. (See sometimes Tampa can't even win for losing...smh.)

Compare: pre-2002 and '03-'12...

usatsi_11939000.jpg

Lynch1050.jpg?75102

...to their 2002 Super Bowl season anomaly.

1391121.0.jpg

john-lynch-tampa-bay-buccaneers-bucs.png

gettyimages-1759007-612x612.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The 2002 7 is an improvement.  The 4 is a push.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 5/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, henburg said:

The new helmet is a good compromise between the two approaches for sure, but I loved the huge helmet logo for them since it removed the issue with the height of the sword pushing the flag up near the crown of the helmet.

1195274371.jpg.0.jpg

Barber-Ronde-ball-captain.jpg

I’m too distracted by Jameis throwing an INT to really notice the difference in helmet logos.

9 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

I’m too distracted by Jameis throwing an INT to really notice the difference in helmet logos.

It’s a good thing he’s already used to throwing to Saints players

• 3 weeks later...

First Look: Tom Brady in a Tampa Bay Bucs Uniform, For Real

June 16, 2020 - 17:14 PM

Attention folks, these are not Photoshopped. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers today released real photos of the real Tom Brady in his real Tampa Bay Buccaneers uniform. Not only is it our first actual look at Tom in an NFL uniform […]

Read More...

37 minutes ago, See Red said:

I don't hate the Pewter jersey as much as I initially did but I'd prefer it be worn with white pants.

This is Unitas in a Chargers jersey weird. Namath as a Ram weird. OJ with the Niners weird. Emmett with the Cardinals weird. 

The hell is with the topic title?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Overall the unis look good.

His pads look bigger than normal. 

The smaller helmet logo looks fantastic. 

Logo still way too big. Probably shrink by 30% and they'd be good.

Pewter set is fine but they should have gone rwr on the sleeve stripe.

Archived