Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bluefalcon said:

Because at the end of the day the owners only care about fans when their wallets are being threatened. Many owners think it's fine to change unis every 5 years or so to force the fans to shell out more of their hard-earned money that goes straight into a billionaire's pocket. And they only change back to the original uniforms and claim they "listened to the fans" when it becomes apparent that their newfangled uniforms are HATED and are not flying off the shelves (like the Bucs and Browns)...because owners have yet to understand that fans are actually thinking human beings and can tell when they're being taken for a ride. Looks like Arthur Blank has yet to realize that, but probably will by 2025 when fans have been clamoring for 5 years for a return to their old unis...that's my prediction for 2025, and I'll add the Rams to that too.

But here's the thing: Do you think owners would change uniforms so often if doing so didn't actually succeed in generating new business? 

Owners don't look at uniforms the way we do. There's nothing sacred in the name of commerce. The second Tom Brady retires and the Buccaneers return to their status as a moribund franchise, owners will once again tinker with the uniform as a way to drum up excitement for the brand. (I could be wrong, and maybe the Bucs will join the likes of the Raiders, Packers, Bears, Canadiens and Yankees in the ranks of the mostly untouchables. But I doubt it.)

It's true that, especially lately, fan reaction may have some influence on these decisions. The return to BiG for the Brewers and brown to the Padres, plus the return to classic looks for the Bucs and Browns, could be considered evidence of that. But I'd be hesitant to assume these looks are here to stay. The Rams' new unis, which is heavily influenced by current fashion trends, seem as if they were released with a short shelf life. 

55 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I was referring to the "almost was" category that @mmajeski06 referenced in the prior post. I didn't mean the actual AFC division. I should've been more clear. :)

What are you trying to say? They are different divisions, so they weren’t competing for the same division. Unless you meant conference which ok sure but that’s half the teams and not that special.

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

What are you trying to say? They are different divisions, so they weren’t competing for the same division. Unless you meant conference which ok sure but that’s half the teams and not that special.

I wasn't speaking at all about sports conferences. The post I quoted made note of teams that "almost were" champions. So they changed uniforms then came just short of a title. It was a play on words. I referred to them being in the "almost were division" of teams that changed uniforms ahead of a major achievement. 

5 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Lets reel it back in and try to keep this on topic please.

Nothing new has been released, how do you keep it on topic when there is nothing to talk about that hasn’t already been beat to death. Let topics go where they go like they always have.

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

From the mothership.

spacer.png

They changed the jerseys in 2008, then quietly updated the logo to match a few years later. That wasn't a rebrand that happened to align with Dwight leaving, if anything it aligned with his prime years starting and the Finals run.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

They changed the jerseys in 2008, then quietly updated the logo to match a few years later. That wasn't a rebrand that happened to align with Dwight leaving, if anything it aligned with his prime years starting and the Finals run.

Okay, fair point. My mistake.

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

Lets reel it back in and try to keep this on topic please.

How about this then, since the Bucs don't use silver on the jerseys, do you think they should get rid of it from the logos and branding?

• 4 weeks later...

Torch Creative Rebrands The Tampa Bay Buccaneers

September 4, 2020 - 19:07 PM

Earlier this year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers unveiled new uniforms that harken back to their win in Super Bowl XXXVII, as well as a brand new pewter alternate. And though that resonated with a large portion of the fanbase – as well as NFL fans as a whole – it

Read More...

58 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Torch Creative Rebrands The Tampa Bay Buccaneers

September 4, 2020 - 19:07 PM

Earlier this year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers unveiled new uniforms that harken back to their win in Super Bowl XXXVII, as well as a brand new pewter alternate. And though that resonated with a large portion of the fanbase – as well as NFL fans as a whole – it

Read More...

111-750x488.png

Well now that's just obvious and great.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Not the first to blend Bucco and a skull, but easily among the best.

EeL2RxjXoAAaFu7.jpeg

The biggest problem with the logo, now that I've been looking at it, is too much red.   Plume or scarf, one of those should be orange.

I don't argue with you, but then do you get multiple outlines to deal with the orange keyline? Might it be easier if the hat were orange, because I think you would get better balance if BOTH the plume and scarf were orange.

It's where I sit.

You might be right about both. 

I’m not sure how you’d work it to avoid too many outlines, but I’m sure there’s a way.  We already have two outlines around the dagger, I think it could be made to work.  Probably by giving red shadows to the orange scarf and plume and using those to separate them from the “background” of the orange keyline. 

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

I’m not sure how you’d work it to avoid too many outlines, but I’m sure there’s a way.  We already have two outlines around the dagger, I think it could be made to work.  Probably by giving red shadows to the orange scarf and plume and using those to separate them from the “background” of the orange keyline. 

I asked on Twitter 🙂

We'll see if there's an answer

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It might be as simple as turning those shapes that make up the highlights on the hat and the dagger’s handle from white to orange (and maybe making the one on the crown of the hat a little more substantial). That would bring more focus into the face, too.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived