Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

9 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

So I was just watching the Titans Pats game on CBS and during halftime when the CBS halftime report graphic came up with scrolling all 32 team logos, the Bucs logo looked like the old Bucco Bruce but the colors were darker red and orange.

I know it was current logos because I saw the current Seahawks and Dolphins were scrolling so it wasn’t throwbacks.

Im streaming the game at a friends house and couldn’t snap a pic.  Maybe someone else can keep an eye out.

I think I may have seen the Bucs potential new logo

There’s also a retro pat the patriot, with current logos for both teams. It’s just the regular throwback logo.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I think they have to mix the creamsicle and pewter eras and more or less ditch the red. Maybe keep it as an accent color but I think pewter helmet creamsicle jersey white pants could look good.

There's no reason to ditch the red.

The flag is red for a reason. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I think they have to mix the creamsicle and pewter eras and more or less ditch the red. Maybe keep it as an accent color but I think pewter helmet creamsicle jersey white pants could look good.

So eliminate the one color that was used in both schemes? One being the primary color. No thanks

14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

There's no reason to ditch the red.

The flag is red for a reason. 

The Bucs Flag is deepest red
It could not prevent a staph spread
And ere their skin grew boils, not gold
Nor pewter, but brown dyed the pants  fold

Then raise the scarlet standard high
By Jameis’ throws we’ll live and die 
Though cowards flinch and opponents sneer 
We’ll eat a W winning here

With heads covered swear we all
To wear it onward till we fall
With helmets dark and orange trim
This song shall be our parting hymn

07Giants.pngnyy.png

15 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The Bucs Flag is deepest red
It could not prevent a staph spread
And ere their skin grew boils, not gold
Nor pewter, but brown dyed the pants  fold

With heads covered swear we all
To wear it onward till we fall
With helmets dark and orange trim
This song shall be our parting hymn

Alas, the red fits nicely there

Lest we forget the glass half full with air

The flag of red perfectly sticks

As Jameis throws 30 more picks

ClAFLDa.png

I forget, does the NFL now allow both and alternate AND a color rush?  Because I was thinking, while I dig the idea of an orange jersey being worn with pewter helmet and pants, the Bucs could do a one-time all-pewter “cannonball” theme for Color Rush.

That is if Nike can figure out how to do metallic fabrics.

1 hour ago, unimaniac said:

I forget, does the NFL now allow both and alternate AND a color rush?  Because I was thinking, while I dig the idea of an orange jersey being worn with pewter helmet and pants, the Bucs could do a one-time all-pewter “cannonball” theme for Color Rush.

That is if Nike can figure out how to do metallic fabrics.

Yes. The rule has kind of a complicated history though too.

Not counting 1994 and Thanksgiving games, the NFL has allowed teams to have an alternate Third Jersey since 2002, which can be either a Throwback, or a Recolor of the Primary Jersey. They only allowed it to be worn once a season. One year later in 2003, it was changed to twice a season being permitted. Later, we come to 2015, with the introduction of Color Rush on TNF. It has no affect on the standard way of things, being restricted to Thursdays. Later, in 2018, the NFL announced they were doing away with mandatory Color Rush, and allowing teams to add then=m to their regular Uniform Rotation if they so desired. That brought up the amount of Jerseys per team up to four. And then, in 2019, when the Bears unveiled their 100th Throwback, they asked the NFL if they could have it, without replacing their Orange Alt. The NFL said yes, while also announcing that they were going to all all teams to have a Throwback and Standard Alternate at the same time. So now we are at five Jerseys, and the Alternates (Recolors, Throwbacks, Color Rush) can only be worn to a maximum of three times per season.

da0Lbhs.png

40 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Yes. The rule has kind of a complicated history though too.

Not counting 1994 and Thanksgiving games, the NFL has allowed teams to have an alternate Third Jersey since 2002, which can be either a Throwback, or a Recolor of the Primary Jersey. They only allowed it to be worn once a season. One year later in 2003, it was changed to twice a season being permitted. Later, we come to 2015, with the introduction of Color Rush on TNF. It has no affect on the standard way of things, being restricted to Thursdays. Later, in 2018, the NFL announced they were doing away with mandatory Color Rush, and allowing teams to add then=m to their regular Uniform Rotation if they so desired. That brought up the amount of Jerseys per team up to four. And then, in 2019, when the Bears unveiled their 100th Throwback, they asked the NFL if they could have it, without replacing their Orange Alt. The NFL said yes, while also announcing that they were going to all all teams to have a Throwback and Standard Alternate at the same time. So now we are at five Jerseys, and the Alternates (Recolors, Throwbacks, Color Rush) can only be worn to a maximum of three times per season.

Thanks for the clarification!  Five jerseys seems a bit overkill to me, but I’d be happy with two alternate games, with a different jersey being worn each time.

5 hours ago, unimaniac said:

Thanks for the clarification!  Five jerseys seems a bit overkill to me, but I’d be happy with two alternate games, with a different jersey being worn each time.

If it isn't your best look, why wear it?

[broken record]

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Wait... I can think of quite a few teams with four jerseys (which is already ridiculous) but I can't think of any with five, off the top of my head.  Who am I forgetting?

No team has five, from what I can think of, but they can have five. 
Can we just go back to 2003-2014, with Three Jerseys, and the Alt is only worn twice? The current state of uniforms is crazy, and the 2002 rule of only wearing an Alt once is a little small. Twice is plenty.

da0Lbhs.png

3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

No team has five, from what I can think of, but they can have five. 
Can we just go back to 2003-2014, with Three Jerseys, and the Alt is only worn twice? The current state of uniforms is crazy, and the 2002 rule of only wearing an Alt once is a little small. Twice is plenty.

If no team has five why do you think that they can have five? It's primary home, primary road, color rush, and pre-cr alt, which could be either a recolor or throwback.  Are you just saying theoritically, or has the league said five is okay officially?

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If no team has five why do you think that they can have five? It's primary home, primary road, color rush, and pre-cr alt, which could be either a recolor or throwback.  Are you just saying theoritically, or has the league said five is okay officially?

I’m just saying theoretically, since the League said that teams can have a Standard Alt and a Throwback, when the Bears brought back the Orange Jersey in 2018.

da0Lbhs.png

4 hours ago, simtek34 said:

I’m just saying theoretically, since the League said that teams can have a Standard Alt and a Throwback, when the Bears brought back the Orange Jersey in 2018.

Wouldn’t the league also expect one of those to serve as the “Color Rush” by default if the team chooses to have one? Like, maybe pair one of those jerseys with pants of the same color. 

Is there a significant reason why Tampa Bay doesn't just go back to the creamsicle and white? Every Bucs fan I've ever known loves the creamsicle uniforms and hate the new ones. It just seems to me that public demand wants them back. 

Public demand did get the Rams their throwbacks as primary, Atlanta their red jerseys, San Fran their current "classic" look, the Bills to change their uniforms from the 2002 change, the Jags to add more teal in their uniforms, and the Broncos to wear orange jerseys. Seems to me that public demand wants Tampa Bay to go back to their original colors.

Archived