Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

was trying to think about how you keep a pewter helm, but still have the creamsicle kinda work

this was a very rough, slapped together idea, (I don't have the time to make a polished version) but what if they went the Navy helmet route
and had a white portion at the bottom of the helmet with a stipe (I'm sure if they did this it would be scabbard shaped)

that way the pewter helmet isnt just sitting on top of the creamsicle uniform looking like Wednesday Adams at summer camp.
You can change out the facemask to be black/pewter or otherwise for the home red uniform..
Yu1Fhaa.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Is it possible that the sail is so weather beaten that the materials are transparent and that is what makes the mast visible?

The top sail on the rear mast is in front of the mast so the other 2 should be also. It looks really awkward, its once of those things where when you see it you cant unsee it. 

The one on the Left is the current, the one on the right is corrected and so much more aesthetically pleasing. 

tfVjzOu.png

29 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Is it possible that the sail is so weather beaten that the materials are transparent and that is what makes the mast visible?

It's hard to sail if the cloth is in bad shape. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The way I see it, the Bucs nailed themselves the first go around. Red/orange/white is a perfectly Floridian color scheme, and Bucco Bruce is a great logo that, to me at least, is more timeless then a generic pirate flag. It captures the essence of the Errol Flynn, Jean Lafitte-styled pirate motif that has become far and away the most popular and enduring vision of pirates in popular culture; the designers of the look even said as much in their official statement.

And it's very evocative, which is key to a sports brand. There's a reason those uniforms and Bucco Bruce have endured as popular despite the team's poor record in them; they're iconic. Just like the Expos' "elb", the look itself is iconic in spite of the team's poor record in them;

spacer.png

That looks gorgeous, to me; it's bright and vibrant, looks perfectly Floridian and more then anything it's unique. Predominantly-red uniforms aren't exclusively Bucs; you have the Cardinals, the 49ers, the Chiefs all using predominantly-red dark jerseys as well. This is 100% Buccaneers, nobody else in the NFL has uniforms like this in terms of a primary color scheme.

And if Nike clearly cannot get pewter right, I'd rather the team just ditch pewter altogether and go to a look that Nike can get right. Plus it's not like the Bucs now are much better then the Bucs when Bucco Bruce was their main uniforms; the pewter is just as associated with losing and sub-.500 seasons as the Bucco uniforms were at this point. 😛 

As for the Super Bowl...the Bucs haven't even won a playoff game since winning that Super Bowl, having made all of two Wild Card Round appearances and getting beaten both times by the Redskins in 2005 and the Giants in 2007, a team that set records for being the worst team to ever reach a Super Bowl before they one-upped themselves in 2011.

The Bucs are 12 straight seasons, going on 13 depending on how next season turns out, without making the playoffs in the current colors; the Bruce Bucs went 14 seasons between the '82 Wild Card appearance and the rebrand. They're literally 3 seasons, potentially 2, from matching the Bruce Bucs in terms of playoff futility, and one Super Bowl win nearly 2 decades ago shouldn't really be a reason to hold onto a uniform that is universally associated with Jameis Winston's turnover factory and incredible levels of ineptitude on the football field.

15 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

Red helmet with the skull and swords, boom!

The one on the left uses their non-metallic chrome (and no pewter) while the one on the right uses their non-metallic pewter (and no black) and has the skull and sword highlights removed.

KtKQrh4.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Non-metallic chrome? Isn't that... grey?

Yes, pretty much. I was using the colors and descriptions from TruColor.

wJ53zit.png

Probably the best case scenario for those who want to keep the pewter.

Wa9bbI2.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

48 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Has anyone done a mock up of their regular set but in creamsicle?

spacer.png

Flip the red and orange

Would pewter and orange clash too much?

I feel like the only way orange and pewter could work if the orange shade is a little darker, but even then it brings the color too close to red so its a fine line to walk.

46 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Has anyone done a mock up of their regular set but in creamsicle?

spacer.png

Flip the red and orange

Would pewter and orange clash too much?

We already know what Orange and brown looks like.😂

But really they need to minimize the pewter in the uniform if they can't get shade/gloss right, and I hate that.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

16 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

It worked just fine until they tweaked that logo to death and blew it up three times the regular size. In fact, the original flag fit onto a helmet damn near perfectly. 

I guess I see it as a logo (skull, swords, football) put on a flag. So put that logo (sans flag) on helmet, shirts, caps, etc.

Would one put the logo with flag, on a flag? That would be weird, right? But my mind sees things weird sometimes. 

22 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I guess I see it as a logo (skull, swords, football) put on a flag. So put that logo (sans flag) on helmet, shirts, caps, etc.

Would one put the logo with flag, on a flag? That would be weird, right? But my mind sees things weird sometimes. 

You mean like this?

ff_2085120alt1_full.jpg&w=325

I think the flag is part of the logo, because you need the sword to go with it as well. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived