Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

59 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Ok. Back to Bucs uni talk and how they're inevitably going to screw it up.

film vs GIF

All pewter jerseys, no stripes, keep the alarm clock font but w/out any outlines, red numbers, bright orange chrome helmets, still massive flag, red, pewter, and orange pants options, color rush is pewter.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what I’m getting from this thread is that half the people want a return to the super bowl set, and half want a more modern orange look with a white helmet set. Almost nobody wants a mix of the too. So guess what I think Nike’s gonna do.

Excellent!

On 2/14/2020 at 3:47 PM, leopard88 said:

I'm a Food Lion MVP.  Where does that fit in?

The ultra section of FC Cincinnati.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

6 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

Seeing this helmet is like that ex-girlfriend who brutally dumped you.  You tell yourself you didn’t like her that much anyways, then you bump into her at the grocery store and think, “damn...I miss that...won’t you please come back?”

On 2/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, hawk36 said:

I guess I see it as a logo (skull, swords, football) put on a flag. So put that logo (sans flag) on helmet, shirts, caps, etc.

Would one put the logo with flag, on a flag? That would be weird, right? But my mind sees things weird sometimes. 

FWIW, at the team's facility they fly tattered flags with just the skull and crossed swords on it, no flag on flag.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 2/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, wyopokes2 said:

Not trying to turn this into the concept page but here's a few other tweeks. Personally like the top left

spacer.png

Hmmmmm ok, I can get down with the top left one. Red as an accent color, and go to light gray/pewter. Change the hideous number font and that uni is not too shabby.

11 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Seeing this helmet is like that ex-girlfriend who brutally dumped you.  You tell yourself you didn’t like her that much anyways, then you bump into her at the grocery store and think, “damn...I miss that...won’t you please come back?”

But after a few short weeks you know you'll be missing your other girl (pewter).  The real problem is society's insistence on monogomy (NFL's one helmet rule).

11 hours ago, WavePunter said:

It's tough to tell what color that facemask is.. kinda seems like red, but should be creamsicle.. honestly looks like straight up orange, although that wouldn't make much sense

It was always orange, didn’t exactly match the jerseys on those mini replicas.  This photo was accurate.

maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Hmmmmm ok, I can get down with the top left one. Red as an accent color, and go to light gray/pewter. Change the hideous number font and that uni is not too shabby.

Bottom right.  They are all an improvement (especially if you change the number font) but the darkness of the pewter on the pants is a rugged and attractive look in my opinion.  Pewter and orange has such a nice contrast to it.  The others are simply light silver, which doesn't say Buccaneers to me in the same way

1 hour ago, DavidDunn21 said:

Bottom right.  They are all an improvement (especially if you change the number font) but the darkness of the pewter on the pants is a rugged and attractive look in my opinion.  Pewter and orange has such a nice contrast to it.  The others are simply light silver, which doesn't say Buccaneers to me in the same way

Tampa would also be the only team using both those colors

3 hours ago, DavidDunn21 said:

Never been to Tampa but why the use of pewter? In my mind's eye red and orange seem perfectly suitable for the area but the pewter seems out of place. I'd think a tropical green would have more to do with the area/plants/water, than pewter.

To me the best identities/colors are the ones that have the closest connection to their cities. Gives them a local rather than universal look. 

33 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Never been to Tampa but why the use of pewter? In my mind's eye red and orange seem perfectly suitable for the area but the pewter seems out of place. I'd think a tropical green would have more to do with the area/plants/water, than pewter.

To me the best identities/colors are the ones that have the closest connection to their cities. Gives them a local rather than universal look. 

I can’t recall if I read this from something one of the designers said or if it was someone’s observation, so I’m not going to say this is definitively why, but I recall something about pewter associating with cannonballs more so than anything Tampa related.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

31 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

The pewter is more a representation of Buccaneers/Pirates than the area. The color of the cannons and cannon balls

I think switching to a white helmet helps a lot - that way you can keep the modern pirate theme, while also having the ability to wear proper throwbacks twice a year. You get the best of both worlds on the field, and the additional merchandise sales off. 

Archived