Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe I am in the minority here, but I think all they need to do is tweak their set a bit. I love the oversized helmet flag, just the chrome has to go, it should be all pewter. A better number font for them, and they should wear better combos (red-pewter home, white-pewter or white-white) away exclusively. And they shouldn’t even bother with a color rush. Just my 2 cents here.

i love the creamsicle look but I can’t imagine the logo modernized and looking good.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

23 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

i love the creamsicle look but I can’t imagine the logo modernized and looking good.

spacer.png

This is the perfect update to Bucco Bruce, IMO, and a brilliant logo for the Bucs. Way cooler then a basic flag logo. The Bucs should capture the iconicity of the pirate motif in their actual logo; people think "pirate" and see something like this.

Just now, Chromatic said:

I love the flag logo honestly. I think its well balanced, has the perfect amount of detail for a sports logo, looks good on most applications, etc. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a rendition of it with an updated creamsicle colour scheme/uniforms.

I think the flag would make an excellent secondary, yeah. Bucco Bruce primary/Super Bowl-era flag secondary both in the creamsicle colors would be my ideal Bucs logo package.

1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

I’m very intrigued by the orange and pewter look in the bottom right corner...

Seconded.

For all of the (likely) outgoing Bucs set’s flaws, IMO they got the shades of Red and Orange right.

I’d still neutralize and/or darken the Pewter a little more, but even it doesn’t look bad on the jerseys when paired with the Creamsicle orange.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

14 hours ago, TBGKon said:

It was always orange, didn’t exactly match the jerseys on those mini replicas.  This photo was accurate.

maxresdefault.jpg

In that photo, the facemask is creamsicle.. and it's slightly lighter than the center helmet stripe (also supposed to be creamsicle).. It was never orange... Always creamsicle.. however, in the helmet posted previously, the facemask was nearly as dark as the red stripes.. More of a Broncos or Bengals orange..

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

This is the perfect update to Bucco Bruce, IMO, and a brilliant logo for the Bucs. Way cooler then a basic flag logo. The Bucs should capture the iconicity of the pirate motif in their actual logo; people think "pirate" and see something like this.

Why he's got testicles on his chin?

4r2eer.png

39 minutes ago, BucsBoy02 said:

I would love to see orange become the primary color again. Maybe something like this, pretty much a recolored 07-13 set.  

M0zviaX.png

Lovely, but the oversized flag on the helmet still needs to go.  Either go back to the smaller version or just use the skull by itself.  

1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

Lovely, but the oversized flag on the helmet still needs to go.  Either go back to the smaller version or just use the skull by itself.  

Or we can use Bucco Bruce as the primary and have that on the helmets. 😛 That is what a stereotypical pirate/buccaneer looks like, after all.

7 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Why don't you have testicles on your chin? 😜

2 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

I would love to see orange become the primary color again. Maybe something like this, pretty much a recolored 07-13 set.  

M0zviaX.png

I would like to see them move in this type of direction, although I think the creamsicle flag is both unattractive and unnecessary.. I know it's a popular idea that the helmet and pants need to be more creamsicle-heavy, but I disagree.. like the Broncos, Falcons, Ravens, and a few others, you can both have a helmet color that doesn't match the jersey color AND a logo that doesn't primarily feature the jersey color much.. 

34 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I would like to see them move in this type of direction, although I think the creamsicle flag is both unattractive and unnecessary.. I know it's a popular idea that the helmet and pants need to be more creamsicle-heavy, but I disagree.. like the Broncos, Falcons, Ravens, and a few others, you can both have a helmet color that doesn't match the jersey color AND a logo that doesn't primarily feature the jersey color much.. 

could not disagree more with this statement I have hardly ever seen a uniform look good when nothing from the helmets match the jersey... one exception I can think of is Giants away it should not look good but for some reason I like it...

3 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

M0zviaX.png

I like this a lot, but I’d still try to work in some more red. Maybe a solid red outline on the numbers?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I can’t place why, but for some reason the flag never looks quite right in orange/creamsicle to me. It’s as if it loses something when it’s a brighter color, and I’m not sure what.

Also worth noting is that any logo wouldn’t have to be predominantly creamsicle to work with a creamsicle return; Bucco Bruce as a whole logo is more red than creamsicle, and I think that was actually a big strength as it contrasted well with the rest of the uniform and balanced the whole thing very nicely. If any logo they choose to go with has a red-first/creamsicle-second color balance, I think it’d work just fine with a creamsicle uniform set.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 minutes ago, Volt said:

Can someone look up & post pantone swatches for Tennessee Volunteer Orange vs Tampa Bay Creamsicle Orange?

Asking for reasons but may not matter if they are not close/same.

i see that both UT and TB are using PMS 151 orange.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

12 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

it's pretty good. Whoever drew this is talented and probably very very handsome. 

(I prefer the updated, simplified version)

spacer.png 

9 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I don't see it. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm willing to wager they'll use a white helmet so they have the the ability to wear creamsicle throwbacks, which is another unintended consequence of the silly one helmet rule. I'd prefer pewter (with a black facemask!), but I could live with white if done right. Big if. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived