Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I take comfort in knowing that these boards are actually collectively coming up with these new uniforms, not because the ideas are bad, but because none of us can agree on anything

That's where you're wrong.

;)

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

11 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

The AFC runner up was Houston. I wish both Houston and TB would have won. Could you imagine a Bucs vs Oilers Super Bowl in 79? It would have been the most beautiful Super Bowl ever played.

Problem is, with the Oilers the XIV home team, they'd be in powder blue and the Bucs would be in all white. 

Opportunity missed. 

10 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

The AFC runner up was Houston. I wish both Houston and TB would have won. Could you imagine a Bucs vs Oilers Super Bowl in 79? It would have been the most beautiful Super Bowl ever played.

That would've been amazing. I'm still pissed at Bud Adams for moving the Oilers to Tennessee and depriving us of one of the most gorgeous, if not THE most gorgous uniforms in sports history.

I'm also pissed at the entire Adams family for not releasing the Oilers name and colors to the Texans. It was weird and embarrassing to see Warren Moon honored in Tennessee and wearing a Titans jersey when he never played in/for either.

As for the Buccaneers, I'm 100% for the creamsicle/bucco bruce uniforms. They were ahead of their time and they scream "Florida team". Anything other than going back to them would be a huge mistake. Brown and red (let's face it folks pewter is essentially brown) is ugly, boring, and bland.

Orange jerseys 😀

Orange pants 😦

The old Bucs and all Dolphins Incarnations look best in their white jerseys when paired with white pants. 

it seems a certainty to me that the uniform will lean heavily into the red and pewter branding but it will utilize a white helmet so they can do the throwbacks.  It’s the way things are in sports now.  It’s why the Dolphins will probably never do what 90% of the fans actually want with their uniforms. Designers and marketers place value on things that fans don’t.  

Archived