Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

I disagree on both counts. 

First, the skull and swords alone don't really invoke Bruce, so I don't see it as a compromise. 
Secondly, I don't think the flag clutters it up at all. The flag is a necessary part of the logo. It's a jolly roger. It doesn't work without the flag. 

That’s fine but I obviously disagree. The logo on a flag being the logo is clutter. The logo on an actual flag is great. Very important difference. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Here you go -- 

6P6q8bS.png

6kMg4PP.png

I'd really would enjoy if the Bucs went with this. A little combination of everything ( past and present ) and you got gold. Now, If they can do the same with the uniforms ( a combination of past and present ) then they may have something. Care to take that challenge ?

4kv29i.jpg

On 2/27/2020 at 5:53 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think it's like Paul McCartney's description of playing Nowhere Man live. You could do it, but it was hard. 

This is the Bucs. I assume the result will be like this:

Not Peter Frampton or the Bee Gees' proudest moment. Thanks, Stigwood (it's still better than Across the Universe).

5 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I'm actually working on a concept for the Bucs right now with the same idea -- I wanted to darken the pewter to remove the black. My line of thinking was to completely remove black/silver from the equation. Let the Raiders own that color scheme, especially with the Bucs having a similar identity.

I like to tinker with logos before making a concept to establish the color palette I intend to use, and this is what I had come up with. I think it looks great!

sbYOPdM.png

TestyGrayGonolek-max-1mb.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Good work, good sir!

Eh, saying the Bucs need to remove swords from their logo because the Raiders already have it in theirs is like saying the Giants need to remove the letters from their logo because the Packers already use a letter in their logo or the Panthers need to remove the teeth from their logo because the Jaguars already use teeth in their logo.

Not exactly necessary.

3 hours ago, mcrosby said:

This is a perfect opportunity to switch the swords under the skull for crossbones. Raiders already have crossed swords, and the TB logo already has a sword. 

b2259b62945691.5aa095a083053.png

Yep, I think we’re done here.  Tampa Bay, give @mcrosby a call and wrap this project up by 11:30 am Monday morning!

4 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

I prefer the flag as well, but I think it would be too cluttered with everything on there.

I disagree. I think the flag is basically just the backdrop for the rest of the logo, it wouldn’t be any more cluttered than the Raiders with the shield.

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Eh, saying the Bucs need to remove swords from their logo because the Raiders already have it in theirs is like saying the Giants need to remove the letters from their logo because the Packers already use a letter in their logo or the Panthers need to remove the teeth from their logo because the Jaguars already use teeth in their logo.

Not exactly necessary.

Not necessary, but I don't think it equates to the NY/GB example you gave or the Panther/Jaguar example.

We've got two teams in the league with a pirate theme. Both have a head in front of/above two swords. On top of that the Bucs already have a sword in their logo. It's not an issue of city initials or anatomy of the represented mascot. The swords are an accessory for both Bucs and Raiders. There is plenty of pirate imagery that isn't crossed swords. 

17 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

Not necessary, but I don't think it equates to the NY/GB example you gave or the Panther/Jaguar example.

We've got two teams in the league with a pirate theme. Both have a head in front of/above two swords. On top of that the Bucs already have a sword in their logo. It's not an issue of city initials or anatomy of the represented mascot. The swords are an accessory for both Bucs and Raiders. There is plenty of pirate imagery that isn't crossed swords. 

There’s plenty of big cat imagery that doesn’t depict teeth being shown yet here we are

29 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

There’s plenty of big cat imagery that doesn’t depict teeth being shown yet here we are

26 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Show me some?

23 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Don't be pedantic. Big cat imagery in athletics generally has teeth. Again, teeth are not an accessory, they are a part of the mascot. 

22 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

Don't be pedantic. Big cat imagery in athletics generally has teeth. Again, teeth are not an accessory, they are a part of the mascot. 

Ah silly me for not appropriately proving a point.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, the Falcons should be celebrated for being the only bird related NFL team to currently use a logo that isn’t just a head, but hey I guess they should remove the wing and talon, right?

8 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Ah silly me for not appropriately proving a point.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, the Falcons should be celebrated for being the only bird related NFL team to currently use a logo that isn’t just a head, but hey I guess they should remove the wing and talon, right?

Two does not equal plenty.

It's where I sit.

9 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Archived