Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These seem slightly worse than just going back to exactly the Super Bowl-era uniforms, which shouldn't be surprising. Nike always finds a way to disappoint, even when the task is so simple. Should probably expect the Browns to slightly mess things up, too. 

2 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

These seem slightly worse than just going back to exactly the Super Bowl-era uniforms, which shouldn't be surprising. Nike always finds a way to disappoint, even when the task is so simple. Should probably expect the Browns to slightly mess things up, too. 

They will probably remove orange on the Browns uniforms, too.

20 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I wouldn’t have minded to see orange somewhere other than the helmet logo and perhaps pewter represented on the jerseys, but they needed to KISS. They did. These are fine. 

Two more thoughts: 

- Lukas isn’t always the most detail-oriented when it comes to the finer points. Are these really as plain as he’s reported? 
- Did Nike finally find a way to produce a gloss finish with their newest pants design? The answer will make a big difference. 

5 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

blaming Nike is foolish. I’m not sure why people insist on doing this every time there’s an unveiling. Learn how this works. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

blaming Nike is foolish. I’m not sure why people insist on doing this every time there’s an unveiling. Learn how this works. 

It's an easy catch-all to describe this era of NFL uniforms and the similar traits they all share. Would you prefer I directly blame Shandon Melvin for his hand in overseeing the design of them?

The orange definitely needs/needed to be on the jersey and pants somewhere...they could have been great, but a few points deducted for that.  It does seem odd that both the Bucs and Nike somehow decided orange should be nearly eliminated. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Removing Orange would be a giant screw you to the fanbase.  This makes no sense.  I hope Paul is being worked.

Plus, the football in the logo will still be orange, unless that's changed, too...so that'll make no sense at all if that's the only orange in the entire rebrand. 

I'm not buying this.  

That's only an upgrade because of what it's replacing, but if they'd gone from the Super Bowl set to these we'd all be lighting our hair on fire.

They're so close. Just go back to the Super Bowl set. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 minutes ago, Sport said:

That's only an upgrade because of what it's replacing, but if they'd gone from the Super Bowl set to these we'd all be lighting our hair on fire.

They're so close. Just go back to the Super Bowl set. 

For obviou$ rea$on$, that’$ never gonna happen. 

It will still be an upgrade because of what it is replacing, but it’s still so disappointing to hear they’re almost entirely removing the orange. If anything, if they wanted to update the Super Bowl set without going back to it entirely, they should have INCREASED the orange in favor of black. Orange trim on collars and sleeves, maybe do away with the black outlines on numbers and pants stripes or at least change the proportion so the orange was more apparent than black

07Giants.pngnyy.png

36 minutes ago, Volt said:

Removing Orange would be a giant screw you to the fanbase.  This makes no sense.  I hope Paul is being worked.

Plus, the football in the logo will still be orange, unless that's changed, too...so that'll make no sense at all if that's the only orange in the entire rebrand. 

I'm not buying this.  

The first stage is denial.

Am I really gonna have to say this in EVERY thread?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The NFL and Nike continue a long tradition of making something good but with one big flaw.

Miami Dolphins lack of orange

Jaguars two toned helmet

Vikings number font

Bucs number font

Jaguars lack of color on jerseys

Lions word mark on shoulder stripes

The weird sword stuff on the titans

Big browns work mark on paints 

And now no orange on the Bucs 

1 hour ago, sonny said:

Paul isnt my favorite source for uni and identity related news, but IF this is the direction Tampa Bay heads I am fine with it.

Paul also says the Buccaneers wordmark on the jerseys is black (which he says wasnt in the past), but yes Paul they were black in the original pewter era.

7 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Paul isnt my favorite source for uni and identity related news, but IF this is the direction Tampa Bay heads I am fine with it.

Paul also says the Buccaneers wordmark on the jerseys is black (which he says wasnt in the past), but yes Paul they were black in the original pewter era.

Looking at the 2012 uniforms, they were black but they were outlined in white. The way PL is making it sound is they're black w/o the white outline.spacer.png

If the uniforms are anything like the mockup, then these will be drab. The use of orange in the super bowl set was minimal but it was so important to the overall look. It gave the color scheme some life. Without it, the uniforms will look like a weird, muted version of the Falcons...red, black, and brown/gray (we all know the pewter will come in matte form).

The whole "no orange, at least from what I could see" thing has me scratching my head.  How do you get a sneak peak and not know for certain, especially when that's an area of concern for so many of us uni-fanatics?  If true, it never fails that there is one element of a uniform that is added (or omitted) just to drive people like us absolutely insane.  Also, I'm really surprised by the block number font.  I really thought that the days of standard block numbers on uniforms were in the past, and that NFL teams would primarily be using custom fonts (even if there's just a minor deviation from something standard) just for the sake of saying "it's ours". 

Archived