Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

45 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Followed by- Stripped down version of a beloved previous uniform that keeps the last redesign's revamped logos on an otherwise basic uniform that strips away perhaps too much (gold in the Jags' case, orange in the Bucs' case).

7Yu0Kjv.png

35yuOwZ.png

I'm unsure if that's Nike, the league's design team, or an outside agency that was involved in all of this, but I find it hard to believe both teams followed the same trajectory independently of each other. It seems like someone fairly influential in the design process at either Nike or the NFL only has two speeds- insanity or a bit too boring.

I have a theory that the Bucs and Jags will end up pulling a Dolphins and making a small change to their uniforms after the five year window. In this case Jags add gold and Bucs add orange. They want to wait and see what changes they can make. Even if minor.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this change is going to have another similarity to the Jaguars change... we're gonna see people who dislike it try to claim the one it's replacing "wasn't that bad"... which is nonsense. After the Jags' change, we got a bunch of posts about how "except for the two-tone helmet" the old uniform was better.  That's going to happen here with people claiming they only needed to fix the number font.  Ridiculous.  Don't kid yourself... the Jags 2013-2017 and the Bucs 2014-2019 were both garbage for numerous reasons, and boring is always better than butt-ugly.

Serviceable uniform. Inferior to the original replacement for the creamsicle.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Serviceable uniform. Inferior to the original replacement for the creamsicle.  

Serviceable is a perfect word to sum up my feelings of the rendering. Sure, it's better than the soon-to-be previous set. However, being better than what is/was one of the worst sets in the league doesn't necessarily mean it is a great set.

1 minute ago, Claystation360 said:

It would be completely criminal of them to totally nuke the creamsicle when they just re introduced the proper color a few years back and with it being a key part in their history.

Some form of orange has been a part of the Buccaneers' identity since its inception. We are talking about almost 45 years of history (albeit, not great history) with orange being a part of it each year. This is a huge misstep if this turns out to be true.

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Everyone is aware that this is based on a concept style mock up, created by someone who hasn't seen the uniform, based on verbal information provided by someone who had seen it, but wasn't allowed to take a picture, right?  And in describing the uniform, the person who had seen it used the phrase "I think" a lot.

Holy crap, when did I become the voice of reason around here?

I'm not buying it either. It reeks of one of those "Reddit rumors" we hear every offseason.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Add some some type of stripes on the pants and it's perfect

Gold Swooshes on the Jags' unis would've probably been all they needed to have some balance.  Works for the Titans.

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

Gold Swooshes on the Jags' unis would've probably been all they needed to have some balance.  Works for the Titans Nike.

I changed it to what I assume is your actual argument.  That's not balance you're seeing, it's marketing.

7 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

OlajGqv.jpg

Such a creepy lookin dude, his latest thing has been whining about teams/players saying they have a blue collar attitude. How its offensive to blue collar workers and it offends him, Umm you never worked 1 day in your life at a blue collar job either lmao.

Off-topic with respect to uniforms, but I have a Bucs logo question.

Does anyone know when exactly the detailing of the Bucco Bruce logo changed?  And why it's not recognized as an actual logo change?

I remember when the throwbacks were introduced in 2009 and thinking, "his face is different," and then seeing that face in pictures from the 1976 season. I remember trying to research when this happened, but I couldn't find anything at the time.  I know that 1976 is the only year that exact uniform and color scheme existed (except for the throwbacks), so maybe same goes for the logo?

BUCS_LOGO.jpg1041.gif

10 hours ago, Colin_Pernett said:

The NFL and Nike continue a long tradition of making something good but with one big flaw.

Miami Dolphins lack of orange

Jaguars two toned helmet

Vikings number font

Bucs number font

Jaguars lack of color on jerseys

Lions word mark on shoulder stripes

The weird sword stuff on the titans

Big browns work mark on paints 

And now no orange on the Bucs 

Count the steelers not going back to block full time and it convincing the Broncos making the color rush permanent

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

2 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

Count the steelers not going back to block full time and it convincing the Broncos making the color rush permanent

And Nike are the ones who introduced the Broncos Uniforms in 1997, along with the ones who nudged the Steelers to go to the italic, and (while not mentioned) the ones who had the Packers go from 5 to 3 stripes, all in ‘97.

da0Lbhs.png

33 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Such a creepy lookin dude, his latest thing has been whining about teams/players saying they have a blue collar attitude. How its offensive to blue collar workers and it offends him, Umm you never worked 1 day in your life at a blue collar job either lmao.

The Paul Lukas hate has eclipsed Paul Lukas' actual writing in terms of annoyance.

Archived