Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

This! Lukas had the concept made based on his description, which doesn't means he saw every detail, just that it's accurate of what his eyes saw. There very well could be an orange trim that got unnoticed, or was too hard too see for him. 

For real, I would't take any uniform mockups based on another person's memory as gospel. I remember everybody panicking online because somebody who got a sneak peak of the Dolphins (at-one-point) new uniforms was mistaking the number outline as black instead of navy. 

spacer.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Joe switched from 16 to 19 upon going to KC. Maybe Tom will do something similar.

When Joe got to KC 16 was already retired for a Hall of Fame and Super Bowl winning QB in Len Dawson. A little different situation.

8 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

Would look pretty similar to this I'd guess

spacer.png

That's a professional uniform - one that I could see an old vet like Brady wearing.  

7 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I can't see Brady wearing any number other than 12. Considering he legitimately built an entire brand on it (TB12). 

He'll do what he has to to get it. Wouldn't be shocked if it was something that came up in negotiations with him.  

Athletes building brands around their numbers is not only lazy, but ridiculously stupid, since most of them switch teams every few years, which results in either battles over numbers, or switches altogether.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's a professional uniform - one that I could see an old vet like Brady wearing.  

Athletes building brands around their numbers is not only lazy, but ridiculously stupid, since most of them switch teams every few years, which results in either battles over numbers, or switches altogether.

Bonafide classic threads

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I don't have any skin in this game, but I always thought the creamsicles, and Bucco Bruce were a great look, and I would hope that going forward, the new uniforms do include orange. I think it's a part of the Bucs' dna.

I guess I would ask of diehards, and Tampa-area folks this question: Of those who favor the original look, is it the entire look? Is it Bucco?, or is it just the color itself? I'm just curious.

I think a red, pewter, and orange uniform would be just fine, but I would be thrilled as a logo enthusiast to see Bruce back on that uniform somehow, some way. Helmet, sleeve, pants, doesn't matter. They wouldn't have to go full-Donald Igwebuike to tie it all together for me:). Just my humble opinion:)

9 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I can't see Brady wearing any number other than 12. Considering he legitimately built an entire brand on it (TB12). 

He'll do what he has to to get it. Wouldn't be shocked if it was something that came up in negotiations with him.  

I think the brand is strong enough that he could switch back to his college #10 and leave TB12 as-is.  He's only going to play 2, 3 years max...he'll always been known for #12 in New England and his brand won't take a hit because he wears #10 for 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

I think the brand is strong enough that he could switch back to his college #10 and leave TB12 as-is.  He's only going to play 2, 3 years max...he'll always been known for #12 in New England and his brand won't take a hit because he wears #10 for 2 years.

The ability to wear 12 in TB for TB12 is just too good though. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Indeed.

MTg9ggJ.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It’s ok and sensible when you’re Tom Brady and can get whatever number you want. 

As for Joe Montana, I believe Len Dawson gave him permission to wear 16 in KC. Montana chose not to. 

12 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

It’s ok and sensible when you’re Tom Brady and can get whatever number you want. 

As for Joe Montana, I believe Len Dawson gave him permission to wear 16 in KC. Montana chose not to. 

Correct.

19 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Would Seattle let him wear 12?  Buffalo?  Philadelphia (even though it's not technically retired)?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

ETZrAB6XQAQb2Fd?format=jpg&name=large

Blatantly photoshopped, but *shrug*.

Needs orange, otherwise it looks like a potential Falcons alternate. 

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Needs orange, otherwise it looks like a potential Falcons alternate. 

Also needs for the TV numbers to match the actual jersey number.

14 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

I live in Rochester, and the Bills are the "local" team here. Obviously we're talking purely hypothetical, but if Brady had come to Buffalo, there's no way he'd be allowed to wear 12. Jim Kelly is like royalty here - they wouldn't "un-retire" his number for anyone, let alone Brady (who's been a sworn enemy for almost 20 years). Now, Kelly is a stand-up guy, and is gracious enough that he'd probably allow it, but the fans would never stand for it. 

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also needs for the TV numbers to match the actual jersey number.

Well yeah, but I kinda swept that under the rug when I read it was blatantly photoshopped. 

1 minute ago, PJBenterprises said:

I live in Rochester, and the Bills are the "local" team here. Obviously we're talking purely hypothetical, but if Brady had come to Buffalo, there's no way he'd be allowed to wear 12. Jim Kelly is like royalty here - they wouldn't "un-retire" his number for anyone, let alone Brady (who's been a sworn enemy for almost 20 years). Now, Kelly is a stand-up guy, and is gracious enough that he'd probably allow it, but the fans would never stand for it. 

I think that if you even ask someone to unretire their number, then you're a scumbag.  It's the highest honor a team can give someone, and you want to take it away?  That kid in Washington can eat crap for asking Thiesman to wear his number.  Montana did it right, by taking 19 rather than 16 when he went to KC since it was retired for Len Dawson.

Number retirement starts to lose any meaning when it becomes just a temporary thing.  Honestly, what teams may want to consider doing, is rather than 'retiring' the number, taking it out of circulation for 10 years or so.  You're still honoring the guy by ensuring that nobody in the current generation of players will ever wear his numbers, since by 10 years, there should be full turnover.

IIRC, the guy in Denver volunteered his 18 to Manning, right?

Archived