Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

Just now, DouglasQuaid said:

Here's a great concept of the uniform based on the rumors. It doesn't look too bad, but it still needs orange!

spacer.png

So essentially the Falcons and Cardinals. 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I’m crazy, but the Browns thread has me thinking the Buccaneers are another team that could pull off cream/vintage white. Think treasure maps and a pirate in old-timey, weather-beaten clothes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AndrewMLind said:

Maybe it’s just me, but the Browns thread has me thinking the Buccaneers are another team that could pull off cream/vintage white. Think treasure maps and a pirate in old-timey, weather-beaten clothes.

Orange, cream and red actually does sound like it'd look really nice, thinking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this mock-up floating around twitter

 

ETbA2yOWoAIYts4?format=jpg&name=medium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the glove, sleeves, and hand warmer doesn't help, but they look like a drab, cold weather team without the orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Maybe I’m crazy, but the Browns thread has me thinking the Buccaneers are another team that could pull off cream/vintage white. Think treasure maps and a pirate in old-timey, weather-beaten clothes.


giphy.gif

 

Stop giving me ideas. 😅  But you're right, that's an interesting thought. 

 

Maybe throw in a sublimated treasure map on the helmet? Kidding, I think.

best-san-diego-state-helmet-1505931113.j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Orange, cream and red actually does sound like it'd look really nice, thinking about it.

 

Sounds like it would taste good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Saw this mock-up floating around twitter

 

ETbA2yOWoAIYts4?format=jpg&name=medium



I like it. The knee brace needs to be bigger ;) . But I think some orange on the inner numbers needs to be added. With out it, the numbers look too familiar to the Falcons retro uniforms with just the black outline. Either way, I look forward to seeing the new uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Saw this mock-up floating around twitter

 

ETbA2yOWoAIYts4?format=jpg&name=medium

 

The orange is what helped the uniform actually stand out. I like it but man, the orange being gone sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

Maybe I’m crazy, but the Browns thread has me thinking the Buccaneers are another team that could pull off cream/vintage white. Think treasure maps and a pirate in old-timey, weather-beaten clothes.


You not crazy.  Let the mock-ups begin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regard to the lack of orange, I’ll believe it when I see it. At that point, it’s just the Falcons’ color rush jersey with white numbers instead of black. Paul made sure to point out “at least from what I could see” when talking about the lack of orange, too, which could suggest he didn’t receive the highest-quality photo or mockup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

With regard to the lack of orange, I’ll believe it when I see it. At that point, it’s just the Falcons’ color rush jersey with white numbers instead of black. Paul made sure to point out “at least from what I could see” when talking about the lack of orange, too, which could suggest he didn’t receive the highest-quality photo or mockup. 


My thoughts exactly. Using this picture as an example, it’s entirely possible that the orange is indeed there but not popping/contrasting like we’d expect due to image quality, lighting, or contrast:


spacer.png


Of course I’m not saying that whatever Paul saw was taken with a late 90’s camera, but what he described still looks fairly close to this in my eyes and leads me to hope this is chalked up to image quality/lighting/contrast, and the orange is still there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Of course I’m not saying that whatever Paul saw was taken with a late 90’s camera, but what he described still looks fairly close to this in my eyes and leads me to hope this is chalked up to image quality/lighting/contrast, and the orange is still there. 

Then again, this is the Buccaneers we're talking about...disappointment is their primary export. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Here's a great concept of the uniform based on the rumors. It doesn't look too bad, but it still needs orange!

spacer.png

 

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Saw this mock-up floating around twitter

 

ETbA2yOWoAIYts4?format=jpg&name=medium

Both of these look great, can't see the Falcons or Cards, especially not the Cards. The lack of orange isn't at all a problem, would It look better with it? Maybe? Does it matter though? No, I think this is still a top 10 uniform in the NFL, maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Of course I’m not saying that whatever Paul saw was taken with a late 90’s camera, but what he described still looks fairly close to this in my eyes and leads me to hope this is chalked up to image quality/lighting/contrast, and the orange is still there. 


Similarly, it’s difficult to see any orange in this photo, though it’s definitely there.

 

In fact, the players standing in the background all look they’re wearing his mockups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:


Similarly, it’s difficult to see any orange in this photo, though it’s definitely there.

 

In fact, the players standing in the background all look they’re wearing his mockups.

Exactly and this is what I heard from the people on the Bucs message board. They all think it’s pretty much the newest Nike template with the Super Bowl Era colors. Some still hold out hope for a smaller logo on the helmet as well. A lot of talk about the Pewter helmet and pants matching more closely than in the previous set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, as a fan of the team, the orange was never really that important. It’s definitely nice, and I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t stick around as the second outline on the numbers, but the most important thing is that they don’t look like total morons any longer. That’s basically all I really ask for. 

 

They’re never going to do what I really want them to do and go back to the Super Bowl era logos. That’s really the biggest tragedy of the entire rebrand IMO. They went from having my favorite all around logo package of any team in sports that fit that pirate theme as perfectly as they possibly could’ve, to looking like a bunch of dorky ass Iron Maiden looking pirate wannabes. I would’ve been easily able to overlook how dumb the uniforms are if they kept the original flag logo package. 

 

I’ve come to accept that they’re never going to be able to bring back what I liked about them so much if they refuse to bring that logo set back. They seem to be pretty content with the current downgrade of a logo set, though. But if they can at least get one part of this right and fix the uniforms, I’ll be ok with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.