Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is gonna be the new uniforms I really like it. A bit basic but after the last uniforms its a welcome change. But a little bit of orange would have made it really pop and gotten a little bit closer to the super bowl uniforms (which are my all time favorite look) without actually being a carbon copy. 

GbGQbEx.png

9 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Of course I’m not saying that whatever Paul saw was taken with a late 90’s camera, but what he described still looks fairly close to this in my eyes and leads me to hope this is chalked up to image quality/lighting/contrast, and the orange is still there. 

Well, considering the uniforms don't resemble the Bad News Bears, Paul probably wasn't too interested in getting a close look.  

Two things about the supposed uniform as reported by Paul;

I will also be surprised if the orange is completely gone. 

And I would be just as, if not more, surprised if the number font is really just a standard 80s/90s block font. As I said before, there are lots of custom fonts that could still be described in an offhand way as "block".  My guess is that it will be somewhere in the Jags/Jets neighborhood.

But the fact that they're apparently keeping the stupid new "heavy metal dumbass" helmet logo, and keeping it at it's even stupider giant size is a mistake.

The Bucs' current uniforms (and logos) are riddled with problems, but I actually think that the big logo looks great on the helmets. It's unique and it allows the important part of their logo to stand out. I guess I could understand the complaints about the chinstrap/facemask sometimes obscuring the sword, but it doesn't bother me that much. 

spacer.png

I mean, I just think that these look awesome. Being able to see both flags from the front creates a cool visual as well. 

spacer.png

Yeah the giant helmet logos are awesome! But they new logo is a little iffy. The original logo needed an update, but not one that over corrected itself. The original flag logo looked like a product of the 90’s... It was close to being timeless though. The shape of the new flag is better than the original, but the skull and cross swords needed a little more swashbuckle-ness, and less robot-pirate island. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

34 minutes ago, henburg said:

The Bucs' current uniforms (and logos) are riddled with problems, but I actually think that the big logo looks great on the helmets. It's unique and it allows the important part of their logo to stand out. I guess I could understand the complaints about the chinstrap/facemask sometimes obscuring the sword, but it doesn't bother me that much. 

spacer.png

I mean, I just think that these look awesome. Being able to see both flags from the front creates a cool visual as well. 

I like both logos, and both helmets.  I'm with you in that I actually prefer this over the previous...there's nothing wrong with it, in my opinion.  The enlarged flags do provide for more color from the front, since there is no stripe.

Image result for buccaneers 2013

Traditionalists will hate it, modernists will love it, will never please everybody, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Jags'  old helmet.

The chrome mask looks silly and pairs with the team name about as well as the alarm clock number font does. A pewter Bucs helmet should have one facemask color and one color only - black. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, Sport said:

The chrome mask looks silly and pairs with the team name about as well as the alarm clock number font does. A pewter Bucs helmet should have one facemask color and one color only - black. 

Kind of related to Tom Brady's now old team...would a red mask work for the Bucs?

Honestly, the oversized logos look like someone messily made the concept in Gimp or something and the team just kinda approved it, to me. The straps overlap the logo pretty badly when it's that large; it literally covers one of the sword hilts. Like, imagine blowing the Flying Elvis up to a similar scale; the helmet straps would overlap the logo and probably obscure the logo's face, which would look kinda dumb.

28 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Kind of related to Tom Brady's now old team...would a red mask work for the Bucs?

I'd love a creamsicle facemask for the Bucs, to be honest. Something like this concept helmet would look great, IMO;

spacer.png

That way it keeps the pewter "cannonball" look, but incorporates creamsicle orange, the team's other unique color, into it. Best of both worlds.

7 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

If this is gonna be the new uniforms I really like it. A bit basic but after the last uniforms its a welcome change. But a little bit of orange would have made it really pop and gotten a little bit closer to the super bowl uniforms (which are my all time favorite look) without actually being a carbon copy. 

GbGQbEx.png

INHO, the problem with the above new jersey is that at first glance, that could be a Cardinals throwback jersey.   It needs the orange number outline as a differentiator.

The Super Bowl unis were perfect.

29 minutes ago, JayMac said:

A reddit user (u/taubut) shared a mockup of Brady in a current Bucs uniform right after it was announced and didn't change the facemask color.  I don't hate it.

ggb9ufz7man41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

IUe6Hvh.png

34 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

INHO, the problem with the above new jersey is that at first glance, that could be a Cardinals throwback jersey.   It needs the orange number outline as a differentiator.

The Super Bowl unis were perfect.

When did the Cardinals ever have pewter or black pants and helmet? Because I feel like even though both jerseys are red with black/pewter accents, the pants and helmets are clear indicators this ain't the cards

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

35 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

INHO, the problem with the above new jersey is that at first glance, that could be a Cardinals throwback jersey.   

Cardinals jerseys have always been darker red than scarlet though. And usually with white helmets. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived