Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

I actually liked the white pants for both home and away on occasion. However, it did remind me of the 49ers alot at the time when I was a kid.

safety-john-lynch-of-the-tampa-bay-bucca

sep-1997-defensive-back-rod-woodson-of-t

11 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

EDIT: And here's the same helmet with a recolored Super Bowl-era logo;

spacer.png

I know I shouldn’t like it...but I do.

10 hours ago, kutztown said:

You're right.  I should have underlined and italicized imagine.  Oh wait... 🤣

I'm just saying. It's starting to happen with every reveal. Someone points out what the team's social media is doing, and it never pans out. It's getting to be the social media age version of the "hey guys the Red Wings are going with straight nameplates this year!" observation.

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I actually liked the white pants for both home and away on occasion. However, it did remind me of the 49ers alot at the time when I was a kid.

safety-john-lynch-of-the-tampa-bay-bucca

sep-1997-defensive-back-rod-woodson-of-t

Is woodson wearing the wrong pants? Or is this a photoshop? I think a mixture of the pants for the bucs is good. 

8 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Is woodson wearing the wrong pants? Or is this a photoshop? I think a mixture of the pants for the bucs is good. 

Nope they actually wore white pants with that jersey. Thank god they switched back to gold.

5 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

5 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Nope they actually wore white pants with that jersey. Thank god they switched back to gold.

I think that uniform change in 1996 was an attempt to modernize the popular throwbacks from the 94 season (that they wore in Super Bowl 29) and they went with white pants for the first two years. 

49ers-Bengals-1996-022.jpg 092815-NFL-Green-Bay-Packers-IA-ssm.vres

in 1998 they brought back the gold pants and it looked great. 

GettyImages-334616.0.jpg

Fun fact about that Garrison Hearst run - I was around 11 years old and at my friend's house watching the week 1 highlights and when they showed this game I EXCLAIMED  in my little boy voice, "oh cool the 49ers brought back the gold pants!" This was met first with life-altering silence, and second his older brother said "why do you care what pants they're wearing, f**?" and that's when I learned to keep those thoughts to myself until I found this message board many years later. 

7 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'm just saying. It's starting to happen with every reveal. Someone points out what the team's social media is doing, and it never pans out. It's getting to be the social media age version of the "hey guys the Red Wings are going with straight nameplates this year!" observation.

Wait, you’re telling me that the Red Wings are already making plans for next season’s jerseys and are gonna go with straight nameplates?

11 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Reminds me of the old joke where the ship captain hears there’s a pirate ship on the way, and asks for his red shirt so his men can’t see him bleeding if he’s wounded. Then it turns out there are ten ships coming at them, and he asks for his brown pants. 

Is that how the Buccaneers got their redesign?

7 hours ago, IceCap said:

....let's go reveal some jerseys, I'm psyched. 

1 hour ago, Sport said:

I think that uniform change in 1996 was an attempt to modernize the popular throwbacks from the 94 season (that they wore in Super Bowl 29) and they went with white pants for the first two years. 

GettyImages-334616.0.jpg

Fun fact about that Garrison Hearst run - I was around 11 years old and at my friend's house watching the week 1 highlights and when they showed this game I EXCLAIMED  in my little boy voice, "oh cool the 49ers brought back the gold pants!" This was met first with life-altering silence, and second his older brother said "why do you care what pants they're wearing, f**?" and that's when I learned to keep those thoughts to myself until I found this message board many years later. 

Similar stories brought us here you are not alone 

2 hours ago, Sport said:

GettyImages-334616.0.jpg

I’m a bit different in that I’ve always had friends who found sports uniforms at least a little bit interesting. Guess I’m just lucky. 

2 hours ago, Sport said:

092815-NFL-Green-Bay-Packers-IA-ssm.vres

Off topic - this was one of the coldest games I have ever attended. A hard rain and mid 30s. The following week against Carolina was colder from a temperature standpoint, but far less miserable.

2 hours ago, Sport said:

GettyImages-334616.0.jpg

OMG the helmet color doesn't match the pants...screw Nike!

oh.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

OMG the helmet color doesn't match the pants...screw Nike!

oh.

WHAT

7a3f20db8e0f687b382336e3debea7ca.jpg

THE 

terrell-owens-of-the-san-francisco-49ers

:censored:

NY152.jpg?w=620

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? 

17 minutes ago, Sport said:

WHAT

7a3f20db8e0f687b382336e3debea7ca.jpg

THE 

terrell-owens-of-the-san-francisco-49ers

:censored:

NY152.jpg?w=620

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? 

Shimmery pants far superior for 49ers.

12 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I always like that the Bucs red over white or white over white looks tended to happen early in the season or preseason. It was a fun little quirk. Then it was no white after Labor Day. 

Checking the GUD, after about 2000 or so the Bucs rarely wore the white pants beyond the second home game of the season.