Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

2 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Outside of the Creamsicle Crew, do people really want orange to be a bigger part than it currently is, or do they just want orange to be *a* part of the new uniform (and are reacting negatively to the rumor that there isn’t any), because those are two very different problems.

I don’t have issues with the color hierarchy of the current look, and I don’t think it’s high on most persons’ list of dislikes. I think the orange has the same, if not more presence now than it did on the Super Bowl uniforms, and it works very well as an accent color that makes the look more distinctive, just as it did on the previous set. Maybe you could flip the roles of orange and red in the hierarchy, but every pewter idea I’ve seen thus far has confirmed that red appears to be a better co-star than orange.

Adding a bunch of orange to a uniform that’s already dominated by pewter and red is a difficult task to execute. I haven’t seen a successful attempt yet, but I think your idea of an orange yoke stripe has promise, maybe paired with socks like what you have on your concept above.

Everyone that doesn't like the creamsicle's wants orange as part of the uniform.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Outside of the Creamsicle Crew, do people really want orange to be a bigger part than it currently is

I'm definitely not part of the Creamsicle Crew, but I've wanted the Bucs to emphasize pewter and orange and demote red to a tertiary color for years.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

21 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Welp. I just ordered a Tom Brady jersey sight unseen. Was going to go with the alt so it was really sight unseen, but the idea of a pewter alt scared me off. We’ll see how huge of a mistake this ends up being. 

*shows up in bucfan's mail*

s-l500.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

14 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

Everyone that doesn't like the creamsicle's wants orange as part of the uniform.

Right, and my point is that both the current and previous uniforms use orange effectively as an accent color, but I’m not really seeing a big groundswell of support for bringing a ton of orange into the identity, which is why I asked for clarification of how that “problem” was being interpreted.

Do people really want *more* orange than the the current or previous sets offered, or do they just want that same amount of orange and are responding negatively to the rumors of it being eliminated.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

57 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Right, and my point is that both the current and previous uniforms use orange effectively as an accent color, but I’m not really seeing a big groundswell of support for bringing a ton of orange into the identity, which is why I asked for clarification of how that “problem” was being interpreted.

Do people really want *more* orange than the the current or previous sets offered, or do they just want that same amount of orange and are responding negatively to the rumors of it being eliminated.

I would love to see a set that worked with a white road, close to equal amount of red and orange trim, plus a red primary and orange alt. Not popular, but maybe a pewter 2nd alt to be worn rarely and on the road like Seattle's wolf grey. To make this work would probably need white helmets and at least a white pant option. Alternating red and orange facemask and sock options. Will it happen? Nope. 

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think most people myself included just want some orange in it. Not necessarily more. The thought of not having it at all is just a really bad idea.

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

Please refrain from posting your personal concepts to this thread.  The Concepts section can be used for this purpose.  

Very gray area. I feel showing a concept to convey a point is very beneficial. Saying orange/pewter works well vs showing it makes a huge difference. I don't mind concepts as long as they are in reference to a point being discussed. 

27 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Very gray area. I feel showing a concept to convey a point is very beneficial. Saying orange/pewter works well vs showing it makes a huge difference. I don't mind concepts as long as they are in reference to a point being discussed. 

Agreed, people do it all the time. Either enforce it for everyone or don't. Personally I don't mind when it's related, as it was in this case.

43 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

The lack of any orange on the Bucs website has me worried they’ve ditched it all together. 

It's been a while since I looked at their site, but I don't remember there being much, if any, orange for a while already. Very possible I'm wrong though

Just now, Haz_Matt said:

It's been a while since I looked at their site, but I don't remember there being much, if any, orange for a while already. Very possible I'm wrong though

Yeah actually I think you’re right. I sure as hell hope you’re right anyway.

Archived