Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

17 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

Or just get ready for one helmet for the current set and the possibility of throwbacks with different helmet colors, like it was before the one helmet rule.

42 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I'd be down with it just so teams can have proper throwback uniforms instead of settling for half-and-half messes or just having none at all. There'll inevitably be a Jags gradient helmet for every Bucs Creamsicle when helmet rules change, it's just the way sports trends tend to work. Why prevent good identities from returning just because a few teams inevitably will make a stinker?

17 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

Or just get ready for one helmet for the current set and the possibility of throwbacks with different helmet colors, like it was before the one helmet rule.

14 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

Yes, if it is going to happen, NFL needs to restrict it to throwbacks so that we can see the iconic vintage uniforms again for some teams that have not been able to give us this.

That's not going to happen.  This "restrict it to throwbacks only" is nonsense, and you're insane if you think that's going to be how it works. What about teams without a different throwback look?  They just get left out?  You're kidding yourself.

Make no mistake... if you're excited about the one helmet rule going away you are on "Team Crazy-multiple-helmets".  You are.  That's the side you're taking, period. You've already seen the slippery slope NFL alternative jerseys have taken, from first just throwbacks, to alternate colors, to Color Rush, and from one a year to twice a year, to oh, hell, whenever.  That's what's in store for the helmets. This is not a guess, it's a fact.  If you want multiple helmets, you want chaos, whether you admit it or not. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oldschoolvikings hit the nail right on the head. As much as I'd love to see creamsickle throwbacks for the Bucs, Pat Patriot throwbacks for the Patriots, and all the others, it's just too big a risk. I'd rather have no throwbacks than the helmet trend we saw in College Football a few years back.

fiowXOD.png

57 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Why prevent good identities from returning just because a few teams inevitably will make a stinker?

Because there is no good reason to not pick your best look and always wear it.  Fans still buy throwback merchandise without it seeing the field. 

Turning your question around, Why have multiple identities when fans still buy stuff without it seeing the field?

It's where I sit.

35 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

Bucs posted a video on Instagram of 3 players getting sneak peeks at the uniforms, 3 different ones

Well, I guess we know which one will suck... Most probably a weird color rush set...

21 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's not going to happen.  This "restrict it to throwbacks only" is nonsense, and you're insane if you think that's going to be how it works. What about teams without a different throwback look?  They just get left out?  You're kidding yourself.

Make no mistake... if you're excited about the one helmet rule going away you are on "Team Crazy-multiple-helmets".  You are.  That's the side you're taking, period. You've already seen the slippery slope NFL alternative jerseys have taken, from first just throwbacks, to alternate colors, to Color Rush, and from one a year to twice a year, to oh, hell, whenever.  That's what's in store for the helmets. This is not a guess, it's a fact.  If you want multiple helmets, you want chaos, whether you admit it or not. 

And let's just go ahead and address the big white elephant in the room that's [I'm convinced] driving both all ^that and this reported helmet rule change...

nike.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

(which, by the way, now holds a near-monopoly on American major pro sports, just to point that out.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 minutes ago, Buc said:

And let's just go ahead and address the big white elephant in the room that's [I'm convinced] driving both all ^that and this reported helmet rule change...

Hide contents

nike.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

(which, by the way, now holds a near-monopoly on American major pro sports, just to point that out.)

Very true. Which is why some of us should be careful what we wish for when we ask for the MLS contract to go to bid.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Very true. Which is why some of us should be careful what we wish for when we ask for the MLS contract to go to bid.

How much worse could Nike do? Adidas has been completely botching it for the last few seasons.

ExJworW.png

33 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Well, I guess we know which one will suck... Most probably a weird color rush set...

Or it’s the white jersey....I think they’re commenting on red and pewter jerseys

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Interesting. Not sure if this is just Arians talking out his backside or not. Maybe it got buried in the new CBA.

It's not just Arians talking out of his backside. NFL confirms that it is being considered for 2021.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/25/one-helmet-rule-could-change-for-2021/

from the article - “There will be no change for the 2020 season,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT via email. “There are ongoing discussions for a potential change for the 2021 season, but no decisions have been made.”

It's where I sit.

One thing I think is clear from the Arians interview is the helmets are pewter. He wasn’t lying in terms of the new look being a basic return of the Super Bowl era unis. I think it’s also safe to say pewter is the 3rd jersey. The only question remains what we all have been wondering ...is orange no longer a part of the uniform. We all need to hope that is wasn’t discernible in the pics Lukas saw ,that’s all we got!

19 minutes ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

Careful now. That's the same thing people said about the NBA and in my opinion Nike's been a lot worse.

Agreed. Adidas wasn't great with the NBA (clearly the sleeves were a disaster), but at the very least they respected home and away designations. Yellow or gray vs. white is inexcusable in basketball, the same way red vs. green is inexcusable in football.

Nike consistently sacrifices visibility for innovation and it's tiresome.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

Careful now. That's the same thing people said about the NBA and in my opinion Nike's been a lot worse.

I think a fair amount of people would disagree on that

For however much people hate Nike around here, nobody does basketball apparel & shoes better than them

Unpopular opinion: I think a 2-helmet rule works fine, it would help out with throwbacks for sure. And if someone wants to use it for an alternate helmet, tough luck, because really it's not gonna matter much for a game or 2 a season

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Bucs Coach: “Might” Bring Back Creamsicles, Helmet Rule Changing in 2021

March 25, 2020 - 18:43 PM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians dropped a couple of bombs on us during an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show this morning. “I think once the helmet rule changes next year, we might have some creamsicles and some […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

Unpopular opinion: I think a 2-helmet rule works fine, it would help out with throwbacks for sure. And if someone wants to use it for an alternate helmet, tough luck, because really it's not gonna matter much for a game or 2 a season

Yeah, how'd that "game or two a season" turn out with the alternate jerseys?

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Interesting. Not sure if this is just Arians talking out his backside or not. Maybe it got buried in the new CBA.

Fingers crossed that he knows something and isn't just saying things.

Paul Lukas said he spoke to a source who said it is under consideration for 2021 but nothing was decided yet. 2020 is status quo.

Archived