Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

5 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

If that is the uniform, I’ll take it as a win.

Sounds like it'll be really close to that, though I'd imagine a custom number font.

Honestly, that'd be fine.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, JayMac said:

The orange was minimal on the Super Bowl set but it was so important to that look. I don't see why some people can't realize that. 

That set was a masterclass in how to make "too many" elements work. It's got too many colours, too many outlines. Yet every colour is used JUST enough to be a benefit, and ONLY where is has to be. Black and orange aren't strictly necessary, but they're never over-exposed. We never got a black monochrome alternate in that set, as an example. They're kept to the striping. The pewter is confined to the pants and the helmet, not needing to be on the jerseys. It's working with A LOT of elements, but it's all balanced so well.

I love the creamsicle look for the Bucs (fite me) but the Super Bowl set is truly a thing of beauty in its own way. Either look is a good direction to go in, but I will be disappointment if the Bucs remove the orange from the Super Bowl look. It'll be fine, just not as good as it can be. 

11 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Either look is a good direction to go in, but I will be disappointed if the Bucs remove the orange from the Super Bowl look. It'll be fine, just not as good as it can be. 

And compared to what it’s replacing, it’s an effin’ Picasso of a uniform.  

42 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

According to UniWatch's mockup, were getting the Super Bowl set without orange, and updated logos of course, so how is that "Kind of looks like the Super Bowl uniforms"? 

As has been explained countless times in this thread, orange was the only thing stopping them from looking too much like the Falcons. The orange trim was the one standout design element in an otherwise bland uniform. Without it, it's just not the same.

Personally, I think if they were going to de-emphasize a color, it should have been red, not orange. A pewter/orange-focused look would have been unique in the NFL and the perfect compromise between the creamsicle and Super Bowl eras. Red still could have been utilized tastefully as a trim color.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just now, Lights Out said:

As has been explained countless times in this thread, orange was the only thing stopping them from looking too much like the Falcons. The orange trim was the one standout design element in an otherwise bland uniform. Without it, it's just not the same.

Personally, I think if they were going to de-emphasize a color, it should have been red, not orange. A pewter/orange-focused look would have been unique in the NFL and the perfect compromise between the creamsicle and Super Bowl eras.

On the Falcons bit...I don't think the comparison will be so bad, especially if the Falcons opt for a red helmet/black jersey combo. With that being said? One of my first "oh hey not everyone pays attention to this stuff" moments was in high school when the Falcons changed. I was showing a friend who remarked "they look like the Bucs."

Close to twenty years later and now the Bucs are minimizing orange? Won't help with the comparisons, to be sure.

31 minutes ago, schlim said:

If they went orange and pewter, lots of people here would be calling them the Tampa Bay Browns.

Pewter is different enough from brown to avoid the comparisons. Plus they could still use red as a tertiary trim color to further distinguish themselves.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Today:  “THEY’RE GONNA LOOK TOO MUCH LIKE THE FALCONS!”

Two weeks from now:  Falcons release new black helmet, black jerseys, white jerseys, and black pants and remove all red from their color palette.  

Everyone here:  🤬

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No.  There's never been anything to indicate the league would care about something like that, at least not enough to involve itself.

Different sport, but oddly enough I was in AZ not long ago and did a tour of Chase Field, and the tour guide actually said that MLB approached the D-Backs about changing the purple/teal since Colorado was in the same division and already using purple.  Like you said, I don't think the league would care, and I'm not sure I believe what he said.

Some will miss orange and some will not, but I hope we can all agree the biggest shortcoming with the new set is likely to be the pant fabric.  How it should look:

tampa-bay-buccaneers-cornerbacks-seconda

It's got to match the helmets!  I'll be sad if they remain flat:

md-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers.jpg

6 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Pewter is different enough from brown to avoid the comparisons. Plus they could still use red as a tertiary trim color to further distinguish themselves.

So it's different enough from brown for it not to be a problem but close enough to black to be one, Pewter looks like neither brown nor black, its a mix of brown and silver in my eyes, so if anything its closer to brown, but i dont think i could ever really mistake the 2, unless under certain lighting.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Personally, I think if they were going to de-emphasize a color, it should have been red, not orange. A pewter/orange-focused look would have been unique in the NFL and the perfect compromise between the creamsicle and Super Bowl eras. Red still could have been utilized tastefully as a trim color.

I guess we'll just not see eye to eye on this one then, I can't comprehend how the Bucs without a black helmet, pants or jersey will look anything like the Falcons, if they roll out a black alt in a week, i'll give it to ya, but I don't really buy that argument. Orange hasn't been crucial to the Bucs set since the creamsicle era, they've been a Red and Pewter team for 20+ years, I don't know what else to tell ya. The uniform looks fantastic in the mockups and climbs the latter into the upper upper half of NFL uniforms if they're correct, I can guarantee that many won't even realize the differences besides the logos if it's true.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

12 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Today:  “THEY’RE GONNA LOOK TOO MUCH LIKE THE FALCONS!”

Two weeks from now:  Falcons release new black helmet, black jerseys, white jerseys, and black pants and remove all red from their color palette.  

Everyone here:  🤬

Not ATL's fault.

This all stems from the Bucs giving the finger to creamsicle orange.

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

Some will miss orange and some will not, but I hope we can all agree the biggest shortcoming with the new set is likely to be the pant fabric.  How it should look:

tampa-bay-buccaneers-cornerbacks-seconda

It's got to match the helmets!  I'll be sad if they remain flat:

md-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers.jpg

Wonder why they couldn't just use the old Ripon pants and put the swoosh on?  The Packers still do it.

9 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Orange hasn't been crucial to the Bucs set since the creamsicle era, they've been a Red and Pewter team for 20+ years, I don't know what else to tell ya.

They've had orange somewhere on their jerseys consistently since 1976. It's one of their colours, arguably their longest tenured one.

18 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Orange hasn't been crucial to the Bucs set since the creamsicle era, they've been a Red and Pewter team for 20+ years, I don't know what else to tell ya.

They've had orange for their entire existence. Red, orange and white is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. No matter what logo, what jersey, those three colors have always been on the team in some form, and it should stay that way.

Removing orange entirely would be as colossal a blunder as the Lightning removing black was for them. If you want to remove anything from the Bucs, you remove black; it's not really as important since you have pewter as your prerequisite dark color anyways. There's no real replacement for orange on the Bucs.

23 minutes ago, IceCap said:

They've had orange somewhere on their jerseys consistently since 1976. It's one of their colours, arguably their longest tenured one.

17 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

They've had orange for their entire existence. Red, orange and white is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. No matter what logo, what jersey, those three colors have always been on the team in some form, and it should stay that way.

Removing orange entirely would be as colossal a blunder as the Lightning removing black was for them. If you want to remove anything from the Bucs, you remove black; it's not really as important since you have pewter as your prerequisite dark color anyways. There's no real replacement for orange on the Bucs.

Maybe it's an age thing, for my whole life, my perception of the Bucs have been red and pewter, with black third and hints of orange, i knew they were a red and orange team before, but i still saw them as red first, orange second, and i feel the role orange had in the identity has diminished in every update, it seemed more forced in the last set than anything else. Can't speak for y'all but when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers come to mind, orange feels as, if not less, important as black in the identity. I don't see the hullabaloo with removing orange besides the fact that they've completely moved on from it.

To me the Red Pewter and Black are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and frankly i like that better than Orange and Red.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Adding a little *more* orange is what would make the Super Bowl set pop a bit more, tie in better with the history, and allow a pallette swap orange alternate.  Would have been the perfect update.  Instead I fear they'll be like the orangeless Dolphins until it was recently fixed.  Or the Jags without real. Why is it all Florida teams?

30 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Maybe it's an age thing, for my whole life, my perception of the Bucs have been red and pewter, with black third and hints of orange, i knew they were a red and orange team before, but i still saw them as red first, orange second, and i feel the role orange had in the identity has diminished in every update, it seemed more forced in the last set than anything else. Can't speak for y'all but when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers come to mind, orange feels as, if not less, important as black in the identity. I don't see the hullabaloo with removing orange besides the fact that they've completely moved on from it.

To me the Red Pewter and Black are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and frankly i like that better than Orange and Red.

I mean, I dunno if it's age. I was born a year after the Bucs debuted the Super Bowl uniforms and so never even saw the creamsicles when they were the primary jerseys, but I still think orange is a crucial part of what makes the Bucs the Bucs. Without it, you're basically left with a look that is so...dull.

And this is Florida, after all, the Sunshine State. "Dull" should be the LAST descriptor anybody should think of for a team based in Florida; ideally, teams would embrace brightness, not become even more dark.

Archived