Oldschoolvikings' NFL - Broncos and Eagles added

oldschoolvikings

I've been wanting to fiddle with my football template for a while, just to liven things up for myself.  My old template (which looks like this):

spacer.png

I just cobbled this together from various sources, and I think I was pretty happy with it, but there were a few things about it that I didn't always feel perfectly satisfied about.  For one, I think the side view cut-out is a less than optimal way to show off a sleeve design.  More often than not I ended up just deleting it altogether. The giant multiple views of the helmet were a bit of wasted space, because I rarely design the helmet to look different from one side to the other. Also, it kind of bugs me that most uniform templates are more involved with showing the pieces individually (here's a jersey, here's a helmet...) than giving an idea of how the full uniform would look when all the pieces are worn together.

With that in mind, I'm working on a new template, which I've plugged a few uniform onto, and I wouldn't mind some feedback. 

Here they are...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

ca9.gif

I'm really liking the full-body template! It's fantastic at illustrating the cohesion of a look (also, the new Packers numerals are a good look). 

Those Packer numerals were me trying out something that @Gothamite had mentioned about the 60's Packers' inconsistent numbering.

I like it.

I'd tweak them just a little, maybe make the numbers thicker to reflect the originals.   

lf?set=path%5B1%2F7%2F5%2F1%2F2%2F17512236%5D%2Csizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

I think that's a change the Packer could make that wouldn't freak out the fans.

But that's a minor quibble.  This is beautiful.

0TKAeIo.png

I count four small tweaks, but what a huge collective difference they make.

52 minutes ago, Sebastianm said:

That format looks amazing! did you make that yourself?

Yeah, more or less.  The helmet I pulled off Google images and redrew. The jersey is a slight adaption of a basic template that's been floating around for years. Same with the pants... I just added the socks, shoes, and just recently the torso.

I've been using both Photoshop and illustrator for years at work, and have considered switching my concepts over to one of those (probably illustrator, I'm a little more comfortable there), but there's something weirdly comforting to me about doing these in clunky old mspaint. I know it looks a little stiff because of the format, but the slow process of making things look "right" in Paint, things the Photoshop and illustrator do for you, works well with my creative process, and honestly with my anxiety stuff. And in the long run, this ain't a job, I just make them for myself.

I appreciate the positive feedback.

It's throwing me off just slightly to not be able to see any indication of the numbers on the full body template when the perspective (at least to my eye) looks like it should show some portion of the numbers. I don't know if that's easily remedied or not with what you're working with OSV. (And I understand what you mean about using Paint for certain things. Its simplicity is an asset in many cases.)

Pet peeve: for the Broncos and Bills, the rear view of the helmet should show the very back part of the logo. 

Other than that, I echo the other posters. Great template that ties the elements of a uniform together. 

On 6/21/2020 at 8:51 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you for giving the Vikings sock stripes to go with their purple pants, and thus solving one of my two gripes with an otherwise excellent set. (The black facemask is my other gripe.)

Archived