Old Sonics Rebrand (discontinued)

Indigo

Here's my crack a Sonics redesign, one of dozens among this site. The new Climate Pledge Arena made me think about this. The way this template is set up only allowed me to do a green jersey, but I'm working on a white one.

You have to upload your images to a third-party hosting site like Imgur, and then copy and paste the image URL (ending in .png or another raster file format) into the post box and it should automatically embed. You're currently attempting to link to the files from your own computer's hard drive, which doesn't work.

These look great! The sidepanels is very reminiscent of the Boston Celtics 18/19 City Edition(especially the association), however the back part of the shorts is really very clever! 
On Statement Edition I would perhaps go full green for the sidepanels and back shorts, the white is too bright, at least to me. 

I understand the want and wish for the return of green and yellow - its a unique colour scheme. The current NBA suffers from extreme saturation. 
Sonics concepts are always great to see - keep it up! 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, Tore said:

These look great! The sidepanels is very reminiscent of the Boston Celtics 18/19 City Edition(especially the association), however the back part of the shorts is really very clever! 
On Statement Edition I would perhaps go full green for the sidepanels and back shorts, the white is too bright, at least to me. 

I understand the want and wish for the return of green and yellow - its a unique colour scheme. The current NBA suffers from extreme saturation. 
Sonics concepts are always great to see - keep it up! 

Sorry for being gone so long! I dabbled with your idea of all green-and I have to say, it is a better look

spacer.png

For the City edition, I wanted something that

1. Reflected the rainy nature of Seattle
  2. Used blue, green, and gray just like the Seahawks, Mariners, and [insert NHL team]
  3. Did not deviate to far from the other 3 sets

My final product was this: using a gray base, I added diagonal [Mavs blue] pinstripes portray rain.

City

spacer.png

Court #2

spacer.png

On the court I used the diagonal rain-stripes, and used a little wordplay on the baseline.

20 minutes ago, Tore said:

@LA Fakers+ LA Snippers looks better to me! And the city edition is very interesting! Great work! Are you going to make some more for different teams? 

Thank you! And yes, I will do more for other teams, starting with the Rockets, Celtics, Nets and Bucks.

• Indigo changed the title to NBA Rebrand(Sonics Included)
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for such a wait! I'm back, and I've returned with a new Nets concept.

I thought that black and white alone was too bland, and the Spurs already use gray, so I needed something new.

I immediately thought 'Blue', but not their old navy, because the NBA has too many navy teams already. Then I saw the Barclays Center logo, and I knew I needed a lighter blue.

Logo

spacer.png

Association

spacer.png

Icon

spacer.png

Statement

spacer.png

Court

spacer.png

For the City Edition, I wanted to stick with the monotone, but incorporate the asymmetrical (Dr. J) stripes on the side.

I decided to use navy because it was already on the 2000's (Jason Kidd) wordmark I used, and I meshed perfectly.spacer.png

On 8/9/2020 at 4:41 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Before I make a whole identity, I would like some feedback on the logo. Yay? Nay? OK?

spacer.png

I like this direction for a new Magic logo, though it would be nice to see something a little more unique, I think.

I'm not a fan of any iteration of real world Magic logos, but I also haven't followed basketball for very long, so I have no sense of the nostalgia associated with those logos.

21 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

What you consider a Sonics set made with OKC colors? More like a middle finger to them, in the sense we can make your colors look better then you can.

• Indigo changed the title to Old Sonics Rebrand (discontinued)

Archived