The Golden Question ft. New Orleans Saints

2 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Since the Falcon thread became Saints-oriented, I made a new thread for it

(I feel responsible because I brought up the Saints)

Sorry, what is the question? I haven't been following the Falcons thread that closely since their unveiling.

Just now, officeglenn said:

Sorry, what is the question? I haven't been following the Falcons thread that closely since their unveiling.

Whether or not the Saints should switch to their Color Rush shade of gold or stick with the shade they have.

i.e.

this

New Orleans Saints in Color Rush uniforms for Thanksgiving vs. Falcons

or this

604267470-850x560.jpeg

I don't really have a preference on whichever shade of gold, but it better not be mismatched. Too many sets are worsened because teams have different shaded helmets and jerseys (see Los Angeles Rams, previous Minnesota Vikings). If they were to promote the Color Rush jerseys to their full-time away, they'd have to tweak the helmet as well. I do prefer the striping on the Color Rush set, though. 

7 hours ago, ~Bear said:

I don't really have a preference on whichever shade of gold, but it better not be mismatched. Too many sets are worsened because teams have different shaded helmets and jerseys (see Los Angeles Rams, previous Minnesota Vikings). If they were to promote the Color Rush jerseys to their full-time away, they'd have to tweak the helmet as well. I do prefer the striping on the Color Rush set, though. 

This is my sentiment too.  I'm fine with either shade, but I want everything to match.

The original brassier gold looks really good.  However, I've become accustomed to the lighter Vegas Gold, which also looks really good when they let it be the primary (or at least co-primary) color (instead of focusing on black with gold accents).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

23 hours ago, alecgoff said:

What if they altered their helmets to add a little bit of sparkle, like Notre Dame. 

hkgaemflvrnjlrgfwef-23.png

Wow... that looks good

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 7/1/2020 at 1:03 PM, C-Squared said:

Imagine having footing on a unique colorway in the NFL and squandering it with desaturated khaki.

Its N'awlins, for God's sake - the gaudier, the better!

FWIW...no one who's from or lives in N.O. answers to or acknowledges that nickname... 😉

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The key to understanding the New Orleans accent is that it's a closer cousin to the old Brooklyn accent than to any southern accent.

Anyway, the sparkle helmet looks neat, but that defeats the purpose of settling on a unified shade of gold, unless they're going to have sparkly numbers and pants, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 7/2/2020 at 1:59 PM, Buc said:

FWIW...no one who's from or lives in N.O. answers to or acknowledges that nickname... 😉

my man Buc is SO correct on this.  Perfect view on this:

It is what it is.

On 7/2/2020 at 2:09 PM, the admiral said:

The key to understanding the New Orleans accent is that it's a closer cousin to the old Brooklyn accent than to any southern accent.

Very correct.

Commonly called the 'Yat' accent (after the New Orleans greeting, "Where Y'at?").

-- Lots of loss of the "th" sound -- dese, dose, dem, dey, and of course, dat. 

-- dropping of the r at the end of words (dat cost me fifty dollas!)

-- weird transpositioning of the "oi" and "er" sounds (dat goil named Poil puts a little olive earl in her watuh when she berls her crawfish)

-- emphasis on the second syllable of a two syllable name (Ke-VIN!! Wan-DA! Get ovah heah!)

Not to mention lots of little grammatical idiosyncracies such as "making groceries" (from the French faire marche or "make market"), "stay by" instead of "live at" (I ain't got my own place, I stay by my mama's), etc.

With the influence of television, effects of compulsory secondary education,  and an influx of outsiders back during the 60s and 70s oil boom, and hipsters today,  the yat accent IS disappearing, though. 

It is what it is.

I believe there was a line in the preface to A Confederacy of Dunces about how all port cities are more similar to one another than they are to their respective inland counterparts, and while I'm not sure I'd see that one all the way through, it does explain New Orleans not being very much like Dallas.

5 hours ago, B-Rich said:

With the influence of television, effects of compulsory secondary education,  and an influx of outsiders back during the 60s and 70s oil boom, and hipsters today,  the yat accent IS disappearing, though. 

Not to mention people projecting cajun stereotypes and culture onto New Orleans. People from New Orleans do not sound like Coach Orgeron

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

....while I'm not sure I'd see that one all the way through.

I would HIGHLY recommend reading this book. A modern picaresque novel, laugh-out-loud funny, and a Pulitzer Prize winner to boot.  Really conveys so many of the different aspects of New Orleans culture (or in some cases, sub-culture). Focuses more on the outsiders, working/lower classes of society.

Then you could go the other extreme and read The Moviegoer by Walker Percy, similarly lauded (winner of the US Book award) but it deals with the upper class in New Orleans and the south, and while it has a few humorous lines, is completely existential in nature. 

Had to read both of them in my freshman year of college in, of all places, San Antonio Texas (Trinity University) and have loved them ever since. 

🙂

It is what it is.

A Confederacy of Dunces is fantastic. There's a little Ignatius in all of us on this board.

The only Walker Percy book I read is Lost in the Cosmos, which is a bit unorthodox, but it has some passages I like:

The difference between a non-suicide and an ex-suicide leaving the house for work, at eight o'clock on an ordinary morning:

The non-suicide is a little traveling suck of care, sucking care with him from the past and being sucked toward care in the future. His breath is high in his chest.

The ex-suicide opens his front door, sits down on the steps, and laughs. Since he has the option of being dead, he has nothing to lose by being alive. It is good to be alive. He goes to work because he doesn't have to.

I prefer the Vegasy gold.  The numbers in the thread’s very first photo almost look mustard to me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived