LA Fakers+ LA Snippers

The Golden Question ft. New Orleans Saints

2 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Since the Falcon thread became Saints-oriented, I made a new thread for it

(I feel responsible because I brought up the Saints)

Sorry, what is the question? I haven't been following the Falcons thread that closely since their unveiling.

Just now, officeglenn said:

Sorry, what is the question? I haven't been following the Falcons thread that closely since their unveiling.

Whether or not the Saints should switch to their Color Rush shade of gold or stick with the shade they have.

i.e.

this

New Orleans Saints in Color Rush uniforms for Thanksgiving vs. Falcons

or this

604267470-850x560.jpeg

I don't really have a preference on whichever shade of gold, but it better not be mismatched. Too many sets are worsened because teams have different shaded helmets and jerseys (see Los Angeles Rams, previous Minnesota Vikings). If they were to promote the Color Rush jerseys to their full-time away, they'd have to tweak the helmet as well. I do prefer the striping on the Color Rush set, though. 

7 hours ago, ~Bear said:

I don't really have a preference on whichever shade of gold, but it better not be mismatched. Too many sets are worsened because teams have different shaded helmets and jerseys (see Los Angeles Rams, previous Minnesota Vikings). If they were to promote the Color Rush jerseys to their full-time away, they'd have to tweak the helmet as well. I do prefer the striping on the Color Rush set, though. 

This is my sentiment too.  I'm fine with either shade, but I want everything to match.

The original brassier gold looks really good.  However, I've become accustomed to the lighter Vegas Gold, which also looks really good when they let it be the primary (or at least co-primary) color (instead of focusing on black with gold accents).

23 hours ago, alecgoff said:

What if they altered their helmets to add a little bit of sparkle, like Notre Dame. 

hkgaemflvrnjlrgfwef-23.png

Wow... that looks good

Really don't get the hate for Vegas Gold. I think when used correctly (like the Saints) it can look great. I think the old gold looks like mustard

(This is Unpopular Opinions right?)

Imagine having footing on a unique colorway in the NFL and squandering it with desaturated khaki.

Its N'awlins, for God's sake - the gaudier, the better!

On 7/1/2020 at 1:03 PM, C-Squared said:

Imagine having footing on a unique colorway in the NFL and squandering it with desaturated khaki.

Its N'awlins, for God's sake - the gaudier, the better!

FWIW...no one who's from or lives in N.O. answers to or acknowledges that nickname... 😉

The key to understanding the New Orleans accent is that it's a closer cousin to the old Brooklyn accent than to any southern accent.

Anyway, the sparkle helmet looks neat, but that defeats the purpose of settling on a unified shade of gold, unless they're going to have sparkly numbers and pants, too.