Penn State Volleyball Presentation Concept - The Big Presentation Update

MDGP

Lately with all the extra time due to the coronavirus, I've taken on a few different projects and have been looking to branch out a bit. Generally, my designs have always been 95% designed in inkscape/illustrator with a final touch up in photoshop.

So, for this project, I decided to almost entirely eschew illustrator and work in the mediums of 3D modelling and photoshop. Ultimately, I wanted to create a presentation that combined the ideas of live model Nike photoshop templates with a more illustrated look that regularly can be seen in video games and other concept art.

I ended up choosing to update an old Penn State Women's Volleyball design because I love my alma mater, I love the sport, and womens athletics deserves more love in the concept scene.

Image may contain: person, woman and outdoor

Image may contain: person, sports uniform and standing

Image may contain: ball, person and soccer

Image may contain: person, sports uniform and wall

The concept features 4 jerseys, a home and away, and two libero jerseys. The overall design is pretty simple, with the main design element being shoulder stripes with cutouts on the sleeves as a sort of reverse shoutout to the football team's iconic helmet stripe. The libero jerseys reverse this and feature full horizontal sleeve stripes. The conference logo is contained within the striping area.

As to the art itself, the goal was to create a middle ground resulting in a stylized look somewhere between a regular photo and an illustration. The backgrounds feature the the court at Rec Hall, Old Main, the Lion Shrine, and the Rec Hall exterior.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Back when I originally posted this concept, I had only made the four images above. Inevitably I got the urge to make a full presentation, now featuring flat and 3D views of the jerseys, a new and improved sublimated back design, and full explanations for the entire concept. Below are a few images found within the full project.

13166d107799651.5fb36fedcba78.png

2f1e62107799651.5faf079f77664.png

Image may contain: active shirt, sleeve and sports uniform

c31956107799651.5faf8caaee72a.png

These are only a part of the full presentation that can be found over at https://www.behance.net/gallery/107799651/Penn-State-Womens-Volleyball-Concept

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived