NBA Expansion - Seattle Supersonics Concept

AgentOfShield

With the news of Amazon-sponsored arena in Seattle, I think that a SuperSonics return is slightly more likely. I decided to make my version of Seattle Supersonics NBA expansion concept. My favorite logo from the Sonics is the one they used from 1975-1995, so my concepts was mainly inspired by that logo and era with my "updated"  modernized take. 😀

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love your set, it really is what I would want to see from a new Supersonics franchise. I don't see the logo making it. I see the NBA doing something like they did with the Hornets, where they get the name, but the old logos are not able to be used, leading to a new logo that most people would prefer to be the old logo.

Overall pretty good. The logo is a great update. However, the number font isn't the best, and the arc in the wordmark doesn't match the arc in the jersey stripe. The yellow outlines of the jersey arc need to be thicker (at least match the thickness of the armhole trim) and the yellow highlights on the shorts stripes seem to be uneven thickness. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I would love to see orange instead of yellow. I know its controversial but I think its a great look; more aggressive, military and fighterpilot inspired. 
And I wonder if there is a special reason for choosing the wishbone neckline? I think your concepts would look perfect with either crew or v-neck (Im not a fan of wishbone). 
Besides the wishbone issue I have - i gotta say this is amazing work and beautiful concepts! Would love to see your take on other expansion teams like Louisville, Vancouver and so on! And yeah, lets hope for the Sonics return! 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

Definitely a nice update for the '70s-era Sonics. It's a nice font and the new logo is solid. The alt logo is great (but the S should be white to match the other logos).

I agree with @WSU151; the arc of the text needs to match the jersey arc. Personally, I'd ditch the sleeve trim because it just gets in the way of the arc.

I'm a fan of the Emerald City jersey! I think the center court logo for the City edition could be white & green with a blue outline, though, to match the jersey.

Archived