Washington Pigskins

Krz

2 hours ago, Krz said:

So with the obvious need for a replacement, I whipped this up. It allows the team to keep the same basic look. Let me know what you think.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I think you should try to find a way to blend in the football with the pig a lot better. Because right now it's a floating football in front of a pig, so basically two elements that should rather be only one: a pig with a football-shaped body and laces, or a football that looks like a pig. Something like that.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

4 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

I think you should try to find a way to blend in the football with the pig a lot better. Because right now it's a floating football in front of a pig, so basically two elements that should rather be only one: a pig with a football-shaped body and laces, or a football that looks like a pig. Something like that.

Yeah I can see the problem with that. These are the two other versions I came up with. I tried to keep it simple because I think that’s one of the (less obvious) downfalls of the current logo.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Excellent!

On 7/3/2020 at 7:07 AM, Krz said:

So with the obvious need for a replacement, I whipped this up. It allows the team to keep the same basic look. Let me know what you think.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

OMG! I just submitted my own idea for the Pigskins without even seeing this. LOL! I think it would be a great name. 

Joe

An amusing take on a rebrand.  Peta would probably lose their mind.  The front-facing pig on the football is my favorite.  That would be a pretty cool logo for a "Hogs" themed fan club or fantasy team.

mainescarf.png

I like the idea but I feel like nowadays fierce animals always win. I would say something similar to what Arkansas has would fit with the theme. If it were up to me I would go with a name like generals or presidents and have George Washingtons head replace the current logo. You could even keep the same circle without the feathers with a W and be Washington for a year.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:19 AM, Lights Out said:

"Pigskins" is just too corny to be the name of a professional franchise, IMO. Washington needs a name with more gravitas than that.

The logos are kind of neat in the same vein as the Cubs' walking cub logo.

Razorbacks???

Archived