Edmonton CFL team rebrands as "Elks"

Sec19Row53

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

I like the helmet but I couldn't see anything but flames upon each glance, especially from the front view of the helmet.

Yeah, I agree. It's a good first pass at elk horns on a helmet, but I'm not sold on the execution. I can see it as flames, too. 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, Raptorman415 said:

I could see them fake rattling antlers and elk calls being used like how cowbells and horns are used around the league. Their sitting on a little goldmine for fans here with the Elk name if you ask me.

I just checked up Edmonton Elk on the google and got this as a result from an apparent twitter user. I don't think it looks bad as an alternate.

spacer.png

Needs more of the color "bone"... where's Nike when you need them?!

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

It is the best of many brutal options. 

But I’m not sure why they would go through a dog and pony show if the new name was determined all along.  It doesn’t make the transition any easier, and they face the risk of one of the list-padding names running out of control.  

35 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It is the best of many brutal options. 

But I’m not sure why they would go through a dog and pony show if the new name was determined all along.  It doesn’t make the transition any easier, and they face the risk of one of the list-padding names running out of control.  

Perhaps to draw out some hype and attention around a team in a wilting league that cant even play games at the moment.

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Better to draw out hype than to, I don't know, sell a :censored: ton of merchandise?

You don't think they'd sell a :censored:ton of merchandise after building up more hype? Especially when theres no need to rush out the new identity with no season immediately on the horizon.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Better to draw out hype than to, I don't know, sell a :censored: ton of merchandise?

The Kraken could have sold a billion jerseys over Christmas 2020. I have no idea why they're waiting until the fall. They lost an entire seasons worth of holiday spending.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Kraken could have sold a billion jerseys over Christmas 2020. I have no idea why they're waiting until the fall. They lost an entire seasons worth of holiday spending.

Apparently that was a manufacturing issue.  Don't know why, but the jersey design wasn't finalized soon enough to get them into production.

Instead, they dribbled the first merch out slowly, taking advantage of each new wave to boost interest.  Which is what the Elk could/should be doing.  Change the name and sell a bunch of tshirts with the name, then introduce the logo and reap the merch benefits, then jerseys.  

But there's not much point in drawing out the name needlessly if they really settled on one at the beginning.

46 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Apparently that was a manufacturing issue.  Don't know why, but the jersey design wasn't finalized soon enough to get them into production.

Instead, they dribbled the first merch out slowly, taking advantage of each new wave to boost interest.  Which is what the Elk could/should be doing.  Change the name and sell a bunch of tshirts with the name, then introduce the logo and reap the merch benefits, then jerseys.  

But there's not much point in drawing out the name needlessly if they really settled on one at the beginning.

Fair enough. There's Kraken stuff all over town; I have a sweatshirt from Costco and there's no shortage of hats/scarves/car flags/etc.

I see your point. Edmonton is being needlessly coy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived