Edmonton CFL team rebrands as "Elks"

Sec19Row53

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- "What does the 'EE' in 'EE Football Team' stand for?"

- "Edmonton... uhh I don't know what the second 'E' stands for yet... but I know it's not Eskimos"

Edmonton Emperors; they can keep the “EE” logo and colors, then have an emperor penguin alternate logo and mascot to help give a new, concrete brand direction.

I really don’t know if that’s a good, meh, or bad idea, but it’s something I thought of and figured it may have some potential.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Edmonton Emperors; they can keep the “EE” logo and colors, then have an emperor penguin alternate logo and mascot to help give a new, concrete brand direction.

I really don’t know if that’s a good, meh, or bad idea, but it’s something I thought of and figured it may have some potential.

I don't know if Emperors or Empire -- which has been thrown around a lot given that the team's marketing recently has focused around the "Eskimos Empire" -- are good choices, what with the colonial connotations and all.

I've been partial to Edmonton Express lately. The (EE) logo could easily fit into other train-themed identity elements.

49 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Even if it was wrong, any country that has Maple Leafs can also have Elks. :D 

44 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Consider "Elks Lodge"

Most definitely.

It would be perfect if they were an Edmonton band instead of a Winnipeg one, but I love “Edmonton Elks” either way.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

"Elks" just sounds weird to me and I can't get over it. It might be because it's just one syllable. Or because it's one syllable juxtaposed against three in "Edmonton." Or maybe because it's kind of a difficult word to wrap your tongue around; it kind of eminates from the back of the throat and reminds me of a cat coughing up a hairball.

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Realistically, all they would need to do is cover up the Eskimos wordmark and I guess the helmet bumper too.

trevor-harris.jpg

Like I said earlier in this thread, almost nothing about their branding, outside of the wordmark and I guess the polar bear mascot (which is a stretch), reflected the name "Eskimos".

Elks will fit perfectly on the helmet bumper.

6 minutes ago, Gordie said:

In the spirit of the Rough Riders, and best traditions of the CFL, why not GreenGolds?

spacer.png

Ahem... GREENGOLDS.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived