Edmonton CFL team rebrands as "Elks"

Sec19Row53

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put the EE logo inside the sleeve stripes like the Packers used to do when the Packers were trash, and then put the antlers on the helmet. Antlers on a helmet is such a great idea that I can't believe a team hasn't done it already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Yeah, and Elk isn't a terrible name. I think the point was that it does feel a little forced though for sake of keeping the EE

An example of a name being forced would be "Washington Red Wolves" -- an identity with little purpose other than to keep the "Washington Red-(blank)" naming structure.

Edmonton Elks actually has a place in franchise lore, including a championship. The fact that it would allow the club to retain the "EE" branding wouldn't make this forced — it would make it perfect. 

5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Put the EE logo inside the sleeve stripes like the Packers used to do when the Packers were trash, and then put the antlers on the helmet. Antlers on a helmet is such a great idea that I can't believe a team hasn't done it already.

That's a fantastic idea, actually.

The EE is an ideal secondary. 

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Chicago Staggs of the failed A11FL planned on using antlers on their helmet, but they never played a down.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, burgundy said:

The Chicago Staggs of the failed A11FL planned on using antlers on their helmet, but they never played a down.

spacer.png

That kicks all kinds of ass.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

26 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It has 😉 

http://truenorth.pmfilion.com/teams.php?teamid=1&show=uniforms 

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

37 minutes ago, burgundy said:

spacer.png

That's a great idea, but I think the antlers are overwhelmed by the dark keyline, which is thicker than the antlers themselves in many places.

I'm sure Edmonton can do something fantastic with this.

16612170_web1_190429-BPD-M-elk01.jpg

Edmonton Excellences of Execution

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Edmonton E’s. They DO kinda share a color scheme with the A’s...

EDIT: Or just call them the Edmonton Edmontonians...the Double Es.

Dammit - your Shasta edit doesn't tag along.

I remember Shasta, and that catch phrase, but can't recall what it has to do with what you typed. Anything?

It's where I sit.

Archived