MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 10/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, DEAD! said:

I  did suggest that for Washington. 

I actually like that for Washington too.  Maybe with Teddy Roosevelt on the side of the helmet?

Would there be a large objection to that from the Saskatchewan Roughriders? I'd imagine so. 

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 7:42 AM, totc said:

I'd say something that stars with an F, like the Edmonton Freeze. All you have to do is change that lower leg of the second E.

Ah, the reverse WWE strategy

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Edmonton Football Club: The Double E closing in on new name

When the next Canadian Football League regular season rolls around in 2021 or beyond, the Edmonton Football Club will have a new name in place.

The president and CEO of the Edmonton Football Club, Chris Presson, said this week that the team has a timeline for the announcement.

“We’re looking for something in the early spring next year, in terms of a name and a new logo.”

Presson says the team is working with an agency to help with the process, that will include a lot of communication with key stakeholders.

“We are in the process of developing our fan engagement plan to make sure we take the proper feedback from all involved.”

Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/7442194/edmonton-football-club-new-name-cfl/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently according to some local news in Edmonton, there's going to be news tomorrow on the new name (with tomorrow being the date of when the Grey Cup should have been and the EFT's Joey Moss memorial online 50/50).

If this report is true, I don't think it's a reveal of the name because there hasn't been any announcements or anything, so it might just be further detail or something.

IEI5Tg1.png

I really hope it's Elks. "Edmonton Eskimos" was never a brand that meant anything to me, and the potential to do a antlered helmet -- a very Canadian analogue to the Rams -- is just so cool that it'll actually be an improvement and not just making a bad word go away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I really hope it's Elks. "Edmonton Eskimos" was never a brand that meant anything to me, and the potential to do a antlered helmet -- a very Canadian analogue to the Rams -- is just so cool that it'll actually be an improvement and not just making a bad word go away.

What I was hoping as well. Simple name change and they can keep the same helmet.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I really hope it's Elks... the potential to do a antlered helmet -- a very Canadian analogue to the Rams -- is just so cool that it'll actually be an improvement and not just making a bad word go away.

I couldn't possibly agree more. Someone get Dane Storrusten on the line. It's time to repurpose his Chicago Staggs identity - in Green, Gold, and White - for the Edmonton Elk. 

1K8cIE5m.png?1 RBivSMkm.jpg?1
sJL8kFfl.jpg?1

LhnBorrl.jpg?1

Dc1jz0Xl.jpg?1

Anyone else thinking they might announce some contest to vote on finalist names?

Also odd that the article states they are looking at new name AND new logo for the spring, but later on say the team would like to stick with the classic EE.

So can we assume we'll see some variant of the current EE? Seems like  expensive work for nothing, when 99% of CFL fans are fine with the current logo, any big change there is opening the door to some disaster.

Y'know... like...

oe4tclfezag2ive1f50hscbfg.gif

1 minute ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Anyone else thinking they might announce some contest to vote on finalist names?

Also odd that the article states they are looking at new name AND new logo for the spring, but later on say the team would like to stick with the classic EE.

So can we assume we'll see some variant of the current EE? Seems like  expensive work for nothing, when 99% of CFL fans are fine with the current logo, any big change there is opening the door to some disaster.

Y'know... like...

oe4tclfezag2ive1f50hscbfg.gif

No. Please drop it off.

Archived