Washington Generals NFL

AndrewG70

I think you need a more developed logo. The only way an NFL team could pass that off as their primary logo is if it had 50+ years of history behind it. The color scheme is interesting to me, though less realistic than finding a way to work with burgundy and gold. It fits the Generals name though.

I disagree.What do mean more developed? How more developed do you need? The logo has spot on detail of what the five star general would wear on his military uniform. The shade of both colors are exact. And I didn't even serve in the military and still see, let alone know this.

15 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

I think you need a more developed logo. The only way an NFL team could pass that off as their primary logo is if it had 50+ years of history behind it. The color scheme is interesting to me, though less realistic than finding a way to work with burgundy and gold. It fits the Generals name though.

11 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

I disagree.What do mean more developed? How more developed do you need? The logo has spot on detail of what the five star general would wear on his military uniform. The shade of both colors are exact. And I didn't even serve in the military and still see, let alone know this.

Perhaps a golden beveled W in the middle of the stars? Like a roundel?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

19 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

No need to belittle. I just meant in terms of its connection to Washington in any way. I just think it's a bit too basic. It's 5 stars. Maybe it's not meant to be the team's only logo, but if so then we should see more. That's all I mean.

On 7/5/2020 at 12:49 AM, AndrewG70 said:

Here's my concept for the renamed Washington Generals of the NFL. What do you think?

spacer.pngspacer.png

I really, really like the uniforms/color scheme. It's so unique because it's so not NFL-ish at all, which is always good. The logo is simple, yet pretty smart (five stars/five-star general + negative space is the Pentagon). Many NFL team logos are overly simplistic, like the Cowboys lone star, the Colts' horsehoe, the Chargers bolt, the Bears' Wishbone C – and hey, let's not forget – the Browns don't even have a real logo except for an orange, logo-less helmet which is unique, bold, and the right way to separate themselves from the rest of the league.

And the more I look at this logo, the more I like it. I actually think that this is a very good concept. Good job!

Question, AndrewG70: Would the helmets get a matte finish in real life? Say yes...

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

2 hours ago, kb105 said:

Also if you were to put anything in the middle, it would hide the pentagon shape the points of the stars make, which is probably another reference to generals. 

Totally agree. In my view, the negative space that shapes the Pentagon is perfect.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

https://images.app.goo.gl/vFB4hvZwQnoknDCy6

The logo is similar to Dane Storensun's for the AFL league that didn't kick off. I like the idea of an olive drab uniform as an alternate, but not a primary. If you're going to use the 5 star logo, adding a Washington landmark or a general inside the star pattern would help support the idea. You only have a fewoptions though: Washington, Pershing and I believe Eisenhower were 5 stars, and maybe Marshall?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You've got a very solid concept here. I agree with both sides in regards to the complexity of the logo. I think that adding a black stroke to the logo would look more modern, but that would complicate the color scheme. The uniforms are solid too. The color scheme applies very well. A stenciled block font like the one Army uses would look amazing, and adding some shading to the collar and cuffs would look amazing. Great job!

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 7/6/2020 at 6:57 PM, CLEstones said:

Colors are similar to the Jets.  I would think 4 stars would make more sense, like a 4 star general. 

The Jets don't have hunter green anymore; they've replaced it with a pretty loud (nicely looking) shade, Gotham Green. They also don't have beige/sand like in this concept – they have white (and black). Means that many teams are similar to each other. The Chiefs use red and yellow; the 'Skins, too. The Rams and the Chargers – blue and yellow. The Cardinals and Falcons both have red, black and whte. Let alone all these teams who are red, white and blue; like my Giants.

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/vFB4hvZwQnoknDCy6

The logo is similar to Dane Storensun's for the AFL league that didn't kick off. I like the idea of an olive drab uniform as an alternate, but not a primary. If you're going to use the 5 star logo, adding a Washington landmark or a general inside the star pattern would help support the idea. You only have a fewoptions though: Washington, Pershing and I believe Eisenhower were 5 stars, and maybe Marshall?

There have been 5 5-Star Generals in the US Army; Marshall, Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur, Henry Arnold, and Omar Bradley. Both Washington (Posthumously and Permanently made the most Senior Officer in the American Military, forever) and Pershing are considered 6-Star Generals. Henry Arnold was also a 5-Star General of the Air Force. The equivalency in the Navy has been given to 4 men; Chester Nimitz, William Leahy, William Halsey, and Ernest King. George Dewey was the Navy's equivalent of a 6-Star General, awarded after his retirement. Omar Bradley was the last American to hold 5-Star rank, when he died in 1981. The highest currnt rank is 4-Star (Presently there are 44), but POTUS or the Senate can award a 5th Star at any time.

22 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

The Jets don't have hunter green anymore; they've replaced it with a pretty loud (nice looking) shade, Gotham Green. They also don't have beige/sand like in this concept – they have white (and black). Means that many teams are similar to each other. The Chiefs use red and yellow; the 'Skins, too. The Rams and the Chargers – blue and yellow. The Cardinals and Falcons both have red, black and whte. Let alone all these teams who are red, white and blue; like my Giants.

That's exactly my point.  If you are going to rebrand and rename a team, I would either stick with my traditional colors or come up with a unique color scheme.  We have too many teams that recycle the same colors.

Cool concept here. The logo is similar to the one Dane had created as mentioned above. 

I think there is another user on here who has a similar concept. Great minds think alike!

I do like the colours and the connection to military...but I would agree they are close to the Jets (even if it's not the current Jets uni)...it's where I went first and people will make that association for sure. 

There are a couple teams that share the same colour schemes for sure...but they are different enough where it isn't an issue. Or, they come out with so many versions that there is enough variety (Chargers). So maybe you keep this version, but push further and come up with maybe 2 or more colour schemes. Maybe one that is totally new to the NFL. What I like most about this is you've gone away from the original Skins theme completely....which a lot of concepts still incorporate.

I think with a bit more exploration on unis (variety in colour), it can put this over the top.

Nice job man.

spacer.png

On 7/6/2020 at 12:57 PM, CLEstones said:

Colors are similar to the Jets.  I would think 4 stars would make more sense, like a 4 star general. 

I disagree, while 4 stars actually represents the title of General, the ranking of a 5 star is "General Of The Army" and that covers the Army, Air Force and Marines, sans the Navy which is totally different but still has 5 stars and shoulder stripes, its equal is known as "The Admiral Of The Navy".

Archived