Leicester City: Iceland Style

MDGP

I've been trying some new stuff lately when it comes to design, and after seeing Iceland's incredible new identity, I decided to try something in the modern design style that Iceland and the Montreal Alouettes have utilized so well in recent years.

As I'm wont to do, I decided to go back to a team that I'd made a design for previously. Awhile back I made a logo for Leicester in my European soccer redesigns thread that I'm, honestly, not very fond of looking back. I'd redo it, but I can't seem to find the original file anywhere, so I thought it was the perfect team to try something new and different with.

L3bUpLq.png

The design uses more of an outline style rather than the illustrated style and features only two main colors. Overall, the linework is designed to mimic the fur color of the original logo, with most of the head featuring yellow, and the snout featuring white. Rather than place the flower behind the logo, I decided to integrate it into the actual shape of the fox's head and ears. Finally, I wanted to keep the traditional roundel but kept it a simple circle with the ears protruding beyond it.

Below is a comparison with the current logo

DLjVnOh.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, RichardWitham said:

for fox's sake, that looks great

I hate that I laughed at that pun, haha.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

18 hours ago, MDGP said:

I've been trying some new stuff lately when it comes to design, and after seeing Iceland's incredible new identity, I decided to try something in the modern design style that Iceland and the Montreal Alouettes have utilized so well in recent years.

As I'm wont to do, I decided to go back to a team that I'd made a design for previously. Awhile back I made a logo for Leicester in my European soccer redesigns thread that I'm, honestly, not very fond of looking back. I'd redo it, but I can't seem to find the original file anywhere, so I thought it was the perfect team to try something new and different with.

L3bUpLq.png

The design uses more of an outline style rather than the illustrated style and features only two main colors. Overall, the linework is designed to mimic the fur color of the original logo, with most of the head featuring yellow, and the snout featuring white. Rather than place the flower behind the logo, I decided to integrate it into the actual shape of the fox's head and ears. Finally, I wanted to keep the traditional roundel but kept it a simple circle with the ears protruding beyond it.

Below is a comparison with the current logo

DLjVnOh.png

I like it, but I wonder if you could place the team initials at the bottom of the logo and see how that looks?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived