NFL Teams Redesigns & Tweaks

FroBroStudio

Introducing the San Francisco 49ers!

This team has a classic look that I believed needed some very minor tweaking but overall, is still a classic look that I think Niners' Fans would like.

Forgive me for adding black pants on the last image since a few fans (probably not the ones on these boards) appreciated the black set and the niners having a history of utilizing black as an accent color anyway.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Los Angeles Rams.

For this team, their new branding doesn't bother me as much as I thought but their uniforms are disjointed with the use of gradients in the wrong places and color usage. All I really did is make the uniforms more consistent and use gradients sparingly. (Personal Thought: Gradients can be great! But it has to strike a balance of not being overwhelming and not being so subtle, theres no point in doing it.)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And apologies to the St. Louis Rams fans out there!

spacer.png

And as a reminder; a look at the Rams current uniforms:

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 8/13/2020 at 8:36 PM, FroBroStudio said:

Here's the New Jersey Jets.

I only changed the name because alliteration works! This design is a bit more retro cause while I feel that the Jets should've move further with their current design, I feel that it somewhat clashes with their branding a bit due to their current logo. I felt that going retro would work a lil better but with a twist.

Feel free to check it out and enjoy!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

As a kid from New Jersey begging to have another pro sports team represent us, I LOVE this. Nice work!

Sorry I'm just now joining the discussion so late, but I just want you to know these are really great!  A couple things though:

- Could you please do a Columbia Blue mockup for the Texans in this new style with the flag striping?  Those would fly off the racks faster than an antelope being chased by a coyote.

- I would love to see a modern Rams mockup like what you have, but with the traditional horns that, to the best of my knowledge, hadn't been changed (until this year!!) since 1950!

Other than those, I'm loving seeing everything you have here!  Keep up the great work!!

spacer.png

I like just about everything introduced into the New "Jersey" Jets concept...except the dark green and lime alternates.  They remind me heavily of the putrid Michigan State alternates that they wore about a year back.  My suggestion would be to swap the lime green with a light grey or gold that they wore back in 2011 for the 75th anniversary of the 1962 uniforms.  

Let me know what you think?

spacer.pngspacer.png

That 49ers redesign is terrific.The red and gold work very well together without much black.

I feel like with their jerseys it's usually all (black/dropshadow/overdone) or none (red/white only).  I really like the incorporation of gold into the jerseys.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That 49ers redesign is terrific.The red and gold work very well together without much black.

I feel like with their jerseys it's usually all (black/dropshadow/overdone) or none (red/white only).  I really like the incorporation of gold into the jerseys.

It was always a minor issue, annoyance, etc. (that i'll also post on another topic sometime)of mine that the Niners haven't had gold on their tops probably since 1946. But did those all black alternates rather than a gold jersey. 🤦🏼‍♂️

So the Nike logo is actually a formal part of the design?  Is it a Nike uniform or a Bills one?    A jersey advertiser shouldn't be integrated into the design, or the design becomes dependent on some company.  What would happen if Nike said they wanted out of the contract and adidas took it?  You'd have to change up the uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

So the Nike logo is actually a formal part of the design?  Is it a Nike uniform or a Bills one?    A jersey advertiser shouldn't be integrated into the design, or the design becomes dependent on some company.  What would happen if Nike said they wanted out of the contract and adidas took it?  You'd have to change up the uniform.

All NFL uniforms as of September 2020 are... Nike Uniforms. And the design that I did is a Bills uniform. Since the actual concern is only the shoulder area, here's a few shoulder designs:

spacer.png

Honestly, I wish the NFL allowed Nike, Reebok, Starter, etc. to place their logo marks in front like college football. But, it did present a design opportunity. So, to fulfill Nike's logo shoulder placement, I used the Swoosh in place of the bison horns. No regrets!

16 minutes ago, FroBroStudio said:

All NFL uniforms as of September 2020 are... Nike Uniforms. And the design that I did is a Bills uniform. Since the actual concern is only the shoulder area, here's a few shoulder designs:

spacer.png

Honestly, I wish the NFL allowed Nike, Reebok, Starter, etc. to place their logo marks in front like college football. But, it did present a design opportunity. So, to fulfill Nike's logo shoulder placement, I used the Swoosh in place of the bison horns. No regrets!

It's your concept so obviously your call, but why do you want more advertiser logos on uniforms?  It's a Bills uniform, not a Bills/Under Armour uniform.  We've talked about logo creep here before, and when one company's outfit is designed specifically to enhance or feature the logo of another, that's about the textbook definition.

Your third option is probably the best, but I think the "eye" is only the bottom of it, so it's just kind of a "blotch" without full context.   Maybe something where the red expands as it goes back? 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It's your concept so obviously your call, but why do you want more advertiser logos on uniforms?  It's a Bills uniform, not a Bills/Under Armour uniform.  We've talked about logo creep here before, and when one company's outfit is designed specifically to enhance or feature the logo of another, that's about the textbook definition.

Your third option is probably the best, but I think the "eye" is only the bottom of it, so it's just kind of a "blotch" without full context.   Maybe something where the red expands as it goes back? 

Its a Bills uniform Manufactured by Nike. I don't want more advertiser logos than allowed and I don't see it as a logo creep. Is it the size of the logo bothersome perhaps? the size and the integration into the design? I'm still confused by your comments...

2 hours ago, FroBroStudio said:

Its a Bills uniform Manufactured by Nike. I don't want more advertiser logos than allowed and I don't see it as a logo creep. Is it the size of the logo bothersome perhaps? the size and the integration into the design? I'm still confused by your comments...

What he's saying is he doesn't like how the logo is completely integrated into the design as a part of it rather than being separate from the design and completely replaceable. The problem with a design like this (which is a good concept, I like it quite a bit) is that the design is now reliant on the manufacturer (in this case, Nike) and their logo rather than standing separately as a design based on the team. This exact design wouldn't work with Adidas or Under Armor because the swoosh is now an essential part of the sleeve, forcing changes to be made. That's what logo creep is, and this is pretty much a textbook example of it. 

That said, I do really like the design and there's not much I would change. I like the option with the "horn" from the logo, but I like the option that's just the striping that covers the whole sleeve with the Nike logo above it. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, QCS said:

What he's saying is he doesn't like how the logo is completely integrated into the design as a part of it rather than being separate from the design and completely replaceable. The problem with a design like this (which is a good concept, I like it quite a bit) is that the design is now reliant on the manufacturer (in this case, Nike) and their logo rather than standing separately as a design based on the team. This exact design wouldn't work with Adidas or Under Armor because the swoosh is now an essential part of the sleeve, forcing changes to be made. That's what logo creep is, and this is pretty much a textbook example of it. 

That said, I do really like the design and there's not much I would change. I like the option with the "horn" from the logo, but I like the option that's just the striping that covers the whole sleeve with the Nike logo above it. 

Ahhh. I understand now. I should clarify a bit and let y'all know about the rules I've given myself when making this thread...

7 hours ago, QCS said:

That's mostly it.  Even things like the Ree-box and Seahawks sleeves aren't necessarily manufacturer-dependent, but still are design elements designed to showcase a logo other than the team that's jersey it is.  

At some point it becomes more a "Nike jersey" than a "Bills jersey".  Also, let's be careful calling them "manufacturer logos" rather than "advertiser logos".  Nike didn't even manufacture a good number of the NFL jerseys when it took over in 2012.  Some were manufactured by Ripon, who simply took Nike patches and applied them to the jersey sleeves.  Nike paid for that space - whether it's their materials or not is irrelevant.

Anyway, sorry - I'm derailing the thread at this point.  I'll go away.  Nice work.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:09 PM, BBTV said:

That's mostly it.  Even things like the Ree-box and Seahawks sleeves aren't necessarily manufacturer-dependent, but still are design elements designed to showcase a logo other than the team that's jersey it is.  

At some point it becomes more a "Nike jersey" than a "Bills jersey".  Also, let's be careful calling them "manufacturer logos" rather than "advertiser logos".  Nike didn't even manufacture a good number of the NFL jerseys when it took over in 2012.  Some were manufactured by Ripon, who simply took Nike patches and applied them to the jersey sleeves.  Nike paid for that space - whether it's their materials or not is irrelevant.

Anyway, sorry - I'm derailing the thread at this point.  I'll go away.  Nice work.

No need to apologize. Besides, things were cleared up, we all reached an understanding, and I have some ideas for the other teams I haven't finished yet!

On 9/9/2020 at 8:53 AM, FroBroStudio said:

spacer.png

Great idea, honestly I like all of them can’t just pick one. 

Archived