Let’s all Choose the Best Washington Wizards Logo Ever

Let’s all Choose the Best Washington Wizards Logo Ever

July 8, 2020 - 20:17 PM

Our best logo ever tournament continues today with the National Basketball Association’s Baltimore/Capital/Washington Bullets/Wizards, sixty years, three cities, two nicknames, and a whole bunch of little logo and colour tweaks. Thanks to everyone who participated in our Baltimore Orioles poll earlier this week, you can see the results of that

Read More...

What would the 1987-1997 hands look like on the previous logo? I think everything about the previous logo is better than the 87-97 logo besides maybe the hands.

Also the old uniforms were striped so you never had this outlining issue:

492429917.jpg.0.jpg

Maybe there could be a flag so the bot knows to push things like this to Discussion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If the 2015 logo was just the center part with the basketball, star and Washington monument, it would win handily.  Sadly the outer ring with the text overcrowds and spoils it.  Going to have to go with 2011-15.  It might look a bit dated but it deserves props for displaying the teams namesake and initials in a clever manner.

If they had kept the name on the move from Chicago, "Baltimore Zephyrs" and "Washington Zephyrs" both would have sounded pretty cool. 

Add 'em all up and Baltimore-Washington may have the all-time worst set of logos of any metropolitan area. I don't think they had a hit until the Weagle, and that's just a secondary!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This might be unpopular but I've always been a big fan of the red and blue version of the wizard and moon logo, I think it had so much more character than the current roundel ever will have, would love to see them bring it back but I know it can't happen. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The hands reaching for the ball is really, really cheesy.  I think my favorite logo is the current monument logo.

But I really liked the red 1980s/90s Bullets uniform...don't like the striped ones, but the red one is terrific.  And we don't really have much with basic R/W/B any more that is red-dominant.  If the Wizards are going to go with that scheme (not very Wizardy...), I wish they'd mimic the Bol/Bugues Bullets uniforms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived