Washington Warriors Concept (Redskins Reimagning)

SSmith48

At this point, there has been so many concepts for a Redskins rebrand over the last week, that I might be beating a dead horse here, but I'll throw my hat in the ring nonetheless.

I started with the expectation the Redskins name and logo/imagery will be completely dropped. From there, I liked the idea of Warriors, as it keeps a piece of the team's history, but it can be redone in so many different ways. I chose to go with something that was more taken from a monumental/iconic feel, using a less brash burgundy and gold color scheme and introducing a new shield logo complete with new W emblem, meant to resemble the Washington Monument or a warrior's sword. The uniforms take on a more classic look, as to not take away too much from the Redskins traditional look.

I know this isn't the most imaginative idea, but it was one I have been sitting on for about a year. What do you guys think?

woSH24o.png

mue6SXB.png

eOURQfn.png

QgWE4jP.png

Oh and apparently this somehow made it onto Yahoo Sports, which was surprising to say the least. 😅https://sports.yahoo.com/best-uniform-logo-designs-potential-204409667.html

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I absolutely love the color scheme. Those values of burgundy and gold work very well together. The uniforms themselves look excellent as well! I think they do a great job of having a look all thier own while still maintaining the basic historical Washington football aesthetic. 

Very nice work all around! 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Love it.  The colors, especially the shade of gold.  The logo is prominent and strong.  I love everything about this.

mainescarf.png

Very sharp. I like this a lot.  it's a clean look for an old/historic franchise. It keeps what it can while ditching what it must.

I could also see that logo as a pretty good soccer crest. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

7 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I like how you carried over the colors & the logo design is clean, but I do think the golden stripes behind the white W gets a bit muddy in the mockups. I might mess with adding a red stroke around the W and either keeping the stripes as-is or making the shield a solid gold fill.

I agree wirh the logo getting lost in the mockup. What if you made the shield white, the W and stroke around the shield gold and the stripes and star burgundy? Also maybe shrink the size of the star and add two more to mimick the DC logo. Once that is done maybe an extra white stroke around the gold one.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Color scheme looks great integrated into this design. The only change I would suggest is to adjust the size of your W within the shield because some of the bottom gold bar is peaking over. It's something very small but I believe in keeping it consistent. While I would have liked to see a little more variation in uniform style and maybe an alternate logo, you've done a great job rebranding the club. Overall: A-

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

It's nice...but the home uni reminds me of Harvard.  

2019 Harvard football guide | Boston.com

Maybe make the home numbers gold, like the current 'Skins throwbacks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, WSU151 said:

It's nice...but the home uni reminds me of Harvard.  

2019 Harvard football guide | Boston.com

Maybe make the home numbers gold, like the current 'Skins throwbacks.

That's ok. Nobody watches Harvard football anyway.

mainescarf.png

• 1 month later...

Archived