Washington Redwolves

Faxion

Looking at this in context helps. So here it is along side the entire league in divisions.

What really stands out is that the Browns are in dire need of a proper logo and I am still not used to seeing the LA rams horn symbol.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think the simplicity of your earlier renditions worked best.

The snarl in my opinion isn't quite there yet and as a result takes it back a notch. If you are looking for intimidating... you could lose the snarl and just play with the eyes / brow. Similar to the Grizzlies example @uniguy22 posted. 

This current snarl throws off the symmetry of the entire logo and it's also not typical of the way a wolf would appear snarling. They would never raise one side only.

So maybe something to consider is to give the appearance of a fully raised upper lip to expose the teeth. 

4 minutes ago, OmegaRed said:

I think the simplicity of your earlier renditions worked best.

The snarl in my opinion isn't quite there yet and as a result takes it back a notch. If you are looking for intimidating... you could lose the snarl and just play with the eyes / brow. Similar to the Grizzlies example @uniguy22 posted. 

This current snarl throws off the symmetry of the entire logo and it's also not typical of the way a wolf would appear snarling. They would never raise one side only.

So maybe something to consider is to give the appearance of a fully raised upper lip to expose the teeth. 

That said, your latest concept is awesome! Just saw it now. My first reply was in regards to your initial concept.

Really like where you took it in the latest version. 

Continuing on from the 'Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo' thread...

The 90th Anniversary is on the horizon and with the switch from all things Native American, here is what the new jersey patch could look like.

spacer.png

On 8/9/2020 at 1:42 PM, Faxion said:

Same Name / Different Approach

Replacing Burgundy&Gold for Burgundy&Platinum

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think this is a really good look for Washington. 

- I don't care for the logo on the front of the jersey. It just looks cluttered and doesn't look "professional". It looks like a Div2/Arena league team. If you remove that, it's a really nice look.

- I would also remove the head from the "R" logo. If you finish off the tail (on the left) with the same white of the head and the W logo, it'd tie things in together and look sharper. 

Thanks for the Constructive Criticism.

The jersey patch was instead of a logo on the platinum metallic helmet. This is what Steelers, Jags, Chiefs and Jets have used before.

By "finish off the tail white" do you mean the descender to left on the'R' ? While keeping the right kicker stripe and arch at top burgundy?

On 7/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, Faxion said:

Before-After-Red-Wolves.jpg

Further revision of the Washington Redwolves re-brand.

Working with the existing Burgundy and Gold enables the new team to keep the heritage of the former franchise, while presenting a brand new ethos.

Whatever new name the team finally decides, it must look to the future yet link to the team's storied history.

The Redwolf head has been tweaked. Spacing the eyes and raising them slightly. I looked at many colour combinations and this was the best solution working with the restricted palette.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In my humble opinion, I think the best possible new team name & logo design for the Washington NFL team (since they can't just go by "Washington Football Team" forever past the 2020 & 2021 NFL seasons) is Redwolves (one compound word). I also would vote for this logo design. Well done! I do have a couple of questions, though. First, could you please create a mockup of the potential uniform design featuring this logo? I'd like to see what the uniform design would look like, featuring basically the club's 2019 uniforms with the updated logo on the helmet & wordmark on the chest of the jerseys. Second, how did you create a mockup that made it look like the beginning of a game highlight video on the NFL's official YouTube channel? Anyways, I think you've done an amazing job here. I sure hope that the real-life Washington Football Team takes notice of this, and hopefully picks "Redwolves" as the club's new nickname, and this logo as the club's new logo.

Here you go CATLogo1

spacer.png

This logo version is probably my favourite too. Had fun creating it from initial concept. Although feel it is not intimidating enough for real-world use in NFL. As a long suffering Washington fan, I hope Redwolves is the chosen name, not Warriors or something political.

1 hour ago, Faxion said:

Here you go CATLogo1

spacer.png

This logo version is probably my favourite too. Had fun creating it from initial concept. Although feel it is not intimidating enough for real-world use in NFL. As a long suffering Washington fan, I hope Redwolves is the chosen name, not Warriors or something political.

Hey Faxion, are you aware that the Washington NFL football team is actively seeking and soliciting fan submissions for a new team name and logo? You can submit your team name, logo & uniform designs over at WashingtonJourney.com. I highly encourage you to submit your design, and I sincerely hope that the Washington NFL team takes a long look at it.

I like your newer Redwolves concept more just on the basis that it seems to fit with the style of NFL logos more. Your original concept and its subsequent edits looks really good on its own, but it seems significantly more cartoon-y than NFL logos tend to look. It would fit in well, I think, with the Orioles cartoon bird and the NBA's 2K League logos. I don't think it would fit in well with the style of the rest of the NFL, though, even if I like it in of itself.

Your second concept, while more modern in many ways than most NFL logos, has elements that give me vibes similar to the Eagles and Lions. I think it's excellent.

3 hours ago, Faxion said:

Thanks for the Constructive Criticism.

The jersey patch was instead of a logo on the platinum metallic helmet. This is what Steelers, Jags, Chiefs and Jets have used before.

By "finish off the tail white" do you mean the descender to left on the'R' ? While keeping the right kicker stripe and arch at top burgundy?

Ok - got the idea. This is just my humble opinion (because all of this is 100,000x better than I could do) but I don't think it's a great look with this particular logo. I'd go with the primary on the helmet. You could do a circular logo (maybe a maroon circle  with the R in the middle a la Steelers, Jags, etc. At least in my head it feels like it would look good. 

R logo - on the left side side. So if this is the logo "R" then it would be the lower straight part (as opposed to the lower part that is at the angle)