Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

A shame they probably won’t use these colors/uniforms as a base for the new identity

The gold needs to be lighter than that dijon-mustard shade but still darker than standard-issue athletic gold. #DCB700 if you're scoring at home.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Washington has a great look with their primary uniforms, but the throwbacks are a great place to start if they want to rebrand entirely. Maroon, gold, and khaki work surprisingly well together. Not sure how you'd design a good road uniform with that palette, but it looks good at home.

They could stick with only the “khaki” pants. The white jersey could just be the darker burgundy numbers with gold trim

5 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Washington's normal colour scheme is excellent. It would be a shame if they threw out the burgundy and gold just to accommodate a name change. Theres nothing racist about the colours.

No one said they were gonna throw the normal colors away... it’s just that they have every chance in the world now to tweak the shades

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

No one said they were gonna throw the normal colors away... it’s just that they have every chance it the world now to tweak the shades

Tweaking the shades is throwing the normal colours away, and it's what I'm saying they shouldn't do, they've gotten it right already

They've been tweaking the shades for years and years, especially the burgundy. That's been all over the place. Sometimes they've been maroon. The Lombardi teams were practically cherry red. TruColor says they just darkened the burgundy four years ago.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I predict that the "Wolfskins" will do away with throwbacks starting with the first year of their rebrand and add a black or grey alternate instead. 

Danny Boy considered adding more black years ago and I could seem him forcing it in there because, you know, it's Snyder. 

On 11/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, the admiral said:

Terrible idea through and through: a blank faux-leather helmet is a bad affectation, and they shouldn't stick with having no nickname. 

I much prefer those shades of burgundy and gold, though. 

2002 Washington Redskins Full-Time Throwbacks - Sports Logo News - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Community - CCSLC - SportsLogos.Net Forums

I could have gotten behind this uniform for a team called the Redshirts. miss u spear helmet :(

Use this uniform, take the feather off the spear and call them the Washington Warriors. Warriors and the spear go together.

4 hours ago, joekono said:

Use this uniform, take the feather off the spear and call them the Washington Warriors. Warriors and the spear go together.

I could see FSU filing a suit against that. As a throwback it’s fine because they actually wore that, but wearing it regularly along with changing it FSU could file for “confusion” that it could create which is all you need to win an TM, and copyright suit.

7 hours ago, ptaylor said:

I predict that the "Wolfskins" will do away with throwbacks starting with the first year of their rebrand and add a black or grey alternate instead. 

Danny Boy considered adding more black years ago and I could seem him forcing it in there because, you know, it's Snyder. 

Granted, it’s using the former name and current jersey style, this “inverted” grey fashion jersey from last year didn’t look too bad.

spacer.png

It wouldn't look good with the then (or current) helmet and pants.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, ptaylor said:

That's what scares me most. There's a few too many black hats and shirts even with their temporary identity. And I don't trust Snyder to have good taste or make smart decisions. Those old concepts they considered were atrocious. Burgundy and black do not work well together. 

spacer.png

Archived