Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

One thing that’s always been surprising and disappointing to me is that there really isn’t a single American top tier pro sports team that uses the domesticated dog as their mascot. With as popular as domesticated canines are, how do we not have a single pro team with some sort of a dog theme? The Browns don’t count because they 1/16 ass the entire thing, and wolves don’t work because they’re still wild animals. 

I’d be down with the Washington Labs or Retrievers or something. Or, and stay with me here, Howabout a more northern breed of dog? I got it! 

The Washington Huskies. 

Boom. I think we’ve got a winner here. 

That's not bad. You could relabel the team for where the stadium sits and get the Landover Retrievers.

The Skins represent the entire DMV metro area, and I think some use of "District ___" or "Metro ____" could be interesting. I don't there's a willingness to go that route, but it would be sweet. And as valid as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, similarly named for an area and not an actual municipality.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

What if we just replaced the Washington Redskins with the Alabama Crimson Tide?

I am working on a concept for the design contest and one thought I had was using a wooly mammoth in the same vein as Alabama uses the elephant. Of course with the wooly mammoth being a Smithsonian reference. Ultimately decided Mammoths wouldn't work with one of their rivals being the Giants. 😅

369571.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

14 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I am working on a concept for the design contest and one thought I had was using a wooly mammoth in the same vein as Alabama uses the elephant. Of course with the wooly mammoth being a Smithsonian reference. Ultimately decided Mammoths wouldn't work with one of their rivals being the Giants. 😅

369571.jpg

I love the idea of a mammoth or hog for Washington. The colors would work great.

fiowXOD.png

Related to Monuments idea, what about the Washington Stonecutters? The Simpsons already provide a logo with the correct colors.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

On 7/17/2020 at 9:16 AM, disman00911 said:

Despite the controversies surrounding the Washington franchise with this sexual harassment bombshell not helping any matters, Redskins-related memorabilia seem to be in high demand.  I searched "NFL Pennants", "NFL Shirts", "NFL Hoodies", "NFL Posters", "NFL Helmets", etc on eBay just for the fun of it and in most cases the top result is a Redskins item or as I scroll down the page, I noticed a high amount of Redskns gear.  On "NFL Shirts" alone, 14 of the top 15 items as I scrolled on page 1 are Washington Redskins shirts and a few more show up as I scrolled down the page.

Let's buy them all up and then set them on fire. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

what about the Washington Werewolves

This name reminds me of when the UFL was expanding to Omaha for it's second second, and there was a group of people that legitimately wanted the name of the team to be the Omaha Zombies lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’d rather turn the fabric into masks for the reservations. 

Yeah, let's send a bunch of Redskins branded stuff to the Rez. Great idea. 😎 Seriously though, I get where you're coming from. That said, why are we automatically assuming the Rez needs us to send masks?

BB52Big.jpg

43 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

This whole thing reminds me of the backlash against Apu on The Simpsons.  People demanding change after decades.

Nah, the backlash was always there from minority groups too. It's just that those in power could afford to ignore them until recently.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived