rjrrzube

Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

Is there a swamp creature Washington can name themselves after?

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah, thanks for reminding us that there's a chance there may not be a season.

I'll be sure to put an asterisk on every post, just in case people forget that there's a pandemic... and Florida. 

Let's face it even if the NFL kicks off, they won't finish.  It will be a miracle if they finish.  

I like the sound of “Washington American Football Club” better, but what’re you gonna do on such short notice?

Design-wise, I don’t like the font they chose to use. I think a serif varsity block font would be more appropriate. Also, assuming the mockup is reasonably accurate, I’m surprised they aren’t keeping the stripes on the helmet. That’s a pretty iconic part the uniforms.

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Let's face it even if the NFL kicks off, they won't finish.  It will be a miracle if they finish.  

Jesus christ stop it!  We all know that.  It doesn't need to be appended to every godsdamned post.

*though I've done it myself... but I'll stop too.  Maybe.

10 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

Is there a swamp creature Washington can name themselves after?

I'm sure there is another Scandinavian creature that has no cultural significance to the area that Washington can lay claim.

I don’t understand the hate coming after this decision... it takes 18+ months for other teams to pump out a new identity yet you seemingly pressure Washington to do it in less than 100 days? 

Oh man - just realized their initials are now WFT, setting them up for all kinds of WTF jokes and even fake WTF merch.

All they needed to do was replace Team with Club.

WTF, WFT!

TBH this could just be the permanent name. Could be the first NFL team with Eurofootball naming conventions. Could call them Washington FT.

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Oh man - just realized their initials are now WFT, setting them up for all kinds of WTF jokes and even fake WTF merch.

All they needed to do was replace Team with Club.

WTF, WFT!

FTW! 

I'm just going to call the team "Washington Football Team Name TBD" which I got from Pat McAfee.  

Team's Twitter handle has been changed to @WashingtonNFL and wordmarks have been photoshopped out in old photos. 

Team has also retweeted a few photoshops of players in new uniforms:

11 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I wouldn't speak in absolutes like that. No one knows how anything will turn out. Best you can do, is give it a shot like MLS,MLB, NBA, and Nascar are doing. It's working to a degree.

3 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

I wouldn't speak in absolutes like that. No one knows how anything will turn out. Best you can do, is give it a shot like MLS,MLB, NBA, and Nascar are doing. It's working to a degree.

I'll give it a shot, but I don't even know if MLB is going to finish.  I think the NBA will because of the contained bubble.  

Why did they remove the helmet stripes? All they had to do with the helmets was trade out the logo for the numbers.

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Team's Twitter handle has been changed to @WashingtonNFL and wordmarks have been photoshopped out in old photos. 

Team has also retweeted a few photoshops of players in new uniforms:

Numbers on the helmets? I like that. Only good thing here. WTF. 

I don't like that the numbers are gold instead of white with a gold outline to match the jerseys.

Need gold pants and a burgundy facemask or the controversial color on this forum that starts with a G  facemask

Ugh of course they go with a generic stock football font.

And I would've preferred no name above the font numbers.