Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Numbers on the helmets? I like that. Only good thing here. WTF. 

I dig these...on my post I also would like toned the gold pants as a alternate option and either a burgundy or a dark grey facemask ... I  prefer white numerals over gold on the helmets 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

27 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Oh man - just realized their initials are now WFT, setting them up for all kinds of WTF jokes and even fake WTF merch.

All they needed to do was replace Team with Club.

WTF, WFT!

Eh, If they were Washington FC, there would likely be some confusion about them being a soccer team.

No idea why they're removing the helmet stripes, and the pointed serifs on the wordmark are stupid, but whatever, I guess it works for a short term solution.

I'm glad they're not rushing into a stupid name though. Hopefully they use this next year wisely and come up with a good identity.

spacer.png

Washington Redskins To Temporarily Change Name To Washington Football Team

July 23, 2020 - 17:18 PM

According to a report from ESPN senior reporter Adam Schefter, the Washington Redskins will now call themselves the Washington Football Team until they adopt a new nickname in the future. Washington, which earlier this month announced plans to retire the controversial Redskins name and logo at the conclusion of a

Read More...

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

I like the sound of “Washington American Football Club” better, but what’re you gonna do on such short notice?

Design-wise, I don’t like the font they chose to use. I think a serif varsity block font would be more appropriate. Also, assuming the mockup is reasonably accurate, I’m surprised they aren’t keeping the stripes on the helmet. That’s a pretty iconic part the uniforms.

Besides that being a mouthful, since we don't call soccer football, there's no need to reference the team as playing American Football. Along with them being from Washington, it would be doubly redundant.

It's where I sit.

Are we sure those mockups are what the uniforms are going to look like? That’s clearly a college uniform template, with the swoosh on the left chest instead of the sleeves. I have seen several media outlets sharing those pictures, but the team itself hasn’t. Their website only has some photoshopped old jerseys.

17 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Time to take bets on who will be the first announcer to slip up and call them the Redskins.

Be glad Marv Albert doesn't call (former) 'Skins games:

"The REDSKINS with the touchdown!"

"And now they're saying it's the [new team name]."

(On a side note, why not rebrand as the Washington Pigskins?)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived