rjrrzube

Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

The best part is now we can make them the Washington Washington Football Team Football Team. 😛

Wait until you try it without the S. @infrared41 did a good job coming up with that one.

8 minutes ago, LMU said:

Wait until you try it without the S. @infrared41 did a good job coming up with that one.

Ok, now I have to. 😛

Washington staff member, front office personnel, player, coach, and possibly cheerleader of the Washington Football Team that plays in Maryland and is headquartered in the Commonwealth of Virginia

EDIT: LMFAO, well played mods.

I'm assuming whenever the name is officially changed the censor will change too? Or will it forever be Washington Washington Football Team Football Team

:censored: The Washington Football Team!

edit: The double whammy of filter

so will their fight song be "hail to the washington racial slurs" now?

Will Washington Football Team get censored in all past posts as well?

Washington Football Team Rebrand Could Take 18 Months, Coach Says

July 25, 2020 - 21:18 PM

When the Washington Football Team earlier this month announced plans to retire its controversial nickname and logo, the hope was to have a new identity before the 2020 season. But over the last few weeks, the franchise realized a proper rebranding process takes time, especially when the goal is to create

Read More...

7 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

"Problem" is that your trivial opinion thankfully doesn't count anymore. But you can still feast your eyes on memorabilia, videos or whatever is needed to make your eyes watery!

Hail to the new era!

My racist grandpa calls our favorite school by its newer nickname. He still calls schools by their old names out of habit (North Texas State, Memphis State, Southwestern Louisiana, etc.), but he figured out how to call the team Red Wolves instead of Indians. Fans of the Washington Football Team (testing out the new filter) can figure this out. As I always say, the team's nickname is the least important part of the brand. It's not like you're having to live in a world where the NCAA vacated wins or something, you babies.

Under the Snyder regime, it's not like there's any real wins to vacate anyway.

Howl To The Red Wolves?

3 minutes ago, lost_limey said:

Under the Snyder regime, it's not like there's any real wins to vacate anyway.

Well, worst contract ever is a big “victory!”

spacer.png

No tears will be shed over vacating that.

I live in Maryland, about five minutes outside of the city. Most of the Washington fans I've talked to or seen posting on social media really don't seem to care about whether or not Snyder caved to the imaginary "PC police." We just want the controversy surrounding the team to be done with and for the team itself to start trying to win.

In this case?  Yeah, they are imaginary.  When we equate "treating people with respect" with "PC", we show that the term doesn't really have any meaning at all.

The old question was "Would you call a Native American a _____ to her face?"  Maybe now we replace it with "Would you tell a Native American that she's being too sensitive?"

staff member, front office personnel, player, coach, and possibly cheerleader of the Washington Football Team that plays in Maryland and is headquartered in the Commonwealth of Virginia Washington Football Team

So I have something of value: I Like THe new name and tbh should have the guts to keep it and just be forever known as Washington Football Team.

Or maybe the Washington Football Senators? 

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

In this case?  Yeah, they are imaginary.  When we equate "treating people with respect" with "PC", we show that the term doesn't really have any meaning at all.

You're not disputing that institutions patrol language, you're just saying they should. It's like people who say "there's no such thing as cancel culture and it doesn't go far enough."

16 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

Or maybe the Washington Football Senators? 

Absolutely not. It’s bad enough listening to announcers still referring to the Giants as “The New York FOOTBALL Giants”.

Its been 63 years. Bury it.