rjrrzube

Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

WTF is the yellow part under the ear hole?  I thought it was just his mouth guard jammed in there, but it looks integrated with the helmet.  

If that's an add-on that's in a team color, then do all the helmets have it, or just whatever model that is?  To me that seems to be the kind of thing that should be burgundy unless everyone has it.

It's a bumper on different models of Schutt helmets, most teams make it the same color as the shell. Washington has had them the past few years.

2 hours ago, McCall said:

The helmet Needs Stripes.

(We were all thinking it.)

I think they need to bring back the packers/cowboys style number patch on the side of the pants just to tie the whole uniform together...that would make the uniform the spotters' dream set.

1 hour ago, Eszcz21 said:

It's a bumper on different models of Schutt helmets, most teams make it the same color as the shell. Washington has had them the past few years.

Didn't know that.  It should totally be the same color as the shell, or white like the other bumpers.  Making it a team color makes it a design element which should be uniform for all players.

20 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Currently in the midst of a twitter feud with someone who wants the team to change to “Washington FC” and their entire purpose behind it is to undermine the change being made by allowing fans to continue calling them the “R*******” because “everyone would know what fans want and nobody can say anything about it”

But that's exactly what they did.

Posted (edited)

After getting a better look at the new Washington helmet, I think gray would definitely work better as the facemask color. Also, that roundel W logo is NICE, might have to buy myself a shirt. 

Edited by 1insaneguy
Someone else said it already, also saw more posts that hadn't loaded initially

2 hours ago, 1insaneguy said:

After getting a better look at the new Washington helmet, I think gray would definitely work better as the facemask color. Also, that roundel W logo is NICE, might have to buy myself a shirt. 

Grey or burgundy......I prefer white number helmets over gold

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

This article is for sure reading too deep into things... talks about “clues” in Washington’s new merchandise 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/washington-releases-first-team-merchandise-and-its-possible-there-are-clues-for-the-franchises-future-name/

Yeah, you're just going to have to get used to that for a bit. Every little marketing slogan for Arkansas State was cause for panic from certain people that it was a clue as to what the next nickname would be.

LOL

So I have seen the official NFL docs finally. They show the old 2 stripe pants the team has had in both white and burgundy as well as the yellow pants. It also shows solid all burgundy socks and the striped burgundy socks traditionally worn with the yellow pants.

So the renders showed new 3 stripe pants and a Denver like mid-calf striped sock.

The helmet shown in the logo slick show no outline on the numbers where the render showed white outlines.

At this point I am unsure what we will get until they are on the field. These logo slicks are historically rushed and inaccurate, but so can the renders be. I mean We all remember the Patriots release earlier this year with the wrong pant.

Guess we all have to wait and see

On 7/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, Survival79 said:

I wonder if these roundels are part of their official identity package or just something that Fanatics put together for merchandise.

yyCymuk.png

Seeing this stuff makes me wish they had done a special collection of First Nations merchandise this season and donated the profits back to them. I think people would have gotten behind that both socially and financially, but this “Washington Football Team” gear? I’d be surprised if they sell any of it. Seems like such a missed opportunity when they could have done something that turned heads and made an impact. They desperately need some good PR. 😂

sparky chewbarky got his wish of the Seattle Kraken, Prologo got his wish of generic Washington Sports Team merchandise, I'm a terrible CCSLC poster, when do I get to manifest my dreams?

6 hours ago, canzman said:

So I have seen the official NFL docs finally. They show the old 2 stripe pants the team has had in both white and burgundy as well as the yellow pants. It also shows solid all burgundy socks and the striped burgundy socks traditionally worn with the yellow pants.

So the renders showed new 3 stripe pants and a Denver like mid-calf striped sock.

The helmet shown in the logo slick show no outline on the numbers where the render showed white outlines.

At this point I am unsure what we will get until they are on the field. These logo slicks are historically rushed and inaccurate, but so can the renders be. I mean We all remember the Patriots release earlier this year with the wrong pant.

Guess we all have to wait and see

It does seem to make more sense that they'd be wearing pretty much the same thing as last year, minus the jersey wordmark and replacing the helmet logo with the numbers.  I mean, a month and a half ago, Snyder was still saying there was no way this was ever going to even happen. Peeling off the logo off the Helmet, and leaving as much as possible unchanged really seems like the most likely scenario. 

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

sparky chewbarky got his wish of the Seattle Kraken,

He’s gonna lady canine about the design not being close to his “brilliance.”

Prologo got his wish of generic Washington Sports Team merchandise

It’s burgundy and gold, decidedly less generic than his mess.

, I'm a terrible CCSLC poster, when do I get to manifest my dreams?

You’re one of the best on here, dude. You can get your dream of a better Detroit-style pizza than this:

BrdPo4G.jpg

I love how this pictures gets more awful the longer you stare at it.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

sparky chewbarky got his wish of the Seattle Kraken, Prologo got his wish of generic Washington Sports Team merchandise, I'm a terrible CCSLC poster, when do I get to manifest my dreams?

But Ad, what are your dreams? (Besides the NHL functioning reasonably)