Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

Look, I'm pretty sure they didn't bother to change the finish on the helmet but pretty much nothing else.

"Hey, this name change thing caught us completely off guard... For now, let's just peel the logo off and replace it with plain numbers until we decide on our new direction.  Oh, yeah, and completely change the helmets paint and finish while you're at it."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Look, I'm pretty sure they didn't bother to change the finish on the helmet but pretty much nothing else.

"Hey, this name change thing caught us completely off guard... For now, let's just peel the logo off and replace it with plain numbers until we decide on our new direction.  Oh, yeah, and completely change the helmets paint and finish while you're at it."

Exactly. People are looking for changes of significance from the WTF when in reality they are doing real life photo airbrushing over their old identity and nothing more.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I leave this place for a few hours and come back to this...

I still don’t see the intended metallic finishspacer.png

Look all around the big white rectangle (indoor light) next to the 20...see all the gray dots in the burgandy paint? Metallic. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Look all around the big white rectangle (indoor light) next to the 20...see all the gray dots in the burgandy paint? Metallic. 

Their use of metallic finish is so insignificant it wouldn’t even be a huge deal for them to drop it completely.

41 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Exactly. People are looking for changes of significance from the WTF when in reality they are doing real life photo airbrushing over their old identity and nothing more.

See above.

28 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Their use of metallic finish is so insignificant it wouldn’t even be a huge deal for them to drop it completely.

See above.

Agreed, but why would they do it now when it seems they are content to just minimize connections to their previous name, and do that as simply as possible?

It's where I sit.

34 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

See above.

I like the metallic finish, looks great in the sun. But looking at old pictures (and by old pictures I mean late 90s on Google images) the non-metallic finish did have some charm to it. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The WTF should be a non-metallic team.  They've never had a contemporary look in their history, so they should stick to the more traditional gloss or whatever the non-metallic option is.  

Metallic looks really nice - especially the Giants and Jets - but often doesn't come close to matching the fabrics in most lighting situations (especially the Jets).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

See above.

OK same old helmets with stripes removed and ugly number decals added.

Looks simple, elegant, and nice to me. "Clean", as the kids say. I would consider sticking with the number helmets next year.  Wonder if there will be a season. Would be quite a trivia piece id these never see the field.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Eh - too close to #HailtotheVictors 

I had to Google 'hail to the victors'. Never knew that was the name of Michigan's fight song. In fairness, I've never heard it sung before. Only played by the marching/pep band on TV.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I had to Google 'hail to the victors'. Never knew that was the name of Michigan's fight song. In fairness, I've never heard it sung before. Only played by the marching/pep band on TV.

I'd be willing to bet that MANY people know Hail to the Victors.

It's where I sit.

55 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'd be willing to bet that MANY people know Hail to the Victors.

I knew the actual song when I heard. Never knew it's title 🤷🏾‍♂️

Honestly the college fight song I know by it's title is Florida State's Seminole War Chant. Everything else is filed in my mind as (insert college name) fight song.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Hail to the Victors is one of like 5 fight songs I know any lyrics to. I fully know Arkansas State (duh) and Notre Dame. Not sure why I know Notre Dame's because I don't care about them in any way, shape, or form. All I remember of Michigan's song is "Hail to the victors, blah blah blah" and the line "Champions of the West" is in there somewhere.

As far as the hashtag? I don't know, most of them are dumb anyway, so just pick anything.

#DubFootball (Stealing from the University of Washington being nicknamed UDub)

#DubStep (Similar, but capitalizing on a trend from a decade ago because that seems like something Snyder would do)

#RedSpring (For if the season moves to Spring, and also conjures up the Red Summer because again, it seems like something these doofuses would do)

#OldSchool (Because they used to be good, back before I could really form memories. Also, can be accompanied by gifs of the Undertaker)

#AmericasTeam (They're the team in the nation's capital. Totally makes sense. Can't believe the Patriots didn't come up with this one first)

Archived