Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You spelled 'Wisconsin' wrong 😁

Damn. The one I made to be inoffensive was offensive. Am I the Washington [Redacted] of people?

No. I have the ability to self-reflect and feel shame. Crisis averted.

4 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

#Sorry would be a good one.

Works on multiple levels. Sorry for not even trying to do better with the nickname. Sorry for the constant crap teams. Sorry for the incompetence. Sorry for the off-field stuff you may have heard about. Sorry for being embarrassing in every way possible.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:51 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

WTF is the yellow part under the ear hole?  I thought it was just his mouth guard jammed in there, but it looks integrated with the helmet.  

If that's an add-on that's in a team color, then do all the helmets have it, or just whatever model that is?  To me that seems to be the kind of thing that should be burgundy unless everyone has it.

How the bleep did THIS post get rolled into THIS thread? Not @BringBackTheVet because he didn't do it - but this post was about the WFT and its yellow jaw piece on the burgundy helmet.

This is another reason why threads shouldn't be merged and/or split. You get stuff like this (plus there was only one new post for me in the thread, but it made me read through the whole thing, so I'm obligated to make a post just to express annoyance with the process).

It's where I sit.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, Red Wolf said:

#AmericasTeam (They're the team in the nation's capital. Totally makes sense. Can't believe the Patriots didn't come up with this one first)

Really? We're division rivals. 🙄

51JrCBUI3+L._SX362_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

I can't believe they stole that idea from a message board post I made. What a bunch of creeps.

I know. Sometimes they really are creepy. Maybe they beat you to your own idea - like when Little River Band wrote “Lonesome Loser” about my dating life almost a decade before I was born. 

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

America hates the Dallas Cowboys.

The Dallas Cowboys and Texas in general (outside of Dallas' mayor) hate America, humanity, and intelligence in general.  Returning the favor seems reasonable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's only a matter of time before cancel culture comes to Dallas. After all, Cowboys murdered thousands of American Indians. While they shouldn't have to change their name, they should have to disown the 'America's Team' moniker which they so graciously dubbed themselves in 1976...after losing the Super Bowl to the Steelers. If any team has a 'right' to call themselves 'America's Team' it should be the Patriots.

56 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

It's only a matter of time before cancel culture comes to Dallas. After all, Cowboys murdered thousands of American Indians.

Oh please. That is just ridiculous. First off, "Cowboy" is a job, not a race. Second, I'm pretty sure the military did most of the murdering of those "thousands of American Indians." Cowboys did :censored: like herding cattle, not wearing cowboy hats, and keeping the brothels in business. Finally, there are plenty of places to discuss cancel culture and these boards are not any of them.

I'm asking nicely that you knock it off. Please don't make me ask again.

Thanks.

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Bluefalcon said:

It's only a matter of time before cancel culture comes to Dallas. After all, Cowboys murdered thousands of American Indians. While they shouldn't have to change their name, they should have to disown the 'America's Team' moniker which they so graciously dubbed themselves in 1976...after losing the Super Bowl to the Steelers. If any team has a 'right' to call themselves 'America's Team' it should be the Patriots.

Cowboys can be good role models too! Have you read about the 36 brave cowboys of Ram Ranch?

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. For this guy, it depends on WHICH version of the Dallas Cowboys you are referring to. Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were my introduction into the great game. The Jerry Jones clown posse that came in after can go jump in a pool of rotten fish.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

11 minutes ago, Jimmy! said:

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. For this guy, it depends on WHICH version of the Dallas Cowboys you are referring to. Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were my introduction into the great game. The Jerry Jones clown posse that came in after can go jump in a pool of rotten fish.

The Landry/Staubach Cowboys teams were where I first cut my Cowboy-hating teeth.  When I was a lad, (young people, take a deep breath) we only got at best 4 NFL games a week, and with only the local sports news for clips, virtually zero national highlights (outside of Howard Cosell's MNF halftime show).  At that time CBS had the NFC rights and, living in Ohio far away from Minnesota, I was desperate for Viking games, clips, highlights, anything.  Instead CBS crammed the despicable Dallas Cowboys down our unwilling throats while NBC alternated the Bengals and Browns. Everyone I knew hated, hated, HATED, the Cowboys, but every week CBS (as my brother called them, the Cowboys Broadcasting System) continued to put them on. My Lord, I hated them. And CBS was so unabashed in their blatant favoritism.  Friggin' Phyllis George litterally cried on air after one glorious playoff flame out by those pompous jerkwads. "America's team"... the nerve!  My hate knew no bounds. When Skeletor... I mean Jerry Jones bought them, the hate just continued.  

Archived