Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

48 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

New idea: All potential names have to come from Arkansas. We've already got Red Wolves and Razorbacks. So, in all, I say these are the nominees:

• Red Wolves
  • Razorbacks
  • Muleriders
  • Boll Weevils
  • Wonder Boys

These are your only choices now. Sorry.

Washington Muleriders, FTW

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget what I said earlier about having in inclusive process to determine the name.  I'm firmly on board with DC Muleriders.  Let's get some graphics and merch put together stat so the Eagles can open in DC against the Muleriders and not the WTFs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Forget what I said earlier about having in inclusive process to determine the name.  I'm firmly on board with DC Muleriders.  Let's get some graphics and merch put together stat so the Eagles can open in DC against the Muleriders and not the WTFs.

well now it has to be the Washington Roughriders (or Rough Riders)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

14 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

New idea: All potential names have to come from Arkansas. We've already got Red Wolves and Razorbacks. So, in all, I say these are the nominees:

• Red Wolves
  • Razorbacks
  • Muleriders
  • Boll Weevils
  • Wonder Boys

These are your only choices now. Sorry.

No love for the Trojans??? 😁

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

47 minutes ago, Buc said:

No love for the Trojans??? 😁

The real crime is that I left out all the wacky women's names like Sugar Bears, Cotton Blossoms, and Golden Suns (formerly known as Wonderettes).

Those are practice pants and not necessarily indicative of what the game pants will look like.

I think it has been confirmed that the game pants aren't changing, but practice pants don't mean anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Probably a super unpopular opinion here, but part of me kind of hopes that they just stick with Washington Football Team. The burgundy and yellow look killer by themselves. And no matter what name they pick, it's just going to feel forced. I mean, they have been called the (Washington Football Team) since 1933. Nothing else is going to feel or sound right. 

Washington Football Team is almost like a classic soccer team name but would be unique for the NFL.

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Probably a super unpopular opinion here, but part of me kind of hopes that they just stick with Washington Football Team. The burgundy and yellow look killer by themselves. And no matter what name they pick, it's just going to feel forced. I mean, they have been called the (Washington Football Team) since 1933. Nothing else is going to feel or sound right. 

Washington Football Team is almost like a classic soccer team name but would be unique for the NFL.

Eh - I got used to saying Tennessee Titans, or Washington Wizards. I'd prefer to not sound like European Football with their team name.

It's where I sit.

That's a horrible idea, especially with the logos or lack thereof they have now. "Washington Football Team" sounds stupid. Just do some sort of Red____s and get back to mostly normal. Isn't that what 2021 is all about, getting back to mostly normal?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

That's a horrible idea, especially with the logos or lack thereof they have now. "Washington Football Team" sounds stupid. Just do some sort of Red____s and get back to mostly normal. Isn't that what 2021 is all about, getting back to mostly normal?

Well then, Washington Red Swamp Dragons?

swamp-dragons-logoset.png&f=1&nofb=1

Go burgundy/gold on it, replace the basketball with a football, and you will have Tom O'Grady's wet dream! ;) 

54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I just disagree with that line of thinking... coming up with a fake Red-something name just for the sake of putting a cartoon made up animal on the side of the helmet does nothing for me. 

34 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

I just disagree with that line of thinking... coming up with a fake Red-something name just for the sake of putting a cartoon made up animal on the side of the helmet does nothing for me. 

But they need SOMETHING for fans to identify with the team. The browns are really the only team in all of North American big 4 sports that don’t other than the helmet but they have close to 80 years of tradition to back that up, Washington does not have that luxury here. Being known as the Washington Football Team will feel stale more than it already does. Even in European football most of the clubs have nicknames like “reds” “Red Devils”, “blue birds,” “blues” ect.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well then, Washington Red Swamp Dragons?

swamp-dragons-logoset.png&f=1&nofb=1

Go burgundy/gold on it, replace the basketball with a football, and you will have Tom O'Grady's wet dream! ;) 

No. God no. Hell no. If I have to see that damned swamp dragon one more time, or hear more self serving back-patting about a 25 year old dinosaur logo, or see one more of his Trump-like tweets...

*breathes*

Sorry, but that guy is awful. And that’s the nicest thing I can say.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

1 minute ago, Frylock said:

No. God no. Hell no. If I have to see that damned swamp dragon one more time, or hear more self serving back-patting about a 25 year old dinosaur logo, or see one more of his Trump-like tweets...

*breathes*

Sorry, but that guy is awful. And that’s the nicest thing I can say.

Tom O'Grady is a delightful, humble man who is an excellent artist and an even better social media presence.

Sarcasm%2Bdetector.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

O'Grady is an ass and always has been. I'm sure he's inflated his role in a lot of these projects, maybe even stealing credit from other artists. 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

But they need SOMETHING for fans to identify with the team. The browns are really the only team in all of North American big 4 sports that don’t other than the helmet but they have close to 80 years of tradition to back that up, Washington does not have that luxury here. Being known as the Washington Football Team will feel stale more than it already does. Even in European football most of the clubs have nicknames like “reds” “Red Devils”, “blue birds,” “blues” ect.

Same is true in the USA. COME ON YOU LOONS! :)

Archived