Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frylock said:

No. God no. Hell no. If I have to see that damned swamp dragon one more time, or hear more self serving back-patting about a 25 year old dinosaur logo, or see one more of his Trump-like tweets...

*breathes*

Sorry, but that guy is awful. And that’s the nicest thing I can say.

The only time that swamp dragon was a welcome site was on game of zones.

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Why Not Washington Blues? Since they want to eliminate all ties to Reds***s, why not scrap the color scheme and go blue n' bronze like the 90's Wizards and Capitals

They still want the HTTR motto, and changing the teams colors is going to be a nonstarter 

7 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I just disagree with that line of thinking... coming up with a fake Red-something name just for the sake of putting a cartoon made up animal on the side of the helmet does nothing for me. 

Red wolves are real animals.

On 8/18/2020 at 11:09 AM, TenaciousG said:

Washington Democratic-Republicans. Thomas Jefferson approves.

Alternatives: the Washington Whigs, or the Washington Carpetbaggers 

Edit: This got me thinking of the Washington Federalists, but why not the Washington Federals? They could be called the Feds for short, and the FedEx guy who got the ball rolling on all this would certainly approve. Also the above names are a joke, for those of you who couldn’t figure it out.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I 100% approve of this naming.

What about.....wait for it.....The Washington Rederals? 😎 Takes care of the red and fed and.....I'll head out the door, lol.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

On 8/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, I have no dog in the fight, but Redwolves is the best of the most mentioned choices IMO. The military pandering would do nothing for me, and warriors is easily the most generic of the names that get brought up.  Plus Redwolves works great with the color scheme and has excellent logo potential.

Redwolves sounds extremely minor-leaguish and is to me, the worst of them all.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

On 8/18/2020 at 11:09 AM, TenaciousG said:

Edit: This got me thinking of the Washington Federalists, but why not the Washington Federals? They could be called the Feds for short, and the FedEx guy who got the ball rolling on all this would certainly approve. Also the above names are a joke, for those of you who couldn’t figure it out.

It's actually a good name.  However, there has already been a football team named the Washington Federals . . . and they were terrible.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

What the hell is a Federal?  Has anyone ever said "look at that Federal over there"?  Or "George was a great federal"?  It doesn't mean anything.  It's dumb.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

39 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What the hell is a Federal?  Has anyone ever said "look at that Federal over there"?  Or "George was a great federal"?  It doesn't mean anything.  It's dumb.  

Anyone who works for the federal government, also known as a “fed” for short

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

It's actually a good name.  However, there has already been a football team named the Washington Federals . . . and they were terrible.

Yeah, but they looked really nice.

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

Anyone who works for the federal government, also known as a “fed” for short

I've heard of "The Fed", and "The Feds" in the context of the Federal Reserve, government agencies, federal agents, FBI, etc.  Is that what people are thinking when they want to call a team the Federals?  I guess I can buy that, but I've never heard of an individual or a group referred to as a "federal" or the "federals", just the shortened "fed".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Yeah, but they looked really nice.

That they did . . . especially when they added silver to the mix in Year Two.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

MOD EDIT: Stop trolling this thread by trying to inject politics into it unnecessarily.

29 minutes ago, WideRight said:

They could be the "G-Men" except the Giants have pretty much cornered the market on that one. 

What? Is it suppose to stand for anything other than “government men” because that’s one of the worse ones I’ve heard, even more than the obvious joke ones because I think you’re actually being serious here

18 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Washington Reds. Done.

I know we're 30 or so years removed from the Cold War, but Reds historically has a Communist connotation (heck, my dad still calls China "Red China"). Although that connotation is primarily historical, I'm guessing Reds as the nickname for a team in the nation's capital is a non-starter.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived