rjrrzube

Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

Recommended Posts

Maybe Washington Red Roses since 'American Beauty' is an official flower of DC? Replace yellow by green and there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington Burgundy would be my pick... if not for this guy. 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, the admiral said:

3227_washington_football_team-primary-20

 

Look at this WordArt-ass type path, if it sinks any further there will be no "I" in "Washington"

 

While the logo as a whole does look like it was done in WordArt, that W would nevertheless make a fine helmet logo. It would also look great on a cap.

 

I really don't like having the numbers on the helmets. The helmets should either have this W logo, or else they should be blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

While the logo as a whole does look like it was done in WordArt, that W would nevertheless make a fine helmet logo. It would also look great on a cap.

 

I really don't like having the numbers on the helmets. The helmets should either have this W logo, or else they should be blank.

They don’t want to wear the “W” or any logo for that matter so fans don’t get attached to it before the change and they don’t want to have a blank helmet to not infringe on the browns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Maybe Washington Red Roses since 'American Beauty' is an official flower of DC? Replace yellow by green and there you go.

 

I really wanted to make this. A name so bad.....that it's good

 

lEBkLPy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

 

I really wanted to make this. A name so bad.....that it's good

 

lEBkLPy.png

That looks awful, I literally threw up in my mouth looking at that abomination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dont care said:

That looks awful, I literally threw up in my mouth looking at that abomination. 

I feel like you’re over exaggerating your reaction. It’s literally just the normal uniform, but green instead of gold and that triggered you to vomit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

 

I really wanted to make this. A name so bad.....that it's good

 

lEBkLPy.png

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I feel like you’re over exaggerating your reaction. It’s literally just the normal uniform, but green instead of gold and that triggered you to vomit?

Might be a few drinks I had last night but looking at that photo is what triggered it. And it’s not just that it’s green, but it’s lime green that doesn’t go with that color at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dont care said:

Might be a few drinks I had last night but looking at that photo is what triggered it. And it’s not just that it’s green, but it’s lime green that doesn’t go with that color at all.

Yeah I agree. The intensity of the green is slightly off putting. I’d be okay with a Jets level green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.png

I've realized a lot of coaches are wearing these shirts with the old font. I doubt these were leftover stock because I don't think they ever used the Washington wordmark on its own. Also the black and white seems like something recently made. I suspect that they eventually want to return to the same fonts with whatever name they pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty remarkable that complimentary colors like orange/blue and yellow/purple are among the greatest sports color combos, and yet red/green is almost nonexistent almost never looks good. Any theories why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

spacer.png

I've realized a lot of coaches are wearing these shirts with the old font. I doubt these were leftover stock because I don't think they ever used the Washington wordmark on its own. Also the black and white seems like something recently made. I suspect that they eventually want to return to the same fonts with whatever name they pick.

We are talking about practice gear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

It is pretty remarkable that complimentary colors like orange/blue and yellow/purple are among the greatest sports color combos, and yet red/green is almost nonexistent almost never looks good. Any theories why?

 

1) Complementary

 

2) the Bucks looked great when they wore forest green and red, as do the Minnesota Wild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the admiral said:

2) the Bucks looked great when they wore forest green and red, as do the Minnesota Wild

New Jersey Devils (sorry not sorry)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.