rjrrzube

Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

Maybe Washington Red Roses since 'American Beauty' is an official flower of DC? Replace yellow by green and there you go.

Washington Burgundy would be my pick... if not for this guy. 

spacer.png

22 hours ago, the admiral said:

3227_washington_football_team-primary-20

Look at this WordArt-ass type path, if it sinks any further there will be no "I" in "Washington"

While the logo as a whole does look like it was done in WordArt, that W would nevertheless make a fine helmet logo. It would also look great on a cap.

I really don't like having the numbers on the helmets. The helmets should either have this W logo, or else they should be blank.

36 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

While the logo as a whole does look like it was done in WordArt, that W would nevertheless make a fine helmet logo. It would also look great on a cap.

I really don't like having the numbers on the helmets. The helmets should either have this W logo, or else they should be blank.

They don’t want to wear the “W” or any logo for that matter so fans don’t get attached to it before the change and they don’t want to have a blank helmet to not infringe on the browns

23 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Maybe Washington Red Roses since 'American Beauty' is an official flower of DC? Replace yellow by green and there you go.

I really wanted to make this. A name so bad.....that it's good

lEBkLPy.png

18 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

lEBkLPy.png

That looks awful, I literally threw up in my mouth looking at that abomination. 

50 minutes ago, dont care said:

That looks awful, I literally threw up in my mouth looking at that abomination. 

I feel like you’re over exaggerating your reaction. It’s literally just the normal uniform, but green instead of gold and that triggered you to vomit?

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

lEBkLPy.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I feel like you’re over exaggerating your reaction. It’s literally just the normal uniform, but green instead of gold and that triggered you to vomit?

Might be a few drinks I had last night but looking at that photo is what triggered it. And it’s not just that it’s green, but it’s lime green that doesn’t go with that color at all.

30 minutes ago, dont care said:

Might be a few drinks I had last night but looking at that photo is what triggered it. And it’s not just that it’s green, but it’s lime green that doesn’t go with that color at all.

Yeah I agree. The intensity of the green is slightly off putting. I’d be okay with a Jets level green.

spacer.png

I've realized a lot of coaches are wearing these shirts with the old font. I doubt these were leftover stock because I don't think they ever used the Washington wordmark on its own. Also the black and white seems like something recently made. I suspect that they eventually want to return to the same fonts with whatever name they pick.

It is pretty remarkable that complimentary colors like orange/blue and yellow/purple are among the greatest sports color combos, and yet red/green is almost nonexistent almost never looks good. Any theories why?

41 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

spacer.png

I've realized a lot of coaches are wearing these shirts with the old font. I doubt these were leftover stock because I don't think they ever used the Washington wordmark on its own. Also the black and white seems like something recently made. I suspect that they eventually want to return to the same fonts with whatever name they pick.

We are talking about practice gear

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

It is pretty remarkable that complimentary colors like orange/blue and yellow/purple are among the greatest sports color combos, and yet red/green is almost nonexistent almost never looks good. Any theories why?

1) Complementary

2) the Bucks looked great when they wore forest green and red, as do the Minnesota Wild

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

2) the Bucks looked great when they wore forest green and red, as do the Minnesota Wild

New Jersey Devils (sorry not sorry)